Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > F10 M5 (2012 - Current)

F10 M5 (2012 - Current)
The count down is on. The BMW M5 F10 will be released on April 1st, 2011!

Old 04-07-2013, 10:29 PM

Mein Auto: 2015 M4
Tire pressure for standard R19 wheels ???

Hello,

I was checking the tire pressure on a US M5 with standard R19 wheels:

Front: 265/40 R19
Rear: 295/35ZR19

The car had roughly 34psi on the four tires (one was 33.5 and another 34.5).

Then I asked the dealership to verify them and they told me they would put 32 psi.

Looking at the M5 owner manual page 168, I can see that below 100mph the tires should get

Front: 31psi
Rear: 31psi

and then for more than 100mph, the tires should get:

Front: 37psi
Rear: 37psi

Then if I am looking at the sticker on the door there is the normal one showing 32psi for all, and the yellow sticker with a warning stating that for more 100mph you should put 38psi for all.

So all of this is very confusing and I dont understand here:

1) what the heck the dealership would put 32psi and not ask if you want to run more than 100mph ?

2) why would you not put the "more than 100mph" specification right the way?? This seems very odd to me as this car can pass 100mph very easily.

Your advices are welcome.

Thx
Ads by Google
Old 04-08-2013, 12:06 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: F10 M5
Hello!

With the M Driver Package (available in Germany) you have to have roughly 46 psi on the rear tires (3,2 bar).

Due to the reason that high speeds from 100 mph or more are normally in Germany, every M5 here have 37 psi at minimum. 31 psi is too low in my opinion, only good for the comfort, not for driving.

Greeting from the high speed country

CU Oliver