Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E60 (2004 - 2010)

E60 (2004 - 2010)
BMW 5-Series (E60 chassis) was first seen in the Unites States in the fall of 2003 with a 2004 Model Year designation. The E60 is now available as a 528i, 528xi, 535i, 535xi, 550i and a 535xi sports wagon! -- View the E60 Wiki

Old 03-27-2013, 07:38 AM

Mein Auto: Bmw 5231 m sport
Exclamation Please help pdc e60

Please help my car is a late 2006 bmw 523i m sport the other day it was snowing hard , I cleared my car got in to drive and there was a pdc failure message , I opened boot to find water had got in to my spare wheel space the pdc unit was soaking , I disconnected it and put it in a bag of rice to dry out in a warm place, today I connected it back up fault still present , I went around car and listened to sensors all clicking,
Just now I purchased a new pdc controller from bmw at a cost of£205
I have fitted this new unit and still there is a pdc fault
Does this unit need coding if so how much would it cost
A friend of mine had this problem and a new pdc was installed without coding and worked a treat
Any other things I should check

Thank you
Advertisement
Old 03-29-2013, 02:03 PM

Help

Can anyone help really stuck here
Old 03-29-2013, 07:53 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '09 AW 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwtiggy View Post
Please help my car is a late 2006 bmw 523i m sport the other day it was snowing hard , I cleared my car got in to drive and there was a pdc failure message , I opened boot to find water had got in to my spare wheel space the pdc unit was soaking , I disconnected it and put it in a bag of rice to dry out in a warm place, today I connected it back up fault still present , I went around car and listened to sensors all clicking,
Just now I purchased a new pdc controller from bmw at a cost of£205
I have fitted this new unit and still there is a pdc fault
Does this unit need coding if so how much would it cost
A friend of mine had this problem and a new pdc was installed without coding and worked a treat
Any other things I should check

Thank you
If your friend's unit was a PnP then I would check all your connections to make sure there is no corrosion in the connections first.

2009 AW 535i
-Sport, Premium Package, and Comfort Access
-FBO, custom Cobb E30 map, Performance Gearing LSD.
Old 03-30-2013, 05:37 AM

All connections checked and are good can a sensor be faulty and still sound the clicking noise