Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 04-06-2013, 10:04 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2002, 325I
They compared similar car come up with the value, but it turn out that they only used E90 cars which are 4doors if I am not mistaken and there was only one coupe, I do know that usually sedans are cheaper than coupes, after my research I think that 21k will a fair value if I go buy it now. I told the guy that are close to the market value, but I did told him how much I think is worth. On Monday the total loss department will contact me, we will what they say.
Old 04-06-2013, 10:35 AM

Mein Auto: 08 550i 2014 335i-ordered
Remember one thing. Your car value is based off ACV or Actual Cash Value. Not KBB, NADA, Edmonds. ACV value is based off local comparables. Which means same year, similar miles, similar options, similar condition.

If your able to find some good comparable vehicles, document and give that to your insurance company. They will take that under consideration.

Your other option is to have an independent car evaluation run. This might be at your cost.

If you read your policy, you'll find the process clearly written when an ACV dispute arises. If it was me, start with documenting similar vehicles and their replacement values. Keep in mind there's an 'asking' price and a 'take' price.
Old 04-06-2013, 10:39 AM

Mein Auto: '07 328iT.'13 Boxster
Seems to me that anything over $20k is fair, especially since having different tires on the front & rear may have contributed to the accident.

Tom
Old 04-07-2013, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom K. View Post
Seems to me that anything over $20k is fair, especially since having different tires on the front & rear may have contributed to the accident.

Tom
Staggering wheel is bad, I did not know that
Old 04-07-2013, 10:28 AM

Mein Auto: 2009 328iX Coupe
I noted those roof panels as well - my thought was WTF?????

If you hit a curb hard enough to bend roof panels, you do NOT want to drive that car. Determine fair value, and get a settlement. There are plenty of other cars that haven't been folded in half.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:34 AM

Mein Auto: 09 M3 Sedan
$19K sounds reasonable. You may be able to show enough comps to get an extra $1-2K. As others have said, keep in mind that they need to include sales tax, which is an extra $1K+. I wish I knew that when I totaled my first car back in 2001.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:42 PM

Mein Auto: E90 LCI
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciborgman View Post
Staggering wheel is bad, I did not know that
I think he meant that you have Hankooks in front and BF Goodrich on the rears.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
I noted those roof panels as well - my thought was WTF?????

If you hit a curb hard enough to bend roof panels, you do NOT want to drive that car. Determine fair value, and get a settlement. There are plenty of other cars that haven't been folded in half.
I was thinking the same here, stop wasting time. I have not cancel the insurance on that car yet and I am still paying the loan, I am losing money already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irTinky View Post
quite possible, the back ones are 4 months old and the front ones no idea but they were still good.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:05 PM

Mein Auto: '07 328iT.'13 Boxster
Quote:
Originally Posted by irTinky View Post
Exactly. Staggered F/R wheel sizes are commonplace, but having different make/model tires can cause handling issues, especially in emergency situations. At least they were both performance summer tires, as some folks seem to feel that mixing summers with all seasons or RFT with non RFT is OK. The real issue is differences in tire construction and/or tread design, which can adversely affect handling and grip.

Tom
Old 04-09-2013, 07:21 AM

I finally settle with the insurance company, I talked to another person and they made some adjustments in my favor for some options that were not taken under consideration. I will get 20,875 plus taxes. I still have my old 2002 325 with 168k miles, that and the money left from the loan payoff will do for a good down payment on another Bimmer.

Thanks you all for the replies and advice