Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F36 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F36 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 03-31-2013, 08:21 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '11 E90 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter View Post
Your tirade against the dealer for your own f*ck-up is a embarrassment - just like you are!

Someone Sounds mad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
it;s like 30 dollars a month, and most people are trying to lease cheap. 90% of he 328s on my dealers lot dont have xenon. and he has about 50 3series on the lot

It's not 30/mo to add Xenon's to a Lease, 30x36 = $1080, thats more than the entire package. Residualized it's more like 60% of $840 (invoice) = 504 ... 840-504 = $336 / 36 = $9.33/mo + interest/tax

Last edited by kromix; 03-31-2013 at 08:23 PM.
Old 03-31-2013, 09:40 PM

Mein Auto: 335i, X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieXDriver View Post
But I don't think it's fair to expect both.
I think salespeople should tailor their service to the customer, and the only way to do that is to ask and get feedback. Some people may act cocky but really don't know anything. Some may know a lot but choose not to show it. Even if a CA thinks the client knows everything, it's his job to make sure, not just assume and be scared or "too busy" to ask.

I agree, if the CA simply reviewed the build and said "Hmm, no lighting package? Did you know that's one of the most important options, according to BMW owners?"

Bam, two sentences, and this whole fiasco never happens. And if the client responds with "Man this is my fifth BMW and I spend every waking moment on bimmerfest", then the CA can back off
Old 03-31-2013, 10:04 PM

Mein Auto: 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebiggerstaff View Post
This is a pretty clear case of a bad business decision by the dealership. When the OP decided to cancel his order, the dealership had two options:

1) Keep $500 deposit as damages for canceling order, sell no car to the OP. Total value to dealership = $500
2) Apply $500 deposit to replacement order at the same terms. Total value to dealership = Original Profit - $500

The second option dominates the first as long as the profit of the negotiated terms was greater than $500. As a dealership, the future loss on the first car is independent from this decision because the loss is going to occur under both scenarios. This analysis does not apply any value to the negative goodwill resulting from this thread or any future profits from selling additional vehicles to the OP.
Are you an economist by any chance? I think this is the most intelligent analysis of the situation that anyone has presented thus far. Well done sir. You are precisely right - the future loss on the first car is irrelevant to the discussion, since that will happen regardless.

And I would propose, given the length and number of reads on this thread, that the negative goodwill is considerable in this case!
Old 04-01-2013, 06:13 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 328xi Sport line
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter View Post
No, you goofed on life! Although it's not a popular notion with people these days, you are responsible for your own actions! No body else. You screwed up your order...you are the culpable party. Your tirade against the dealer for your own f*ck-up is a embarrassment - just like you are!
Thank you sir for your enlightened contribution to this discussion.

goofed on life? have you been talking to my Ex?
culpable? freely admitted my contribution to this mess from the very beginning
tirade? not from me, check the posts
expletive? now is that really called for?
embarrassment? sorry you feel that way, but everyone has a right to their own opinion I guess

Last edited by terryn; 04-01-2013 at 06:25 AM.
Old 04-01-2013, 06:40 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 ML350 & 2013 328ix
Quote:
Originally Posted by terryn View Post

embarrassment? sorry you feel that way, but everyone has a right to their own opinion I guess
T - ignore the haters . Had he read the whole thread he would have seen:
1.) Yup, you owned up to your portion of this
2.) The dealer handled this poorly and for that they got killed - it was not what they did, rather how they handled/communicated.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:14 AM
I probably dislike you...

Mein Auto: 2013 328i Sport
Quote:

Just let us know if you actually get the money back. Ignore the tools who can't be bothered to read the thread.
2002 325xi (Retired, very much missed)
Old 04-01-2013, 07:37 AM

Mein Auto: '14 435i & '03 S2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermax View Post
I think salespeople should tailor their service to the customer, and the only way to do that is to ask and get feedback. Some people may act cocky but really don't know anything. Some may know a lot but choose not to show it. Even if a CA thinks the client knows everything, it's his job to make sure, not just assume and be scared or "too busy" to ask.

I agree, if the CA simply reviewed the build and said "Hmm, no lighting package? Did you know that's one of the most important options, according to BMW owners?"

Bam, two sentences, and this whole fiasco never happens. And if the client responds with "Man this is my fifth BMW and I spend every waking moment on bimmerfest", then the CA can back off
You were not there. The OP and the CA were. The OP may have told the CA that he didn't want to go over a certain $$$ amount. The CA, being respectful, wouldn't push more expensive options. There are other ways things may have happened. Only the OP and CA know the exact events. I do know that if I tell a sales representative what I want and then they start trying to peddle more options on me, it irritates me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by he46570 View Post
Are you an economist by any chance? I think this is the most intelligent analysis of the situation that anyone has presented thus far. Well done sir. You are precisely right - the future loss on the first car is irrelevant to the discussion, since that will happen regardless.

And I would propose, given the length and number of reads on this thread, that the negative goodwill is considerable in this case!
This analysis left off one of the most important factors. It's the profit (or loss) difference between what will be made on this car versus what would have been made on a typically configured car.

I do agree that badwill was created. With the internet it is possible for anyone, right or wrong, to go online and complain about a business. If the business fails to respond, then most readers will assume the events depicted are true. If they do respond, then many will view them as attacking the customer. Either way, badwill is created. It's a lose-lose proposition for businesses.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bret_T View Post
I do agree that badwill was created. With the internet it is possible for anyone, right or wrong, to go online and complain about a business. If the business fails to respond, then most readers will assume the events depicted are true. If they do respond, then many will view them as attacking the customer. Either way, badwill is created. It's a lose-lose proposition for businesses.
Wait wait wait, what about the third option were the business sucks it up, realized mistakes were made by both parties, apologizes, and wins back as much good will as possible. How is it lose/lose?

Ego has no place in a for profit business.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:05 AM

Quote:
You were not there. The OP and the CA were. The OP may have told the CA that he didn't want to go over a certain $$$ amount. The CA, being respectful, wouldn't push more expensive options. There are other ways things may have happened. Only the OP and CA know the exact events. I do know that if I tell a sales representative what I want and then they start trying to peddle more options on me, it irritates me.

Headlights were not discussed during the initial sale, by either me or the CA. This whole thing makes no sense.

1. I drive an A4 where I usually put on the fogs because the headlights don't seem bright enough. Why I didn't check out that option and notice the car had halogens is really odd.

2. The fact that I even need to worry about whether Xenons were on the car is really odd. It escapes me why Xenons are not standard equipment on BMWs.

3. BMW offers so many options on their cars, it would be wise for the CA to go over the checklist of choices on an order, as others have noted. The buyer still has responsibility of course, but so does the seller since they make the purchase relatively complex.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:54 AM
IntarWeb Stalker

Mein Auto: 2013 335xi M-Sport
Quote:
Wow, can't believe how crazy this thread got.

The one thing that stood out for me is how the OP was basically coerced into complaining more by the forum. He started off with complete acceptance of his error and the understanding that it was his mistake....but eventually everybody convinced him that the dealership was 100% at fault. It was interesting to see his statements change from (I'm paraphrasing) "I won't be disputing the charge with my credit card company because it's not morally or ethically right" to "I am definitely going dispute the charge".
That is absolutely not what happened. Everyone agreed the OP made an ordering mistake, but BMW of Morristown made a bigger mistake in how they handled the situation.

Quote:
It's like the forum completely changed his stance...from passive to aggressive. This is the power of an organized group of people, I guess. Interesting.
Many studies show that the mob can change an individuals mind, where the individual will completely ignore reality if everyone else in the mob does. The thing is, the individual will actually doubt themselves. THere was an experiment. Draw two vertical lines. One was clearly larger then the other (three times larger). Have the entire group, minus the person being experimented on (who does not know this is the experiment) state the smaller line is actually the same size as the larger. By the time it got to the person being tested on, they said it was the same size. When questioned later, the overall reason was the person being tested thought they were wrong (e.g., bad eye sight, bad angle to the chalk board, they were confused). Also things like "i thought they were wrong, but i was outnumbered, so maybe i am wrong".

We never told the OP he was right, just that BMW was wrong.

Quote:
Then again, could they? What if every single person that cancels an order automatically expects to get back their non-refundable deposit? What if every person like this complains on a public forum like the OP did? Is every BMW dealership expected to just eat the $500 every single time? And if they don't, they're a bad business? What is the point of deposits in that case?
Options
1) Refund and do nothing
2) Don't refund and follow-up with second order
3) Refund and do nothing
4) Refund and follow-up with second order
5) Don't refund, apply deposit towards second order

THey opted for option 1 which makes poor financial sense and bad PR. Option 5 would have been great. They ccould have kept the deposit and made a second, bigger order

Quote:
Yeah I didn't word that correctly. They're actually "eating" $45k, if they can't sell the car.
Which as many have said before, they would sell it, and they obviously did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWofMorristown View Post
It is with great pleasure that I can announce a resolution to this unfortunate incident. As we have promised on this forum earlier, if we sold the BMW in question, we would refund the original posterís deposit. We have now been able to make a deal on the vehicle, albeit at a price thousands lower than what was even offered on this site.
Respectfully,
David Abbe
973 796 3066
david.abbe@oprenroad.com
Prior to tax, fees, and discounts such as BMW factory, BMW loyalty, friends/family - how much did you sell this below invoice? Please include money down, money factor/interest, and all the other fun baked in fees. Did you really sell it at a loss? If you did you have an argument, if you didn't then the above is just a red herring to make you look better.

Quote:

I think even the OP didn't expect this thread to go so far. If he never posted on here and never got all this positive feedback, maybe he would have just accepted his fault, eaten the $500, and even done business with the dealership in the future. But because of this thread, he will now hate that place for life and tell all his friends. Ah, the power of the internets
In a world of marginal costs, service is where you can ensure you retain business. BMW of Morristown has TONS of competition and they can all sell at the same price - so how do you differentiate your shop vs your competitors? Be nice

Because I can.
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwinter View Post
I agree with furby
Quote:
Originally Posted by guerilla twang View Post
Hahahaha, I like you furb, you like to live dangerously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorCook View Post
I started to google to find a picture to match furby's suggestion to Gia, but it quickly became clear it was an inappropriate search to conduct at work.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samualcc View Post
How is it lose/lose?
It's lose-lose when it comes to responding on an internet forum. I'm not saying that overall it has to turn out bad.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:43 AM

Quote:
It's lose-lose when it comes to responding on an internet forum. I'm not saying that overall it has to turn out bad.
It is absolutely 100% not lose/lose when responding to an internet forum. This is just another form of social media. Some companies get it, others don't. The CA who posted that first awful communication clearly doesn't have the first clue about how to confront something like this. Nor did the manager who posted the followup.

Look I will give you an example:

"Hello Bimmerfest. I wanted to take just a quick moment to update everyone about the situations surrounding terryn's order and deposit. I want to thank everyone for contributing to this thread and we here at BMW of Morristown understand the love of BMWs which exists on this forum. We are here to serve all our potential customers, past, present, and future.

With regards to terryn's deposit and order, we spoke with terryn over the phone and have come to an agreement which should resolve this to all parties satisfaction. I will leave it to terryn as to whether he wishes to disclose our conversation as that is not my place, but I believe that some of the more vocal and long time forum members would be pleased.

Finally I would like to say thank you for the continued support of this forum. While I don't respond often, I am regularly checking these forums for feedback and information about what BMW customers care about most, and how we can help get everyone into the car of their dreams"

There. It sounds gross to say and to type but that is called falling on the god damn sword. It is what you do when you aren't a complete bunch of D bags, and want to be a profitable business. Of course this whole thing is predicated on them simply coming to the right conclusion from a customer perspective. Effectively they still held his deposit hostage and still came off as ego bound fools.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:08 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 E92 335i MT
I guess the spectacularity of the explosion caused a lot of people to have a look at it or even participate somehow. Explosions of this kind are usually caused when infinite force meets immovable object. By their definition, the event is a huge lose-lose proposition (neither can "win" as they are defined) and I'm not happy to have quite an intimate understanding of the process. In another industry with completely different players, of course.

Infinite force in this case seems to be the truly endemic (limited and circumspect to the fauna of the United States only) behavioral tick that demands no responsibility from anyone as long as the "damage" was caused solely by ignorance, incompetence, bad judgement or stupidity (NOT calling OP that) without premeditation AND they are the customer in the observed process.

Immovable object in this case seems to be the position, equally endemic to United States, by all actors in the marketplace that businesses are in the business of making money and that THAT is somehow perfectly acceptable. Just how much is that perfectly acceptable you can see when you compare a business that is in business of making money (Cadillac/GM) with a business that is in business of making cars (BMW, Audi, MB, Jaguar ...).

Needless to say, I cannot see a point of standing/siding on neither side since they are both so horribly wrong. I just wish we can make them just STRONG force and STURDILY fixed object in the near future. If for nothing else then for my liver and general health. Yea, I'm that altruistic.

2011 E92 335i 6MT ZSP ZCW (ED May 17th 2010)

2013 118d BMWNA Special Edition. Black on black cloth (yay!), 5 door hatchback, 140hp diesel. Special edition items: factory debadge| "VW", "Golf" and "TDI" badges factory applied | MT | Standard go flat tires | Spare tire (yay!) | No moonroof (yay!) .
Old 04-01-2013, 12:39 PM

samualcc, sounds well and good except that your response as written has one major problem. It requires the dealership to absolutely satisfy the OP. In this case that would be order another car and take a loss on the one that's already in production. If I owned a dealership, I wouldn't be very inclined to make a contract with someone who broke a previous one and left me with what is likely to be loss (versus the car that I could have had built in that slot). Sometimes things are just not going to work out between a dealership and a customer because the customer's expectations are not in the interest of the dealership. If the dealership does nothing wrong and comes on an internet forum and attempts to defend their position, there will be plenty who trash them. I honestly found nothing wrong with the responses from the dealership. As a matter of fact, I actually appreciate what was written because it didn't sound like a bunch of vacuous marketing drivel.

Overall this thread is to my benefit because I'm going to be extremely careful when ordering my BMW, assuming that I can reach an agreement with a dealership. When I purchased my Honda S2000 the process was very easy because the only option was the color. For my next car, I debated between ordering a BMW 335 or a Subaru WRX. I eventually went with the WRX mostly because the BMW I wanted wasn't on the lot and they wanted more (versus one on the lot) to order it for me. It seems to me like the process is much more formalized and well managed now. I'm optimistic that I'll be able to reach an agreement with a dealership. Once thing's for sure. I'm going over everything with the dealership and here before I sign a contract.
Old 04-01-2013, 01:54 PM
Liked when BMW was in F1

Mein Auto: 2013 AH3 Lux Line
Bret_T, for me the issue is that the dealership didn't clearly take a clear route.

If they didn't trust the OP anymore (which I could understand), then they shouldn't even have entetained the idea of re-ordering a second car at MSRP. I would have understood a response to this effect.
Having decided not to do business with him anymore they should then have decided: either return the desposit or not, but to keep it until the car was sold was again a solution that wasn't here nor there. IF they were going to return it in the end, why not do it immediately and put the issue to rest. If they didn't want to give it back (which it seems they could have been entitled to), the they should just have kept it in order to offset the unrealized margin caused by the "heavily' (according to them) discounted sale.

Choose one path, communicate it clearly and move on. This is the part they didn't manage correctly (IMO).
About their post, you don't need to fill them with a lot of marketable mumbo jumbo, but they could have, should have stuck to the facts and remove the emmotional aspect of this.

In customer service, people will always remember the one time you messed up a lot more clearly than the 1000 times you did everything perfect.

Current car: BMW AH3 2013 - Black Sapphire-Saddle brown-ZLL-ZPP-ZTP-ZDA-HK
also 2012 Odyssey.

Past cars: Civic, Mazda6, Accord coupe, Accord Sedan.
BMW CCA Member
Old 04-01-2013, 04:19 PM
Flying monkey herder

Mein Auto: Daihatsu Terrios
Quote:
yeah, but the lighting package isnt that popular outside of the forums. i would say 95% of the 32xs i see on the street, and here in nyc they are like camrys, have halogen lights. most of the 3er's i see (E90 and now F30) dont have xenons unless they are the model that comes with them standard. most people honestly dont know/dont care.
Past: 2010 335xi ZMP/ZCW/ZPP/PPK/PE
Present: 2013 335i 6MT ZMM/ZDH/ZTP/3AG/494/508
Current Homeland Threat Level:
Old 04-01-2013, 04:47 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 328 i xdrive
i agree most pp don't know that most 328 models don't come with xenon lights, but once they make that mistake and don't get the lighting package is when they are kicking them self in the ass
Old 04-01-2013, 04:47 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 335i Sport Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orient330iNYC View Post
yeah, but the lighting package isnt that popular outside of the forums. i would say 95% of the 32xs i see on the street, and here in nyc they are like camrys, have halogen lights. most of the 3er's i see (E90 and now F30) dont have xenons unless they are the model that comes with them standard. most people honestly dont know/dont care.
That is true. Most of the cars on the lots are 328s without xenons, and most people buy directly off the lot, and my guess is that most of them don't spend any time on any of the BMW forums. Also, I hate to generalize, but my guess is that those buyers aren't nearly as informed as the people on this forum.

It's not just xenons either. It's all the other stuff too: HK, DHP, 8 speed sport Transmission, etc...

Plus, my dealer usually only sells 335s that are special ordered. They very rarely have a 335 on the lot.
Old 04-02-2013, 05:49 AM

Send a message via AIM to vern
Mein Auto: 01 330ci 05 530i 06 X3
One thing I have to say is Morristown BMW didn't benefit from the mistakes they made in their responses in this thread 13,000+ views and Pissed off at Morristown BMW thread 13,000+ views and they never will.
cheers
vern
2012 335iA Blk. Sapphire- Sport-Blk. Dakota Leather/Red-Brushed Alum.Trim-DAP-PP-CWP Rear View Camera-BMW Asst w/Enhanced BT&USB-High Gloss Blk.Trim Hghight-PSP-Speed Limit Info-Tech. Pkg-PDC-Rear Manual Sun Shades-SAT-Variable Sport Steering-Wheel Locks- Rubber Mats-Euro Del 5/14/12-Redelivery 7/16/12 2006 X3 3.0iA 4/6 Silver Gray Metallic-Black Leather-Nav-PP-SP-Xenon Headlights-PDC-Heated Front Seats-Privacy Glass-Servotronic Steering-Premium Sound System-R R R- Wheel Locks- Rubber Mats
Old 04-02-2013, 08:37 AM
IntarWeb Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orient330iNYC View Post
This is a losing argument on this forum. Most people on this forum (and similar forums) can't comprehend that our tastes vary from the average owner. All a person has to do is look at the poll someone threw up recently about which line does on prefer. On this forum M-SPort was the CLEAR winner, however, how many M-Sports do we find on dealer lot? The last time I was on a lot (about a month ago) they had one 335 msport. The other dealer lot had ZERO. This is out of many cars.

What we find valuable and MUST HAVES are not the same as what the general public. Many people look at the TV advertisement where they say you can lease a 3 series BMW for $346. Guess what, those are stripped down, bare bones and people get them.

Anyhow, a losing argument. In about 5 posts we will be back to "ZOMG, the car is unsellable because it doesn't have xenons which are must haves for anyone with a heartbeat"

Because I can.
-
Quote:
I agree with furby
Quote:
Quote:
I started to google to find a picture to match furby's suggestion to Gia, but it quickly became clear it was an inappropriate search to conduct at work.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:57 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW 335i M Sport RWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by furby076 View Post
This is a losing argument on this forum. Most people on this forum (and similar forums) can't comprehend that our tastes vary from the average owner.
Absolutely true. Forums are generally for enthusiasts. Take a look at camera forums. Does your camera match up? Look at watch forums. What (if anything) do you have on your wrist? Clothing forums (they exist). What are you wearing today?

Anyone who would take time from their day to talk with a bunch of other people about some narrow interest are by definition enthusiasts who are a small slice of the gen pop. My colleagues at work couldn't care less about adaptive suspension or M Performance brake kits.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:21 AM

Refund received

My deposit was refunded by the dealer yesterday. I think we can close the book on this saga. I found that ordering a BMW is a difficult process, probably more complex than with most other cars. It sure was more so than my last Audi order. My lesson from this is that patience is required. Never pull the trigger right away. Go home, think about it, post on this forum, ask questions. Even if you don't agree with all the advice, it will still help to make sure you have considered everything. Then think about it some more before ordering. Make sure to discuss everything with your CA. If it doesn't feel like you are receiving knowledgeable advice go somewhere else and try again.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:35 AM
IntarWeb Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieXDriver View Post
Absolutely true. Forums are generally for enthusiasts. Take a look at camera forums. Does your camera match up? Look at watch forums. What (if anything) do you have on your wrist? Clothing forums (they exist). What are you wearing today?

Anyone who would take time from their day to talk with a bunch of other people about some narrow interest are by definition enthusiasts who are a small slice of the gen pop. My colleagues at work couldn't care less about adaptive suspension or M Performance brake kits.
Bostonian Shoes (walked to work in my Nike sneakers)
Express MX1 - light purple button down dress shirt
Express Pants
Express Belt
Hanes Underwear
Some brand of dress socks
Fruit of the Loom under t-shirt

At home I have a nice watch that I wear so infrequently that I cannot remember the name. It was a gift, an expensive gift (i think $800). But yea, with cell phones who needs a watch

Quote:
My deposit was refunded by the dealer yesterday. I think we can close the book on this saga. I found that ordering a BMW is a difficult process, probably more complex than with most other cars. It sure was more so than my last Audi order. My lesson from this is that patience is required. Never pull the trigger right away. Go home, think about it, post on this forum, ask questions. Even if you don't agree with all the advice, it will still help to make sure you have considered everything. Then think about it some more before ordering. Make sure to discuss everything with your CA. If it doesn't feel like you are receiving knowledgeable advice go somewhere else and try again.
Grats man! Now tell us about the new ride. When you getting it? What is the price (pre-tax/tags/fees). What are the options

As for closing the saga...this thread has a life all of it's own. It may stay open for a while

Because I can.
-
Quote:
I agree with furby
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-04-2013, 07:56 AM
Beemin' in my Bimmer ;-)

Mein Auto: F30 335i MSpt- Mus GT 5.0
terryn, glad to hear that it all worked out well for you in the end. It's too bad the dealer didn't handle your deposit "the right way" to begin with, or at least follow up their mistake by using the "samualcc method" posted above. Best wishes with your new bimmer when she arrives. Many happy miles to you.

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. Will Rogers

2013 335i M Sport- EBII / BLACK / Dk Walnut
Pkgs-Prem/ DHP/ Tech/ DA/DA+ Opts- 8Sprt AT/ Htd FS/ HK/ Hi Bm Asst/ 403 19" w/perf

ED#2-04/23/13-
Photos:
https://picasaweb.google.com/mdsbuc/...eat=directlink
ED#1-10/10/05-
Photos:
https://picasaweb.google.com/mdsbuc/...eat=directlink
Old 04-04-2013, 08:04 AM

Here's the basic order. I'm traveling this week and can give you the financial details next week. I got it for a little less than $500 over invoice. It's not out of production status yet. May delivery sometime I think. It's considerably better equipped than my first order. After all the crap the first time around I decided to spend right up to my budget limit and get everything I wanted. The only risk I think I am taking on this order is the AT. In my test drives I thought I would be happy with it, especially with the sport auto option. I know there are strong opinions on this forum about transmissions. Really only extended drive time in the car will tell me if I made the right decision. But in the event that I decide I want to return eventually to the MT fold the car is loaded with enough goodies that I won't mind the wait.

328i xDrive in Alpine White
Sport Line
Black Leather interior
Gloss black trim with that red stripe you either love or hate
Premium Package
Dynamic Handling Package
Sport Auto Trans with paddles
HK Stereo
Lighting Package
Technology Package
Heated front seats