Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest 2014 > Previous Events > 2004 Events > Santa Barbara, CA - May 1

Santa Barbara, CA - May 1

Old 05-04-2004, 10:32 AM
In Driving Heaven

Mein Auto: 330i
I'll third the sentiments, Keith. This was my first caravan down to Bimmerfest, and it was a smooth, enjoyable experience. You are one organized guy.

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

Mystic Blue 330i, SP, PP, Nav, Heated Seats, Step -- ED July 10, 2003
Old 05-04-2004, 02:43 PM
Tamer of the Mighty V8

Mein Auto: Black 1995 540i
Thanks for the props guys, I do what I have to do, to take care of my crew!!!!

NOW, I can't wait for next year!

I will be planning something soon, keep your eyes to the computer.
The place where Ben broke down will be a destination for some that will enjoy a nice "weekend" and we can do Hearst Castle too.

I will post when I can, probably a couple months, if not, it will be the fall for this one.
Old 05-04-2004, 02:54 PM

Mein Auto: '98 540iA & '01X5 3.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith
Hi Dave, if you haven't heard yet, it was the water pump the froze up and broke the belt, then I'm sure caused the damaged to the pulley.

Keith & the BayBimmerz team,

Big thanks from Tamara, Karrie and I. They said they actually had a blast and didn't realize how much fun it was going to be. In fact, Karrie is even looking into buying an X3 now. (I couldn't talk her into an M)

I had a blast hanging with you all and checking out the cool cars. Can't wait for the next one!

Thank you for organizing!!
Old 05-04-2004, 07:33 PM
bOOsT Add!cT

Send a message via AIM to M3Style95
Mein Auto: Blown M3
cant wait for another meet, keep in contact keith. highway 1 is my neck of the woods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith
Thanks for the props guys, I do what I have to do, to take care of my crew!!!!

NOW, I can't wait for next year!

I will be planning something soon, keep your eyes to the computer.
The place where Ben broke down will be a destination for some that will enjoy a nice "weekend" and we can do Hearst Castle too.

I will post when I can, probably a couple months, if not, it will be the fall for this one.

Eurowerkz Cali Director
cj@eurowerkz.com
Old 05-04-2004, 11:47 PM

Mein Auto: 95m3 alpine white
Keith,everyone appreciates the work you put into this.Great drive,great event with great people.Lets get together real soon and keep in touch.
Susan and Martin
Old 05-05-2004, 12:03 PM
Banned

Mein Auto: 5/01 production 330Cic
Quote:
Originally Posted by clymberz
I had a blast hanging with you all and checking out the cool cars. Can't wait for the next one!
It was really great meeting the three of you. Now that you've got T & K hyped on BMW enthusiasm and community, we expect to see you at some of the Bay Bimmerz drives and events between now and the next fest, dude!

I haven't been really involved in BB stuff outside of the 'fest, but I expect to be a regular from now on. The weekend Keith is referring to above on the CA coast is going to be fantastic!
Old 05-05-2004, 12:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96m3
Keith,everyone appreciates the work you put into this.Great drive,great event with great people.Lets get together real soon and keep in touch.
Susan and Martin
Trying to keep all the people straight that I met... You two were in the M3 that drove back with me in the two-car minicaravan after we consoled Ben for a few hours, right?
Old 05-05-2004, 03:13 PM
Tamer of the Mighty V8

Quote:
Susan and Martin
Thank you Susan & Martin, it was great to meet you both and can't wait for the Ragged Point Inn "weekend" meet, I'm really looking forward to it.
I was thinking a fall run for this, you know, Sept., Oct. ?
That's when the coast is really beautiful, not to mention rates are lower and there's less people.
How about incorporating Heasrt Castle in there as well?????
"Dinner" in Cambria, my wife and I have "the spot".
I'll keep you and others posted on this, it "will" be fun for couples and singles alike!
Old 05-05-2004, 11:48 PM

Mein Auto: 95m3 alpine white
Keith,we will look forward to it.
Dave,sorry I couldnt go any quicker on the way back,Susan was having a fit.That guy in the blue BMW could not drive.I think the guy in the Yellow Miata had fun with us,I let him past,made his day.
Martin
Old 05-06-2004, 07:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Keith,we will look forward to it.
Dave,sorry I couldnt go any quicker on the way back,Susan was having a fit.That guy in the blue BMW could not drive.I think the guy in the Yellow Miata had fun with us,I let him past,made his day.
My bad, Martin. I got a bit anxious to get home, and the twisties were so tempting.

Pass on my apologies to Susan. Had my wife been with me, it would have been a far more sedate drive.

I really enjoyed meeting both of you!
Old 05-06-2004, 04:10 PM

Mein Auto: '98 540iA & '01X5 3.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKT BMR
My bad, Martin. I got a bit anxious to get home, and the twisties were so tempting.

Pass on my apologies to Susan. Had my wife been with me, it would have been a far more sedate drive.

I really enjoyed meeting both of you!
Yeah, if you have a chance to grab the twisties, you gotta go for it, cuz you never know when you are going to be caught behind a truck or something.

Your wife and Susan shouldn't feel too bad either. My wife gets car sick on twisties so I wouldn't have been able to do the drive with her...either that, or i'd have to let her drive

Susan/Martin - It was great having lunch w/ the two of you!
Old 05-06-2004, 05:45 PM
Tamer of the Mighty V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by clymberz
Yeah, if you have a chance to grab the twisties, you gotta go for it, cuz you never know when you are going to be caught behind a truck or something.

Your wife and Susan shouldn't feel too bad either. My wife gets car sick on twisties so I wouldn't have been able to do the drive with her...either that, or i'd have to let her drive

Susan/Martin - It was great having lunch w/ the two of you!
I know what you mean Alex, my wife gets car sick just "looking" at the twisties when "I'm" driving.
She's fine when she drives, but let her drive
We will have to go down 101 then cut over to Cambria and then up Hwy 1 to get to Ragged Point in the fall!
It will be faster that way anyway.