Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest Regional > Regional Forums > Mid Atlantic Region - DC, DE, MD, PA, VA, and WV

Mid Atlantic Region - DC, DE, MD, PA, VA, and WV
Regional forum for members in DC, DE, MD, PA, VA, and WV.

Old 03-30-2013, 05:45 AM
diesel-fitter

Mein Auto: 335D
S.E. PA, who's hungry?

I live in Lafayette Hill, a suburb of Philly.
For the past two months, I have been visiting a wonderful little sushi place in Plymouth Meeting.
It's BYOB@!!!@!!
The food is amazing, prices too. Staff is very friendly. Owners on site.
It's empty all the time! I'm trying to promote it b/c I do not want them to go out of business.

I like to talk with pics,
so please allow me to share some pics first, to keep you interested.

BlueFin2 in Plymouth Meeting, PA. by Ryan Philly, on Flickr
Bottom right is north shore.
Above that is a special from last night... geisha.
Top left is crunchy spicy tuna.
Top right is dynamite.

BlueFin2 in Plymouth Meeting, PA. This was a special roll, no name. Ask the chef for something special! by Ryan Philly, on Flickr

BlueFin2 in Plymouth Meeting, PA. A look down the bar, at our order! by Ryan Philly, on Flickr

There were 8 of us last night, it's byob remember:

734593_10151327944586604_1670001352_n by Ryan Philly, on Flickr

Bring your alcohol. We usually bring a tall bottle of Vox.
For mixers, they have soda, sparkling water, I think that's it. So bring your own gear. They don't mind.

Make sure you go to the one in Plymouth Meeting. Not East Norriton.
Here's what I know about the story between 1 vs. 2.
The orig owners of BlueFin moved from Plymouth Meeting to East Norristown, bigger spot, by the 202/Germantown intersection.
A year later, other folks tried to franchise, were declined, but were able to buy the name from the OG. Which is crazy to me!
So the new one is BF2. And it's in the old location. And it's empty. All the time. So I am promoting, so they stay open.
BC the food is excellent. The owners and staff ar SO nice.

Here are the names that I remember:
Yung is the owners daughter, she's a server. She's funny and confident.
Tina is more shy, very sweet. Great server.
Matilda and Thomas are the owners.

Address:
1017 Germantown Pike
Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462
(610) 272-2962
www.bluefintwo.com

Please tell them that Ryan & Sara sent you. We have sent at least 15 different people there already.
I'm sure they will take care of you!!!

You must get the Wasabi Shumai appetizer!

Our fav rolls are:
Spicy Crunchy Tuna Roll
Dynamite Roll
Lobster Tempura Roll
King Kong Roll
Geisha is a special they have on occasion, it's very long roll with avocado and strawberry, it's more of a hit for the ladies, but I like it as well.

Green Tea Ice Cream Tempura

My wife got this thing:

BlueFin2 in Plymouth Meeting, PA by Ryan Philly, on Flickr
spicy tuna 202, and she said it was amazing.

Thanks for reading, please pass the word to others in the area,
Ryebread

Last edited by ryebread39; 03-30-2013 at 05:48 AM.
Ads by Google
Old 03-30-2013, 05:55 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via Skype™ to jfox335i
Mein Auto: 2010 E90 M3
Bluefin is pretty good. They have a spicy tuna cocktail there if I recall that is served in a martini glass which was bangin

Ooka is usually my go to sushi spot in the Philly area. There's one in. Doylestown and one in willow grove. If you ever make it there, the Kaani (crab) salad is awesome (not on menu, need to ask for it) and their ooka roll (tempura shrimp) are must gets. They have great hibachi too.

And if $$$ isn't an option, Morimoto's on chestnut st in the city is probably the best place in town, regardless of food style. Don't look at the menu, just get the Omakase 120 or 150 and enjoy. The chocolate pot de creme on the dessert menu is the best chocolate dessert I've ever had.

BMWCCA #471315
Old 03-30-2013, 06:10 AM
diesel-fitter

Mein Auto: 335D
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfox335i View Post
Bluefin is pretty good. They have a spicy tuna cocktail there if I recall that is served in a martini glass which was bangin

Ooka is usually my go to sushi spot in the Philly area. There's one in. Doylestown and one in willow grove. If you ever make it there, the Kaani (crab) salad is awesome (not on menu, need to ask for it) and their ooka roll (tempura shrimp) are must gets. They have great hibachi too.

And if $$$ isn't an option, Morimoto's on chestnut st in the city is probably the best place in town, regardless of food style. Don't look at the menu, just get the Omakase 120 or 150 and enjoy. The chocolate pot de creme on the dessert menu is the best chocolate dessert I've ever had.
I think the thing in the martini glass is the tuna202, I have a pic of it at the end of the post.
You may have been to bluefin, the original, or the new location in east norriton, they are packed.
I'm really trying to promote the new one, in the old smaller location in plymouth meeting.

Morimoto is something for special occasions, I agree it's amazing. Ooka, I've heard is great too, we will have to check it out, but a neighbor told me that BlueFin is actually better, do you agree? thank you!
Old 05-02-2013, 05:04 AM
Chief Strategist

Mein Auto: 2007 BMW Z4 3.0i
Looks good. We'll give it a try. Thanks for the tip.