Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)

X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)
The X5 SAV Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-08-2013, 01:27 AM

Mein Auto: BMW X5
Unhappy Have a frustrated problem with driving at morning

Hello Everybody

I'm new member in the forum

Just bought 2004 5X recently (Few weeks ago) and I have a little frustrating problem. When I turn on my car in the morning or after long parking (mainly more than 6-8 hrs), the car doesn't respond to my pedaling on the fuel. I keep pushing the fuel pedal for few seconds till it respond.

For me, it seems that the transmission doesn't pick up or link. Sorry.....I'm not expert or mechanic....

After that the car is ok!. Even if I turn off the car for few hours and drive again, the problem is not there as long as the stop is for few hours. The problem doesn't appear unless the car is parked for long time and cold....otherwise this specific problem is not there!!!

Also, I feel like the car is not picking up easily and not accelerating well....kinda heavy .... as if it is pulling or towing something heavy

I'm the second owner...and I called the first owner inquiring about such problem. He indicated that this is normal in BMW.....(sounds weird to me!!!). He said that when he bout it and found the problem from day one he took it to the dealer and they said it is normal and related to some hydraulic pressure built up in the morning. He recommended me to push the gas 3-4 times at the morning after turning the car on until it picks up

For me ....it is not normal..and not fun
I'm driving BMW not Fespa motorcycle... and BMW driving should be fun not pain in the neck

I'm really frustrated

Does anybody out there know about the problem and can help

Your recommendation and feedback is greatly appreciated

Thank you
Advertisement