Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 F15 (2014 - Current)

X5 F15 (2014 - Current)
The all new F15 BMW X5 started production August 2013 as a 2014 model year. The new X5 arrives in sDrive35i (RWD), xDrive35i, xDrive50i and a diesel xDrive 35d.

Old 03-29-2013, 02:19 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 13 X5 50i M-Performance
So, When is it finally getting revealed?

I was really hoping to see it in Geneva. When it didn't show, I was sure it was going to make an appearance in New York. It looks like it's not showing here either. What is BMW Thinking? Unless they so secretive about it, it will be revealed to the public Saturday with the start of the Show.

I really hope they do!
Ads by Google
Old 03-29-2013, 08:17 PM

Mein Auto: A box with 4 circles
Haha I have been thinking about this too.

1) I was thinking today but apparently Autoblog (theyre usually the official source of information I use, leaks are more Jalopnik thing) release their End of Auto show coverage piece. So Im guessing not NYC then? However I saw a blog post somewhere that had pictures of the F15 concept around Columbus circle and Union square in camo. So i banked that they would do a release here.

2) I was also thinking about this one thing. I dont remember ever seeing an E70 concept vehicle from BMW. I could be wrong, but as far as my memory and research indicates, I only remember seeing the official launch (no auto show launch) of the E70 and then straight to Production. Im guessing their doing something similar.

Why does this matter?
CAUSE EVERY TIME someone says Lexus has better build quality, one should consider what Toyota their Lexus Engine and chassis platform comes out of and how long that part has been tested in the real world!
Old 04-03-2013, 07:45 PM
Tar Heel Faithful

Send a message via AIM to AzNMpower32
Mein Auto: X3
It goes into production in July of this year. There will be more product differentiation this time for North American versus ECE/rest-of-the-world models this time.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:18 PM

Mein Auto: BMW X5 35d
Perhaps, it got delayed?

Old 04-04-2013, 01:38 PM

Mein Auto: 328xi
Also wondering about this; a little surprised no event yet.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:14 PM

Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by henrycyao View Post
Perhaps, it got delayed?
Fat chance. The current X5's are still selling like hotcakes, and BMW doesn't want to announce the new model too soon. Most people have no idea there is a new generation coming out in a few months, so BMW has no reason to kill sales of the current model by announcing it. I would guess we will see official release info late May.
Old 04-14-2013, 01:26 PM

Mein Auto: BMW X5
F15 to be or not to be

E70 models must extremely reliable by now (April 2013). BMW already had time to season the vehicle and deal with all the bugs. F15 is fast approaching with some dealerships talking about a May price list coming out and production coming out in July/August 2013. I'd like to hear comments on whether BMW does a good job with first year production of a new model line. Otherwise, I'd like to get my E70 X5 model now. I just don't want to deal with a nice looking F15 model that I need to take to the dealership for problems. Thoughts?
Old 04-20-2013, 10:08 AM

Mein Auto: A box with 4 circles
If reliability is your concern skip the first MY. get a short lease on a current, and then jump to say year 2 of the F15

Why does this matter?
CAUSE EVERY TIME someone says Lexus has better build quality, one should consider what Toyota their Lexus Engine and chassis platform comes out of and how long that part has been tested in the real world!
Old 04-20-2013, 10:40 PM

Mein Auto: BMW X5
Thanks, NoI4plz. That is a good point. I'll check into it.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:21 PM
Why drive anything else

Mein Auto: 2013 X5 35i Premium
Production of E70 stops in July and F15 production starts in August