Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 03-25-2013, 08:45 AM

Mein Auto: Not a bmw... yet!
Speculation on April 2013 Incentives?

Current incentives end this month, and sales are overall up 50 bps (http://www.bimmerfest.com/news/67939...february-2013/). Digging in to the numbers however, that is almost all 6-series and X5s - elsewhere they are down YTD and for the most recent month (including the 3-series: -20% and 14% respectively).

I have not watched BMW long enough to know what this will mean for next month's factory incentives, but for those of us close to purchasing a vehicle, it could mean the difference of $500 or more, in either direction, should we choose to wait another week.

I wanted to see if anyone had any intuition about how the next round of factory incentives will look come 4/1/2013.
Ads by Google
Old 03-25-2013, 08:59 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '11 E90 328i
What car are you looking at?
Old 03-25-2013, 09:28 AM
Liked when BMW was in F1

Mein Auto: 2013 AH3 Lux Line
Based on Jon's post on the Ask a Delaer forum this is what I expect (for F30's at least):
- Loyalty cash will probably stay (but that doesn't help either you or me )
- APR cash will disapear for the time being (depending on sales levels, it might be replaced for June/July by some other incentive).
- Residuals will start to go down (driving the montlhy price for leases up) as we approach the EOP for 2013 models
- MF (for leases also), I can't guess on this one, it's pretty low right now, so I don't think they will lower it (unless they see sales dip, but I would expect them first to put some cash incentives in place first). I think it is going to hover around the current levels (maybe be it might go up 0.0001 or something).

I think that if you are planning to get your car between now and the summer, you might as well jump right in before the end of the month.
I am still holding since I really want a 2014 model, but I will likely wait all the way to November (and take advatage of Holiday cash incentives). If they don't do them I will regret this decision though :| (but I don't think they will not do them).

Current car: BMW AH3 2013 - Black Sapphire-Saddle brown-ZLL-ZPP-ZTP-ZDA-HK
also 2012 Odyssey.

Past cars: Civic, Mazda6, Accord coupe, Accord Sedan.
BMW CCA Member
Old 03-25-2013, 09:58 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 ML350 & 2013 328ix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derwin View Post
Current incentives end this month, and sales are overall up 50 bps (http://www.bimmerfest.com/news/67939...february-2013/). Digging in to the numbers however, that is almost all 6-series and X5s - elsewhere they are down YTD and for the most recent month (including the 3-series: -20% and 14% respectively).

I have not watched BMW long enough to know what this will mean for next month's factory incentives, but for those of us close to purchasing a vehicle, it could mean the difference of $500 or more, in either direction, should we choose to wait another week.

I wanted to see if anyone had any intuition about how the next round of factory incentives will look come 4/1/2013.
Given 3 series drop YOY (Feb12/Feb13) and horrible weather in US markets during March as well (northern states covered in snow coast to coast), I suspect the March numbers will be down as well for the leading series seller. If that is the case, and with Audi/MB either holding steady to up for the A4/C300 (heard from both dealers as I was shopping that sales were very strong and up YOY for February), I expect BMW to get super aggressive in April as they cannot go 3 months in a row of being outsold by Audi/MB. If you look at Audi, most dealers where at $500-$800 below invoice due to incentives ($1k if you were a current MB/BMW/Lexus/Acura/Caddy owner; note, you didn't need to trade that vehicle in, it just had to be registered at your address) as a starting point plus had more attractive financing (1.9%). BMW has a choice - get aggressive or risk losing greater US market share to Audi/MB.

If I had to guess..... 1.9% financing, $1k-$1.5k other discount (either financing through BMWFS or Customer Acquisition Incentive), plus I see the loyalty discount going up to $1k (you don't want to lose a loyal customer - you spent countless dollars trying to get them).
Old 03-25-2013, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmeyers99 View Post
Given 3 series drop YOY (Feb12/Feb13) and horrible weather in US markets during March as well (northern states covered in snow coast to coast), I suspect the March numbers will be down as well for the leading series seller. If that is the case, and with Audi/MB either holding steady to up for the A4/C300 (heard from both dealers as I was shopping that sales were very strong and up YOY for February), I expect BMW to get super aggressive in April as they cannot go 3 months in a row of being outsold by Audi/MB. If you look at Audi, most dealers where at $500-$800 below invoice due to incentives ($1k if you were a current MB/BMW/Lexus/Acura/Caddy owner; note, you didn't need to trade that vehicle in, it just had to be registered at your address) as a starting point plus had more attractive financing (1.9%). BMW has a choice - get aggressive or risk losing greater US market share to Audi/MB.

If I had to guess..... 1.9% financing, $1k-$1.5k other discount (either financing through BMWFS or Customer Acquisition Incentive), plus I see the loyalty discount going up to $1k (you don't want to lose a loyal customer - you spent countless dollars trying to get them).
Aren't you just optimistic :P ... Based on Jon's information I'd have to say you are wrong, atleast for April.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kromix View Post
Aren't you just optimistic :P ... Based on Jon's information I'd have to say you are wrong, atleast for April.
To be clear, I was taking 3 series only and time will tell. Just like the stock market, some foresee the future and take preventive maintenance, others wait then scramble to try and cover losses as they waited to long. All I know is a 1 month blip is nothing to worry about. 2 months down you have a trend . Do you risk 3 months in a row (technically 4 by holding pat)? If so, have you then created bad press for yourself and good PR for your competitors. By February #'s alone, you are down 20% YOY on your bread and butter car. Yes, 6-series is up, but it's 700 units vs. 15k units in the 3. Do people who see this info (and you can bet Audi/MB will use it) think maybe BMW isn't what it once was? What do others know that they don't? Do they now give a look to Audi/MB (both build quality options) who are more aggressive in acquiring customers when you are, at best, generic? Bottom line, if I had 2 months of solid data, and the trend was bad for the 3rd (which it is, look at current inventory levels), I would not want to be the person who let it go for three months without acting. To be clear, there is a fine line between panic and being smart, but being smug and taking the ostrich stand ( head in the sand, everything is fine) never creates a winning GTM strategy. BMW has a choice, be a industry leader or (slow) follower and as the classic t-shirt once displayed... "The scenery never changes unless you are the lead dog." All that said... you are probably right, status quo... maybe somebody from BMW will read this and wake up; reviews weren't what they once were (still a great car though), price point for similarly equipped car is $3.5k more that Audi, $1.5k more than MB and both those cars are getting more favorable reviews (generally speaking) in areas past BMW owners wanted (performance & handling); luxury wise, BMW has the edge.

Just a POV and we'll have our answer in a week.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:33 AM

Quote:
To be clear, I was taking 3 series only and time will tell. Just like the stock market, some foresee the future and take preventive maintenance, others wait then scramble to try and cover losses as they waited to long. All I know is a 1 month blip is nothing to worry about. 2 months down you have a trend . Do you risk 3 months in a row (technically 4 by holding pat)? If so, have you then created bad press for yourself and good PR for your competitors. By February #'s alone, you are down 20% YOY on your bread and butter car. Yes, 6-series is up, but it's 700 units vs. 15k units in the 3. Do people who see this info (and you can bet Audi/MB will use it) think maybe BMW isn't what it once was? What do others know that they don't? Do they now give a look to Audi/MB (both build quality options) who are more aggressive in acquiring customers when you are, at best, generic? Bottom line, if I had 2 months of solid data, and the trend was bad for the 3rd (which it is, look at current inventory levels), I would not want to be the person who let it go for three months without acting. To be clear, there is a fine line between panic and being smart, but being smug and taking the ostrich stand ( head in the sand, everything is fine) never creates a winning GTM strategy. BMW has a choice, be a industry leader or (slow) follower and as the classic t-shirt once displayed... "The scenery never changes unless you are the lead dog." All that said... you are probably right, status quo... maybe somebody from BMW will read this and wake up; reviews weren't what they once were (still a great car though), price point for similarly equipped car is $3.5k more that Audi, $1.5k more than MB and both those cars are getting more favorable reviews (generally speaking) in areas past BMW owners wanted (performance & handling); luxury wise, BMW has the edge.

Just a POV and we'll have our answer in a week.

Yea we'll see, let's convene in this thread again next week

The reason why i say that is because Jon's post was speciically towards 3er's and 5er's.

Last edited by kromix; 03-25-2013 at 10:40 AM.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:36 AM

Mein Auto: G37x
Since I left a 500 deposit on the car and it is on order would that mean I'm locked into the March rate for 60 days?

I noticed this on the bottom of the page from the dealer * Agreement terms must be finalized with submitted credit application by March 31, 2013

My car will not be here for a few weeks as it is being built. Ordered it mid March. I know the local dealer RAN my credit so far.

Last edited by Wiggum; 03-25-2013 at 10:39 AM.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggum View Post
Since I left a 500 deposit on the car and it is on order would that mean I'm locked into the March rate for 60 days?

I noticed this on the bottom of the page from the dealer * Agreement terms must be finalized with submitted credit application by March 31, 2013
Yes, they will honor the current incentives if the new one (if there are any) is not as favorable. If a new incentive is more favorable, you can lock into that one. Net/net, you can gain, but will not lose.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:10 PM
Brakes?!?!?!

Mein Auto: 335i, Outback, '62 Vette
Quote:
Yes, they will honor the current incentives if the new one (if there are any) is not as favorable. If a new incentive is more favorable, you can lock into that one. Net/net, you can gain, but will not lose.
This is what my local dealer has told me, too.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:00 AM
///Monkeyazz Duck

Mein Auto: 535i M Sport; 328i Wagon
You have to SUBMIT a credit app to lock in the current incentives. "The dealer ran my credit" may or may not be the same thing. Note that a credit app submitted at a particular dealership is only good for that dealership - it is not transferable.

After more than a decade of leasing BMW's, I know that there is ALWAYS an incentive program going on - if not this month, then next month. While that doesn't mean the particular model you want will be "on sale", the odds are very high that there will be a new program that gets you into the same car at almost the exact same price. Historically, BMW has done a summer promotion: "Ultimate Drive", "Drive for Team USA" or the like. It is hugely successful, and I would be amazed if they didn't repeat it this year.

I have the utmost respect for Jon. But remember that he has a vested interest in moving cars THIS month, and he will inevitably have some clients who don't do their rate lock and are upset with him if next month's programs aren't quite as attractive.

Current BMW's:
2014 535i MSport Space / Black, ZCW, ZDA, ZLP, ZLS, ZPP, H-K and 704
2014 328i Sport Wagon, Glacier / Black, ZSL, ZD2, ZD3, ZDH, ZLP, ZPP, ZTP, and H-K

Prior BMW's
2011 535ix MSport
2011 X5 35D
2008 ///M3 Vert
2008 X5 3.0
2007 X5 3.0
2006 X5 3.0
2006 550iA SP
2003 540iA M-Technic
Old 04-01-2013, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kromix View Post
Yea we'll see, let's convene in this thread again next week

The reason why i say that is because Jon's post was speciically towards 3er's and 5er's.
Checked the BMW USA website, nothing posted yet...

EDIT - Current incentives END 4/1, so I guess it is tomorrow.

Last edited by danmeyers99; 04-01-2013 at 10:42 AM.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Checked the BMW USA website, nothing posted yet...

EDIT - Current incentives END 4/1, so I guess it is tomorrow.
Looks like the $1k finance offer is gone but rate dropped by .09 to 3.1%. Loyalty stayed the same as did the USAA which runs through 6/30 anyway.

March numbers must have picked up.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:21 PM

Mein Auto: bmw
Quote:
Looks like the $1k finance offer is gone but rate dropped by .09 to 3.1%. Loyalty stayed the same as did the USAA which runs through 6/30 anyway.

March numbers must have picked up.
Please let me know where you found this info and thanks for posting.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:34 PM
IntarWeb Stalker

Mein Auto: 2013 335xi M-Sport
Confirmed that I am in and locked. Though the e-mail sounded more like being married like "you are in, but you can't get out with your balls attached". Pretty sure the Roommate (TM) said that to me once.

Because I can.
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwinter View Post
I agree with furby
Quote:
Originally Posted by guerilla twang View Post
Hahahaha, I like you furb, you like to live dangerously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorCook View Post
I started to google to find a picture to match furby's suggestion to Gia, but it quickly became clear it was an inappropriate search to conduct at work.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendavis View Post
Please let me know where you found this info and thanks for posting.
BMWUSA.com - click on Financial Services, then Financial offer - it is broken out by model and lease/finance
Old 04-02-2013, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by furby076 View Post
Confirmed that I am in and locked. Though the e-mail sounded more like being married like "you are in, but you can't get out with your balls attached". Pretty sure the Roommate (TM) said that to me once.