Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest 2014 > Previous Events > 2004 Events > Santa Barbara, CA - May 1

Santa Barbara, CA - May 1

Old 05-03-2004, 11:12 PM
Monsoon 330Ci

Mein Auto: BMW 520iA... for now
Eugene gang reporting in

We made it home today and without tickets. 2200 miles total trip in 5 days, ton of fun. Will post pictures in a day or two.

Thanks a lot for the very fun event!!! It was great meeting lots of Bimmer-nuts. I hoped to meet more of you guys in person, but with such a huge crowd, I could barely find anyone.

And on top of that, Kaz took off right when I was walking towards his car. Well, at least I saw your car up close from the earlier "walk-by".

Was great to shake hands with the Man himself - Jon Shafer! Great meeting you!

Scott! You're made my day. The car is insane and thank you very much for letting us sit in it. I'm still blown away. I wish you guys can make it up to PIR one day. Great meeting you!

Ty, missed you on the giant lot. Wanted to hang out a bit, but, darn it. Still glad to have seen you! Hope you guys made it back OK. I snapped a picture of 4 Dakar's parked together - nice touch.

Thanks to Bimmerfest team and everyone involved for setting up such a great event!!!
Old 05-03-2004, 11:28 PM
King of Rear Clunks

Mein Auto: 01 325iT, 88 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akakubi

And on top of that, Kaz took off right when I was walking towards his car. Well, at least I saw your car up close from the earlier "walk-by".
Huh? Hmm, that musta been when I moved the car out to the lot to get it de-dented by Rick the Master.

But on the way back (I think it was 6:20PM or so) I think I saw you pull off the 101 in Thousand Oaks. At first, I didn't think anything of it, then a few seconds later I realized there's someone from Oregon with a Topaz coupe who'd have 'Monsoon Auto' stickers on the car...
Old 05-03-2004, 11:40 PM
Monsoon 330Ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaz
Huh? Hmm, that musta been when I moved the car out to the lot to get it de-dented by Rick the Master.

But on the way back (I think it was 6:20PM or so) I think I saw you pull off the 101 in Thousand Oaks. At first, I didn't think anything of it, then a few seconds later I realized there's someone from Oregon with a Topaz coupe who'd have 'Monsoon Auto' stickers on the car...
Yep, we stopped by for a smoke on the way to Calabasas. I really liked the tail lights you coated. That red looks totally natural, can't tell. Have you refinished them after the original coat?

And what happened to your gorgeous Alpina wheels, why selling only two?
Old 05-03-2004, 11:51 PM
Admin Owner Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder

Mein Auto: E92 M3 Cp
Nice to finally meet you in person Akakubi after all these years...
Old 05-03-2004, 11:59 PM
Monsoon 330Ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Shafer
Nice to finally meet you in person Akakubi after all these years...

Yes, indeed! The pleasure was all mine.

I still can't comprehend how you guys managed to pull it off. This was a great event indeed!

Jon, do you know the final count of the crowd for the 'Fest and the Drive? How many cars have actually attended? Seemed like an "ocean" of cars.
Old 05-04-2004, 12:18 AM
King of Rear Clunks

Mein Auto: 01 325iT, 88 M6
Quote:
Yep, we stopped by for a smoke on the way to Calabasas. I really liked the tail lights you coated. That red looks totally natural, can't tell. Have you refinished them after the original coat?

And what happened to your gorgeous Alpina wheels, why selling only two?
The tails still have the original coat from, what, over 2 years ago. That stuff is pricey but you get what you pay for.

As for the wheels, I just decided I didn't want the staggered set anymore so the ones I'm selling are the original rears. If I were to do it again, I probably wouldn't. Oh well.

If I knew that you were going to be there, I would have made an effort to meet you, having been a regular from back in the Toadfly days and all.
Old 05-04-2004, 12:28 AM
Monsoon 330Ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaz
The tails still have the original coat from, what, over 2 years ago. That stuff is pricey but you get what you pay for.

As for the wheels, I just decided I didn't want the staggered set anymore so the ones I'm selling are the original rears. If I were to do it again, I probably wouldn't. Oh well.

If I knew that you were going to be there, I would have made an effort to meet you, having been a regular from back in the Toadfly days and all.

Ah, it's alright. Our cars have met at least.

We are dinosaurs, aren't we? We'll hang out here still.
Old 05-04-2004, 01:32 AM
E21 Legion !

Send a message via AIM to MattE21
Mein Auto: E21 320is
Yeah, woot OR people! Ty it was nice meeting you on sat. afternoon.

Bfest 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09 veteran
Old 05-04-2004, 01:46 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 ///M3
Val,

I know, I would've liked to been able to get to chat with you. Hey there's always track time this summer.

Ty

Tyson Vilhauer - Client Advisor @ an Arizona BMW Center
Old 05-04-2004, 10:32 AM
Monsoon 330Ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty Vil
Val,

I know, I would've liked to been able to get to chat with you. Hey there's always track time this summer.

Ty
Hehehe, yep, we're local.
I'll be at the Tri-club day at the end of June.

Did you guys make it home on Sunday? We drove up to Redding and stayed over.
Old 05-05-2004, 02:49 PM
into things retro

Mein Auto: '02 M3 SMG & '08 135i
Quote:
Scott! You're made my day. The car is insane and thank you very much for letting us sit in it. I'm still blown away. I wish you guys can make it up to PIR one day. Great meeting you!

Thanks to Bimmerfest team and everyone involved for setting up such a great event!!!
It was my pleasure! I'm glad you finally had the chance to come down and experience the 'fest for yourself.
Photo gallery