Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X1 E84 (2011 - current)

X1 E84 (2011 - current)
The new to the US BMW X1 will arrive at BMW dealers in the fall of 2012 as a 2013 model year. Get your X1 28i with either sDrive (RWD) or xDrive (AWD) or get the US exclusive I6 N55 powered X1 35i dDrive.

Old 04-11-2013, 09:59 AM

Mein Auto: 128i Vert
Anyone else waiting to start production?

My dealer says production is slated for the week of April 29th. Ugh!
Advertisement
Old 04-11-2013, 12:27 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Ordered: X1 sDrive 28i
Mine started prod on Apr 2 scheduled to finish prod today. Thats a pretty long delay.. mine took a week and a half to start prod from the day it was ordered.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:23 PM

I just got word they're moving my production up two weeks so that's good.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:27 PM

Mein Auto: Nitro
How long to get the # to start this fun

Hope it is ok to ask here in this thread, but I ordered my X1 last Friday and I still have no # to start the fun of watching it?

How long does it take the dealer to get that?

When I called and aske,d the sales man told me they were trying to get someone elses slot, like a non customer order to save time, does this sound like the truth?

Thanks for any input, I wish they had what I wanted on the lot, but this dealer seems to love only two colors :-)

Thanks
Old 04-11-2013, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristar1011 View Post
Hope it is ok to ask here in this thread, but I ordered my X1 last Friday and I still have no # to start the fun of watching it?

How long does it take the dealer to get that?

When I called and aske,d the sales man told me they were trying to get someone elses slot, like a non customer order to save time, does this sound like the truth?

Thanks for any input, I wish they had what I wanted on the lot, but this dealer seems to love only two colors :-)

Thanks
I ordered my car on Saturday and called my dealer for the production number on Monday. He gave it to me plus the Vehicle Inquiry Report to show me the order was correct. Now, since my production date has changed so has my number so your dealer may be trying to find a good slot but I think he'd have some number to give you just by placing the order. Ask for the VIR and it will have the production number on it.

Last edited by bmw1girl; 04-11-2013 at 01:42 PM.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:03 PM

Mein Auto: Nitro
Dealer is draggin feet I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw1girl View Post
I ordered my car on Saturday and called my dealer for the production number on Monday. He gave it to me plus the Vehicle Inquiry Report to show me the order was correct. Now, since my production date has changed so has my number so your dealer may be trying to find a good slot but I think he'd have some number to give you just by placing the order. Ask for the VIR and it will have the production number on it.
So there full of it, just called and asked for the production # and vehicle inquiry report, told again it will be a few more days, I don't really get it, not trying to be a jerk but , you plunk down a nice deposit on a reasonably expensive vehicle, you would think they would want to get it ordered so they can complete the sale, you would also think they would want to stop the phone calls, I just don't get the way things work these days. as this is pretty much the way it is with just about everything. My son just purchased a 370Z, took more than 5 weeks to finally get green-slip for plates, same time for them to pay off the trade, ridiculous amount of time in my opinion. Par for the course :-) I say.

Guess I will wait till next week and see what happens.

Thanks for all the input on here on all my questions.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:25 PM
Missing German roads

Mein Auto: X1 xDrive35i
Not all dealers are created equal, if you don't like how you're being treated you might want to look elsewhere (as I did). I'm not sure your dealer is playing any games though...

I know that on 2013's all X1's were out of dealer allocation and dealers could basically promise you an upcoming slot only by word and until you had a production # you're trusting that they'll get you one of their slots. Dealers got say 2 sDrive28i, 4 xDrive28i and 3 xDrive35i slots per month (for example, not actual numbers). It's up to the dealer to decide who gets which slots. If a sale fell through they could "move you up" by going through every xDrive28i order and changing that slot specs to match one that was gong to be a later production slot.

2014's are no longer slot allocation based but they still have to deal with priority somewhat. Some dealers are also slower and the dealership you're working with may even be a satellite store and the orders go through a different store and that could always be the holdup there. I wouldn't worry too much, give them 5 business days before you start to wonder about them.
Old 08-12-2013, 07:47 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 XDrive X1 28i
FYI in case anyone is wondering what preliminary timelines look like at this point:

-Ordered an X1 on July 25th.
-Car went "into production" and I got my VIN on August 7th.
-BMW says it is "scheduled for completion" on August 22.

We will see how long the rest of the process takes.
Old 08-13-2013, 02:15 PM

Mein Auto: X1
Hey,

I ordered last Tuesday mid day around 2pm (by the time BMW FS came back with approval) and by 5pm I had a production # and week slotted to build August 19.

It really determined by the dealership and how many spots they are allotted a month. My dealer had a couple place holders left for the X1 so i took over one of those slots. It's really hit or miss and based completely on dealer allocation.
Old 08-13-2013, 06:05 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 XDrive X1 28i
I had my production # and production week the day I ordered- my week was week 32, which was Aug 5-11. On Aug 7th I got my VIN. Don't know what, exactly, the "scheduled for completion" phrase means or the timing of how things flow once a VIN is assigned, but recall reading somewhere (that seemed authoritative at the time) it takes about a week - 40 hours- to build an X1.
Old 08-13-2013, 11:33 PM

Mein Auto: 00Z3MC,10328iT,14X1x28
Military sales is a bit longer.. Placed order with 10% down on my CC late JUL, received production slot notification for SEP build recently. Will have to pay up when VIN is assigned and hope fully get exact build date at that time.