Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 04-05-2013, 05:24 PM

Mein Auto: 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husband View Post
The job was done by noon, car dropped off at 9am.

I didn't even know the interior had to be taken apart. Everything was as it was before, but cleaner!
Good stuff. Glad they didn't scratch anything and I hope they don't scratch mine.
Old 04-05-2013, 05:40 PM

Mein Auto: 328xi Coupe
I could not see any signs that any work was done. The car came back very clean inside and our, which is the only way I know it was in the shop.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:02 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '08 335xi (E90)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shedridc View Post
I could not see any signs that any work was done. The car came back very clean inside and our, which is the only way I know it was in the shop.
All they need to do is access the junction box behind the glove compartment. If you had anything stored in there, then all you would notice is some random shuffling around, at best.
At port: March 19, 2008
Shipped on Graceful Leader: March 21, 2008
Arrived Port Hueneme: April 11, 2008
At dealer's: April 19, 2008
Delivered: April 21, 2008
Old 04-06-2013, 08:38 AM

Mein Auto: '07 328iT.'13 Boxster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvator View Post
Exactly what i did... 2013 328i with only 500 miles oni it... Nice enough, but i'll stick with my car... Got it back today, no issues, every thing seems to work, and no obvious damage to the car...
I was also given a new 328i with about 500 miles on the odo, although it took two days as the dealer was jammed up with recalls.

However, there was a major issue. I expected the computer trip info to be wiped as it was when I had my battery replaced, but the clock was reset ONE HOUR FAST! As it took me at least 5 or 6 button pushes to correct it, should I be considering a lawsuit ?

All other memory items were intact, the interior was spotless, and my dealer's usual non swirl hand wash was fine.

Tom
Old 04-18-2013, 05:59 AM

Mein Auto: '11 E93 335is & '08 535xi
Brought my 335is in for the recall service this morning. I scheduled the service last week and was told it would take from 2-4 hours to complete. Today, the SA tells me that it may not be done until next Monday or possibly Tuesday because they have so many cars to do. I asked what scheduling appointments were for, my first service at this dealership in FL?

He also told me that a convertible will take much longer to do than a hardtop. I'm going to wait until I return this summer when they should be less busy.

I had the same recall for our '08 535xi last year and my dealer in PA returned the car to us by late morning the same day.

Current Stablemates:
'12 Porsche 911 GTS Cabriolet; '11 BMW E93 335is; '08 BMW E60 535xi
Favorite Cars Gone But Not Forgotten:
'09 Corvette ZO6; '04 MB S600; '01 BMW 740iL; '90 Nissan 300ZX 2+2; '89 Jeep Grand Wagoneer; '79 BMW 320i; '79 MB 300D; '67 MG Midget
Old 04-18-2013, 06:07 AM

Mein Auto: BLT335xi, e92 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by beden1 View Post
Brought my 335is in for the recall service this morning. I scheduled the service last week and was told it would take from 2-4 hours to complete. Today, the SA tells me that it may not be done until next Monday or possibly Tuesday because they have so many cars to do. I asked what scheduling appointments were for, my first service at this dealership in FL?

He also told me that a convertible will take much longer to do than a hardtop. I'm going to wait until I return this summer when they should be less busy.

I had the same recall for our '08 535xi last year and my dealer in PA returned the car to us by late morning the same day.
I had a similar experience to your latter one when I got my recall fixed last week. The recall, standard 40,000 mile scope, new rear breaks, and fixing the seatbelt arm took about 6 hours and they had it ready for me to pickup at the end of the day - almost by lunchtime.
BMWCCA #489063

The BLT335xi - '11 BMW 335xi, M-Sport, Convenience, Premium, H/K sound, iDrive

Previous Rides:
'13 Cadillac ATS - Fired
'09 BMW 328xi - KIA by Bambi, reincarnated in Michigan
'11 Ford Fusion SEL
'08 Honda Accord Coupe
'01 Saab 9-3 2.0T
Old 04-18-2013, 09:13 AM

Mein Auto: 09 328i 6MT Cabrio
Unhappy

Quote:
He also told me that a convertible will take much longer to do than a hardtop.
Ah man! My SA didn't tell me that...ugh!

The blacker the berry the sweeter the juice!
Old 04-18-2013, 10:50 AM
BMW CCA #405768

Mein Auto: 2012 335is
I called the number on the letter to have them come to my work and I was told my was not in the recall. I then went to my BMW website and found the page for recalls and entered my vin. Again not on recall. Then I called BMW and again I was told my car is not on the recall list. I was told that the letter was sent to every car in that production time frame and series. What a waste of time and money.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:24 PM

Unhappy Waiting anxiously

If it wasn't for the safety inspection being due this month I would have waited on the recall issue. I thought I was killing 2 birds with 1 stone. I need Blackberry back for an event she's in on Saturday. This new dealer is holding up progress. And I forgot to record her mileage going in.

Does anyone know why it would take longer to do the recall work on a convertible than on the others?

Old 04-18-2013, 05:19 PM
Livin' like Larry!

Mein Auto: 2007 328XiT; 2008 328 CiC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackberry328 View Post

Does anyone know why it would take longer to do the recall work on a convertible than on the others?
My cabrio did not take longer... Not sure how long they actually worked on it, but it was done in one day... (I always drop off the night before so they have it first thing in the morning). They called me in the afternoon and said it was ready...
Old 04-18-2013, 08:11 PM
Omnia in modum

Mein Auto: Certified Garage Princess
Quote:
He also told me that a convertible will take much longer to do than a hardtop.
Quote:
Ah man! My SA didn't tell me that...ugh!
Quote:
If it wasn't for the safety inspection being due this month I would have waited on the recall issue. I thought I was killing 2 birds with 1 stone. I need Blackberry back for an event she's in on Saturday. This new dealer is holding up progress. And I forgot to record her mileage going in.

I'm calling 'Horse Hockey' on Beden's dealership (SA). I had mine in for a routine oil change/ in cabin microfilter change and the recall issue a couple of weeks ago. Truth be told it was the most efficient dealership service call I've ever had. Dropped the car off at 8:45 AM, got a call at 3:00 pm that everything was done and the car was ready for pick-up. Now, I will admit that I was ready for the recall in that I had my glovebox completely empty and always decline the dealership complimentary carwash. The only thing I can think of that is holding up completion is that the dealership ran out of new parts. I'll bet you get Blackberry back tomorrow. Something tells me they wouldn't have given you a loaner for this if they didn't already realize they had a snag in the system. The only time I've ever been scheduled with a loaner was when they had to take the top liner apart for re-doing the tensioning cords.

Euro Modded|Split Armrest|Rear Foglight Mod|BMW Performance Exhaust|CDV Delete|Shark Fin Antenna Delete|Front Reflector Delete|LUX H8 Angel Eyes|328i|3 Pedals|Das Fahren im Freien| BMWCCA#445793
Old 04-19-2013, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic_Kat View Post
Something tells me they wouldn't have given you a loaner for this if they didn't already realize they had a snag in the system.
Kat I believe you're absolutely correct. The loaner form says return on 4/22/13. When I saw that I was so thrown that I had to look at the calendar to see when that was! But I've made it past anger and sadness and have moved on to acceptance. Sunny and mid 70's this weekend in the F30. Whoopee!

Old 04-19-2013, 09:13 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 335D Msport
Kat, did you get a letter or just take the car in? I also live in Houston and normally go to Advantage/Midtown. They treat me well. My vehicle is a diesel though so I may be in a different category. Production date was 11/2010. I have not rec'd a letter. To anyone else listening, did you guys give a BMW link for me to type in my VIN? I would appreciate if that could be pasted in again.

Over in the diesel forum, it was speculated that we have a larger gauge of wire and that this implied a different connector. Logic is heftier starter to turn over the 16.6:1 compression ratio. I don't know this to be true though.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:06 PM
Omnia in modum

Mein Auto: Certified Garage Princess
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_cuda View Post
Kat, did you get a letter or just take the car in? I also live in Houston and normally go to Advantage/Midtown. They treat me well. My vehicle is a diesel though so I may be in a different category. Production date was 11/2010. I have not rec'd a letter. To anyone else listening, did you guys give a BMW link for me to type in my VIN? I would appreciate if that could be pasted in again.

Over in the diesel forum, it was speculated that we have a larger gauge of wire and that this implied a different connector. Logic is heftier starter to turn over the 16.6:1 compression ratio. I don't know this to be true though.
Had the car in for an oil change and they ran the VIN and said it needed it. 10 days later I got my recall letter.

Euro Modded|Split Armrest|Rear Foglight Mod|BMW Performance Exhaust|CDV Delete|Shark Fin Antenna Delete|Front Reflector Delete|LUX H8 Angel Eyes|328i|3 Pedals|Das Fahren im Freien| BMWCCA#445793
Old 04-19-2013, 04:10 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 328i M Sport Vert
Does anyone know what they actually ahve to remove on the interior. Got mine back today and leather is scratched at B piller and wetherstip fattener is messed up. They say they didn't do it and didn't work in that area. Does anyone have the actual instructions for the recall?
Old 04-19-2013, 07:29 PM
Livin' like Larry!

Mein Auto: 2007 328XiT; 2008 328 CiC
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandjam View Post
Does anyone know what they actually ahve to remove on the interior. Got mine back today and leather is scratched at B piller and wetherstip fattener is messed up. They say they didn't do it and didn't work in that area. Does anyone have the actual instructions for the recall?
I was told all work occurs behind the glove box and in the lower foot well.

Last edited by Salvator; 04-19-2013 at 07:31 PM.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:16 PM
Drive it like u stole it!

Mein Auto: 2013 M3
Basically, they remove the glove box and work at the box behindit. My friend is a mechanic, and he said if the mechanics have half a brain, its about 30-45 min fix. But they are so backed up, they dont bring the car into the shop right away after drop off.

1997 328i- retired
2007 328i- retired- lease
2006 330xi- retired
2011 335xi-PCD-12/13/10 - DINAN3-----retired
2013 M3-Laguna Seca-6 speed-EDC

2006 X5- retired
2011 X5- retired- buy back

bmw cca#443379
Old 04-19-2013, 08:19 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 e92 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_cuda View Post

I received my recall letter a few weeks ago. I called Advantage this week, but they couldn't do the safety recall until next week, which didn't work with my schedule. I made an appointment at Momentum on the Southwest Freeway and picked up the car today. No problem.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:48 PM

Mein Auto: '11 E93 335is & '08 535xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic_Kat View Post
I'm calling 'Horse Hockey' on Beden's dealership (SA). I had mine in for a routine oil change/ in cabin microfilter change and the recall issue a couple of weeks ago. Truth be told it was the most efficient dealership service call I've ever had. Dropped the car off at 8:45 AM, got a call at 3:00 pm that everything was done and the car was ready for pick-up. Now, I will admit that I was ready for the recall in that I had my glovebox completely empty and always decline the dealership complimentary carwash. The only thing I can think of that is holding up completion is that the dealership ran out of new parts. I'll bet you get Blackberry back tomorrow. Something tells me they wouldn't have given you a loaner for this if they didn't already realize they had a snag in the system. The only time I've ever been scheduled with a loaner was when they had to take the top liner apart for re-doing the tensioning cords.
I wouldn't be surprised if the SA was full of it. This is the first time that I tried to use this dealer for service as my car is now in FL and I bought it in PA. They wanted to keep my car for about 3 business days (plus over the weekend). I don't get why they schedule so many cars at the same time? Somebody is not thinking at this dealer and I'm concerned about what kind of job they will do. They were going to give me a loaner as well but I'm going to wait a while to try and bring it back in. Hopefully after they have cleared their log jam by then.

Current Stablemates:
'12 Porsche 911 GTS Cabriolet; '11 BMW E93 335is; '08 BMW E60 535xi
Favorite Cars Gone But Not Forgotten:
'09 Corvette ZO6; '04 MB S600; '01 BMW 740iL; '90 Nissan 300ZX 2+2; '89 Jeep Grand Wagoneer; '79 BMW 320i; '79 MB 300D; '67 MG Midget