BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
6M views 104K replies 316 participants last post by  tim330i 
#1 ·
There has been a bunch of OT threads lately, so i think we should try to keep it all the ot talk in one place. I know the e36 forum rocks, and all the other forums suck big time :bigpimp:, yet we need to stay on topic....

#82,142 ·
If for some reason I had sold the E36 to buy this car or if I somehow came into a large sum of money, I'd have gone for the 4-door instead of the 2, and gotten one with the smaller 17" wheels. Kept the stockers for snow tires and thrown something like this on it:

Stage 1 tune, intake, upgraded diverter and gauges, then spend the rest of my budget on a really, really nice set of coils that would lower it a smidge but keep an OEM quality ride.

That would make such a ******* grocery getter.

#82,146 ·
Someone has caught the vw bug :eeps:
Just a distant fantasy. With unlimited resources I'd love to throw some parts at it, but I'm just not into VWs (or many other cars for that matter) like I am the E36. Unless my financial future changes dramatically, I'll drive this car stock for a couple years, eventually upgrade to another commuter, and all car fun monies will be spend on Das Banana.

#82,147 ·
Just a distant fantasy. With unlimited resources I'd love to throw some parts at it, but I'm just not into VWs (or many other cars for that matter) like I am the E36. Unless my financial future changes dramatically, I'll drive this car stock for a couple years, eventually upgrade to another commuter, and all car fun monies will be spend on Das Banana.
oy vey. He doesn't even know it yet! :p

#82,149 ·
BMWs are German too you goob. :p
Except that it would be der banana, goob :p

Any errors in this post are purely Swype's fault, not mine.

#82,152 ·
#82,154 ·
Hey guys...looking for some help.

Trying to figure out what its going to cost me to put the '68 1600 on the road..

Since its older than a 72 there is no title, so i should be able to skip the $50 title fee.

Now where im getting confused is the Registration costs...the car Weighs 2010lbs stock (according to reg) SO for two years it should cost me $32.50. My uncle however thinks that I dont have to pay that since it has a transferable reg.

I have never owned anything this old before so Im confused lol.

Heres a link to NYS DMV fees
http://www.dmv.ny.gov/regfee.htm

So I think it should cost me:

$33 Sales Tax (have bill of sale for $400, tax rate is 8.25%)
$25 Plate Fee (need new plates)
$32.50 Registration for 2 years
---------
$90.50 Total to go on the road. :dunno:

Any classic owners who can help confirm/deny? ( iknow different states are probably different)

#82,157 ·
Called Rockauto again and asked them to send me a flywheel, guy was borderline insulting (said something to the tune of "well, what's it say that you're the first one with this problem" and that I should read all the descriptions and be able to work out what they were trying to say. I pointed out that the prices of the kit I bought and the cheaper one with a flywheel was only $300, and that I had also purchased piston rings that were less than a sixth the price of others on the market, I went on to say that they used some variation of the words "with flywheel" in five of the descriptions and that apparently only two of them actually had flywheels.

Here's a screen capture of the descriptions from this morning:

Note that Rhinopac (the one I got) and the Valeo (cheapest one that actually has a flywheel) use the exact same abbreviation (w/) and apparently I'm the idiot for assuming it would have one.

Currently filing a complaint with the BBB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.