Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)

F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)
The 5 Series Gran Turismo -- now available in the USA as a 535i, 550i and 550i xDrive model.

Old 04-05-2013, 08:01 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 535GT
Love my new GT

Picked up my new GT from Greg at Pacific BMW just a few days ago, and it rocks! Just can't understand the bias against this car by BMW purists, it's a beautiful car all around. We picked the GT because we needed the space of an SUV, but we really hate driving SUVs and this is a perfect solution. Car is super fast, very quiet, and handles really well for such a big car.

Three things about it I love, the radio automatically finds radio stations for me - very cool. The nav system automatically updates and reroutes for traffic and that saves me a bunch of time in the morning, and finally the damping control system actually works.

My 535GT:
Alpine white
M package with 20 inch run flats
Damping control
Comfort seat package- awesome
Sound system upgrade, fabulous
Cameras- helpful, it's a big car
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	201.7 KB
ID:	369924  
Ads by Google
Old 04-05-2013, 08:15 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 535ix-drive GT
I think you'll continue to love it. Some people are too biased to see beyond their noses to consider the utility and finesse of the vehicle.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:43 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 BMW 535i xDrive
I couldn't agree more! After a year of ownership and 7000 miles i am still in love!

Alpine White
Black Dakota Leather
Cold Weather Package
Driver Assistance Package
M Sport Package
Premium Sound Package
Value Package
Sport Package
Side and Top View Cameras
Smartphone Integration

Old 04-06-2013, 03:45 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 535i GT M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdg535gt View Post
Picked up my new GT from Greg at Pacific BMW just a few days ago, and it rocks! ...
Is it a new build? I'm debating 2013 vs 2014. Can you confirm the liftgate opens with a foot swipe?
Old 04-06-2013, 03:47 AM
Super Moderator

Mein Auto: 09 Freightliner
Awesome!

- J.C. Watts Jr.
Old 04-06-2013, 02:49 PM
God is on vacation

Mein Auto: BMW 535 GT
I was one of the bias until I drove and got mine, stupid me, it is a winner over the X6 anytime and I think drives better than my 2009 535ix. Nice machine and zooooms
Old 04-06-2013, 04:32 PM
notjustatob

Mein Auto: 2013 535i GT
Congrats. How does the Dynamic Damping Control alter the actual drive? THinking very seriously of ordering mine w one, so curious about your experience w it..please share!

thx..m
Old 04-06-2013, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnestHouse View Post
Is it a new build? I'm debating 2013 vs 2014. Can you confirm the liftgate opens with a foot swipe?
Mine does not seem to have the foot swipe feature. I don't think it is available on the GT. It was not a new build I was able to find one on the lot
Old 04-06-2013, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notjustatob View Post
Congrats. How does the Dynamic Damping Control alter the actual drive? THinking very seriously of ordering mine w one, so curious about your experience w it..please share!

thx..m
It works in conjunction with the sport/comfort control. When you switch to the sport mode it very definitely damps down on the shocks and suspension and makes it a much firmer ride.
Old 04-06-2013, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Mine does not seem to have the foot swipe feature. I don't think it is available on the GT. It was not a new build I was able to find one on the lot
Is there a date on the driver side door? Did you get the comfort access package?
Old 04-06-2013, 09:45 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 328xi
Congrats, definitely digging ours but it took some time to get used to and appreciate the machine.
Old 04-07-2013, 05:23 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 550i xDrive GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnestHouse View Post
Is there a date on the driver side door? Did you get the comfort access package?
Hi Ernest. We'll be picking up our 550i xDrive GT on Thursday. We ordered Comfort Access and I'll report back ASAP if it has the tailgate or if the other's who received it on theirs were lucky and got an exception. Although I read Parking Assist is now available on xDrives it was not an option on the NA build page except on the RWD versions ... same story for ACtive Steering .. supposed to be available on xDrives now but not on the NA build page. We got M-Sport, Luxury Front and Rear, Cold Weather, Executive, Both Driver Assist Packs, Rear Window Shades, Active Cruise, B&O. We did NOT get Dynamic Handling, Night Vision, or Rear Entertainment. Will try to get reports over to you while we are still in Europe. Maybe even a pic or 2.
Old 04-07-2013, 05:25 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 550i xDrive GT
Quote:
Picked up my new GT from Greg at Pacific BMW just a few days ago, and it rocks! Just can't understand the bias against this car by BMW purists, it's a beautiful car all around. We picked the GT because we needed the space of an SUV, but we really hate driving SUVs and this is a perfect solution. Car is super fast, very quiet, and handles really well for such a big car.

Three things about it I love, the radio automatically finds radio stations for me - very cool. The nav system automatically updates and reroutes for traffic and that saves me a bunch of time in the morning, and finally the damping control system actually works.

My 535GT:
Alpine white
M package with 20 inch run flats
Damping control
Comfort seat package- awesome
Sound system upgrade, fabulous
Cameras- helpful, it's a big car
Cdg, your GT looks awesome! Seeing it gets us even more excited about getting ours. Thanks for the post and the beautiful picture.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:54 AM

Mein Auto: 2010 Sportwagon
I love my GT...picked up in Munich in September. It's such a classy ride, even compared to my little 2010 Sportwagon. The GT is a heavy car that handled beautifully in this winter's snow...again, much better than the xDrive Sportwagon.

But I do not like or use the foot swipe (kick, actually) and use it only when I don't care what happens to the shoes I'm wearing...which (as a woman) is rare.

I feel like I'm on top of the world in my GT. Hope my love affair with it continues...even with its little, annoying quirks.
Carol
Old 04-09-2013, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loganradio View Post
I love my GT...picked up in Munich in September. ... But I do not like or use the foot swipe (kick, actually) and use it only when I don't care what happens to the shoes I'm wearing...which (as a woman) is rare....
@Loganradio - how does the foot swipe affect your shoes?

Also, what interior/exterior colors do you get? Were they your choice or was it a consensus with someone else?

Last edited by ErnestHouse; 04-10-2013 at 05:01 AM.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:58 AM

Mein Auto: 2010 Sportwagon
My foot needs to KICK rather than SWIPE. Gets the toe of my right shoe dirty every time. It stopped working in Germany, so it's had one attempt at repair.