Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E85 / E86 Z4 (2003-2008)

E85 / E86 Z4 (2003-2008)
E85 Z4 convertible and E86 Z4 coupe talk with our BMW gurus here.

Old 03-29-2013, 05:37 PM

Mein Auto: Mercedes
Noise from Front End After New Brakes and Control Arrm Bushings

I just picked up my 2007 Z4si after having new rotors and pads replaced, lower control arm bushings replaced and now I am getting a resonating type sound from the front (sounds something like a very loud runflat tires/roadnoise), but its not. I can hear it in neutral at about 5 to 10 mph and off and on at 20 to 40 mph.
I had new tires (michelin pilot sport a/s plus) put on on thursday and yesterday I took it the BMW dealer to have the valve lifters replaced (under warranty), brake fluid flushed and alignment and all 4 brakes replaced.
Anyone have any ideas?
I am planning on going back to dealer in the morning, but would like any thoughts beforehand.

Thanks
Ads by Google
Old 03-30-2013, 08:38 AM

Mein Auto: -98 Mroadster S50 Estoril
No vibrations? How is it in higher speeds?

New balancing? I suppose you had a proper alignment done?
Old 03-30-2013, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kornknarr View Post
No vibrations? How is it in higher speeds?

New balancing? I suppose you had a proper alignment done?
Yes, alignment done by the dealer. No shimmying tires are balanced. This started after the dealer replaced rotors, pads and lower control arm bushings.

It takes about 20 minutes of driving for the noise to start and it will do it at al speeds.

Took it back to dealer today and took tech for a ride. After about 15 minutes of driving it started to do it. He's never heard that sound before and didn't know what it could be by the sound.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:56 PM

I posted an update in my other thread "dealer installed incorrect brake rotors"
After the correct rotors and another new set of pads were installed on the front yesterday, tech test drove the car and all was good.
Today after belt and tensioner pully was replaced tech test drove car again and the noise is back.
It does it after about 20 minutes of driving and not while braking. It kind of sounds like a whirling whoa whoa sound.
Dealer has no clue what it is..