Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E46 (1999 - 2006)

E46 (1999 - 2006)
The fourth generation 3 Series (E46 chassis) was introduced in 1999 and set the standard for engineering and performance during it's years of production including being named to Car & Driver's 10 best list every one of those years! ! -- View the E46 Wiki

Old 04-05-2013, 08:51 PM

Mein Auto: 2002 330CI
Source of fabric needed

Hello All,

Does anyone know where I can source the fabric that covers the interior pieces? I need to recover my B and C pillars, but cannot find the correct fabric.
I have a 2002 330Ci, tan interior. I cannot find the interior trim color code, have looked in all the usual places like under the front and back seats, etc.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Jon
293,000 miles!
Ads by Google
Old 04-06-2013, 01:35 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2004 325ci
There is a DIY floating around on how to repair it.

or you can just order the part. idk if it has a code. I'm assuming that it's like the floor mats. Black/Beige/Grey

http://www.getbmwparts.com/parts/200...r%20qtr%20trim
Old 04-06-2013, 06:20 PM

Mein Auto: 01 325i automatikgetriebe
I found a guy in the middle of nowhere in TN who not only re-covered my A pillars, he had the exact matching grey fabric in stock. The guy works out of his garage. Go figure.

OP, do you have any car/boat/custom upholstry shops near you? The ones in the U.S. have huge books of fabric samples. If you don't find replacement OEM parts, I would try with a local shop.

Last edited by vandyboy; 04-06-2013 at 06:23 PM.
Old 04-06-2013, 07:20 PM

Mein Auto: '04 330Ci 6-speed
http://blog.bavauto.com/9574/bmw-e46...panel-peeling/

Interesting
Old 04-07-2013, 12:17 PM

Mein Auto: 2004 325ci
Yeah its another one of those glue issues with the E46. The door molding (sp) is the other one. Both of my bimmers have this issue. I think this time instead of glueing it back, I will just replace the pillars.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:08 AM

Thanks everyone for your replies.
I am in South Korea, and went to the biggest textile market on the planet and could not find an exact match...go figure. I know that I can order the replacement parts, but YEESH!!! Paying $140 bucks for two B pillar covers gets under my skin!! If I could find the fabric, there's no way it could cost more than $10, and take 10 minutes to glue it in place.... I'm just sayin...heck, for $10 in fabric, I could cover the C pillar covers as well.

Thanks again for the replies.

Jon
293,000 miles!
Old 04-08-2013, 12:46 PM

Mein Auto: 01 325i automatikgetriebe
Jon:

Did you see anything that was a close match when you were at the upholstry market? I would rather get something almost right for $10.00 than the exact match for $140.00. Also, how about covering them in black - would that stand out too badly? So much of our interiors is black already....

I need to go see my upholstry guy to ask him about doing the dye/fixit procedure on my leather seats. I will make a trip by there tomorrow or Wednesday afternoon. Perhaps he knows the brand of the cloth he used for my car - if so, I will pass it on to you. Also, if he happens to have the fabric in tan - that would be golden, wouldn't it?

Last edited by vandyboy; 04-08-2013 at 12:49 PM.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:02 PM

Mein Auto: 03 330ci 3pdl 89 325i
Doesn't ecs carry this stuff?

Sent from my PantechP9060 using Bimmer App
Old 04-08-2013, 06:38 PM

Talking

Yes, ECS carries the replacement parts, but, again, +/- $200 for the two "B" pillar and "C" pillar trim pieces is steep....especially considering what the fabric ~should~ cost.

It would be GREAT if I could find the correct fabric. When I was at the textile market in Dongdaemun, Seoul, I looked at approximately 14 billion different fabrics. The sample I took from my car was the driver's side trim piece that covers the rubber gasket (I know, I know, crappy sample, but the trip was last minute, the trim was already removed and in the trunk, and I wasn't able to remove a more substantial piece to use as a color reference.) and I ~thought~ that I found something really really close....when I held it up next to the headliner, I was definately not close enough.

Soooo.....I DO want the B pillar covers re-done.....the fabric is still there, but it's dirty / discolored. Hopefully I can get a yard or two of the correct fabric. I ~really~ don't want to change fabric colors (an earlier post suggested changing them to black) because of their position, right in the line-of-sight when changing lanes, etc, I think a different color would be a constant source of irritation to me.

So, yes, if you could ask your upholstery guy if the correct color is available, I would definately make it worth your while....maybe send you a jar of kimchee, or some pickled chicken's feet?

Thanks again,
Jon
293,000 miles!