Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > F10 M5 (2012 - Current)

F10 M5 (2012 - Current)
The count down is on. The BMW M5 F10 will be released on April 1st, 2011!

Old 03-22-2013, 08:50 AM
Administrator

Mein Auto: Ti Silver 03 M3
What does the F10 M5 Needs? Turner says 'some exhaust noise to with all this power'!

"The F10 M5 is clearly one of the fastest, best performing BMWs ever made. It's deceivingly fast - the first thing this car needs is some exhaust noise to go with all this power" Will Turner

This is how projects start at Turner Motorsport. Race car driver and all around car nut Will Turner drives the latest BMW to enter the Turner Motorsport collection and with a casual statement sets off the development of an epic product.

Turner F10 M5 Race Inspired Axle-Back Exhaust

Enter the race inspired F10 M5 exhaust. As the picture shows, this is not so much an exhaust as an exhaust delete. TMS removes the rear factory muffler boxes and replaces them with 304 stainless steel tube in the same factory pipe size and caps them with rear bumper filling 4" exhausts tips; they are also made of 304 stainless steel.

Turner describes the design process of the exhaust -
That the M5 is so quiet is surprising given the lack of resonators and mufflers in the exhaust system. A look at the stock exhaust reveals a very open system. From the back of the turbos to the tailpipes there is only: small catalytic converters, a pair of moderately-sized resonators, and a pair of small mufflers. Any increase in volume would have to come from removing the factory mufflers. Muffler delete modifications are a recent trend in the BMW market. They offer a way of getting more volume from an exhaust, a modest power gain, and a nice weight savings. It's been very common with V8 E39 M5 owners. So with our Frozen Grey M5's mufflers barely a few months old we took a saw to them and set about developing a highly crafted axle-back exhaust kit.

Read more about the Turner F10 M5 Race Inspired Exhaust

From the start the engineers knew the finished product had to be worthy of a 100K+ car. Cutting out the factory exhaust can be seen as an easy and cheap modification. The quality and finishing touches of this exhaust set it apart from a muffler shop hack job.

BMW F10 M5 exhaust tips

On Turner Motorsport's DynoJet the exhaust showed a 14 HP and 19 ft-lb improvement so their is power to go along with the sweet new sounds making this a true performance upgrade for your M5. And with only 500 HP and 560 ft-lbs stock, who doesn't need more power?

Last edited by pix335i; 03-22-2013 at 09:16 AM.
Ads by Google
Old 03-25-2013, 02:08 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Tampa
Wish they made tips that did not say Turner on them... or I would purchase one...
2013 BMW M5 (Sold)
2011 BMW X5 5.0 M Sport (Sold)
2011 BMW 335I Convertible (Sold)
2011 BMW 750Li M Sport (Sold)
2012 BMW Z4 35is (Sold)
Old 04-04-2013, 05:30 AM

Mein Auto: 03 BMW 320D State
Dont like the sound.... Like the sound of the stock one better..! too much cabin drone!
Old 04-04-2013, 08:14 AM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mein Auto: looks better than yours!
Sounds Great!
2008 Smart
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited