Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)

7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)
The new re-designed 7 series F01 / F02 leads off the BMW Fxx chassis code!

Old 04-14-2013, 09:27 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Bmw F01 750i
[QUOTE=rajeek;7515780]Well I finally finished most of the mods, so I figured I should put some respectable pictures up. Here ya go! Enjoy.

Hey man, Really love how you made your 7, if you dont mind me asking, where and how much did it cost your for your alpina lip and spoiler, i wanna get something similar for my car. Our cars almost look like twins

Last edited by pranavf01; 04-14-2013 at 09:33 PM.
Old 04-14-2013, 09:49 PM

Mein Auto: ///M7
[QUOTE=pranavf01;7518733]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeek View Post
Well I finally finished most of the mods, so I figured I should put some respectable pictures up. Here ya go! Enjoy.

Hey man, Really love how you made your 7, if you dont mind me asking, where and how much did it cost your for your alpina lip and spoiler, i wanna get something similar for my car. Our cars almost look like twins
Roof spoiler and Trunk spoiler were from Ebay. Ordered em painted already, so they were just placed on immediately.

The Alpina lip I found used about 1 hour away, so I drove up and got it. It was from a car in white. Had it repainted and installed. Normally they go for about $1000. Got it for 1/2 that in virtually like new condition, so that was a nice deal.

Love your car also. Long lost bothers they are.

Options: Executive Package, M-Sport, B&O Sound, LED Lighting, Drivers Assist, Active Cruise. No RWS (Rear Wood Shelf).
Mods: BMS n63tu Tune, PedalBox, H&R Sport Springs, RD Sport Front Lip, Rear Roof & Trunk Spoilers, 20" Forgestar F14 Rims, Akebono Ceramic Brakes, 20% Front/15% Rear Tint, Carbon Fiber Wrap, Smoked Taillights, 760 Exhaust Tips, "Golf Tee" mod, Kidney Grills & Front Vents Painted Gloss Black, Brake Calipers Gloss Black w/BMW Logos, B&W Carbon Fiber Roundels.

Last edited by rajeek; 04-14-2013 at 10:45 PM.
Old 04-15-2013, 01:06 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 740i Blk/Blk
Wow just one of a kind. I really like the new New LCD Instrument Gauges Display. I have the 2011 740i , do you know if that is compatible? Where can I get one? Does all the features work.

http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/1/6/2...62924572_o.jpg
Old 04-15-2013, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbworldz View Post
Wow just one of a kind. I really like the new New LCD Instrument Gauges Display. I have the 2011 740i , do you know if that is compatible? Where can I get one? Does all the features work.

http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/1/6/2...62924572_o.jpg
Thanks.

With regards to the instrument cluster, yes it should be compatible. You can get one from www.bimmer-tech.net Email Patryk at info@bimmer-tech.net, he knows me well. Cost is just over $1900. After it is installed and coded everything should work as normal.

Options: Executive Package, M-Sport, B&O Sound, LED Lighting, Drivers Assist, Active Cruise. No RWS (Rear Wood Shelf).
Mods: BMS n63tu Tune, PedalBox, H&R Sport Springs, RD Sport Front Lip, Rear Roof & Trunk Spoilers, 20" Forgestar F14 Rims, Akebono Ceramic Brakes, 20% Front/15% Rear Tint, Carbon Fiber Wrap, Smoked Taillights, 760 Exhaust Tips, "Golf Tee" mod, Kidney Grills & Front Vents Painted Gloss Black, Brake Calipers Gloss Black w/BMW Logos, B&W Carbon Fiber Roundels.
Old 04-15-2013, 04:37 PM

Thx rajeek. I live in Los Angeles. Do I have him pre-program it first or I need to have someone do it here. Is it hard to install?

Quote:
Thanks.

With regards to the instrument cluster, yes it should be compatible. You can get one from www.bimmer-tech.net Email Patryk at info@bimmer-tech.net, he knows me well. Cost is just over $1900. After it is installed and coded everything should work as normal.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbworldz View Post
Thx rajeek. I live in Los Angeles. Do I have him pre-program it first or I need to have someone do it here. Is it hard to install?
Easy to install. Search F10 instrument cluster on you tube. It pops out. Can be a bit of a challenge to get the new one in though. Takes a bit of wiggling and luck. Patryk then logs into your car remotely through your computer and sets it all up. I will be at Bimmerfest in May with the car if you want to stop by. PM me and we can exchange info.

Old 04-15-2013, 06:42 PM
The Entertainment Guru

Send a message via Yahoo to TXSTYLE
Mein Auto: 750i (F01)
Impressive my man... VERY impressive! Now I must admit.... I am NOT a stock wheel guy even if their powder coated, painted etc. But I l o v e that cluster. Simply bananas!!!
And I like the carbon wrap theme you got going on and the exhaust is dope.

~ Big Marcus
Old 04-15-2013, 06:43 PM
The Entertainment Guru

Send a message via Yahoo to TXSTYLE
Mein Auto: 750i (F01)
Tell me again what modifications are required for that exhaust???
Old 04-15-2013, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Tell me again what modifications are required for that exhaust???
This thread has all the info needed for the exhaust tips mod. I got all my parts from the local dealer. Note the diffuser is different for M-Sport models. All the other parts are the same.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=680245

You will need to cut a bit off the back part of the tips or they hit the pipes on your car. Also you will probably have to mod the exhaust stabilizer bracket and muffler hanging bolt a bit to get the exhaust ports to line up properly. Still an amazing mod. About $700 for parts. Then painting costs for the diffuser. You can do the install yourself if your motivated. I just had it done for me. Will be taking the car back to do the bracket/hanging bolt realignment later this week.

Last edited by rajeek; 04-15-2013 at 08:47 PM.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:20 PM

Here's another retrofit I just did 2 weeks ago. The Top View Camera option added on which was not even available until 2011 I think. Each side view mirror had a camera installed and wiring run through doors, into car and back to trunk to the camera module. As you can see, now I can hug any curb I want. Lovin it! :-)

Last edited by rajeek; 04-15-2013 at 08:21 PM.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Here's another retrofit I just did 2 weeks ago. The Top View Camera option added on which was not even available until 2011 I think. Each side view mirror had a camera installed and wiring run through doors, into car and back to trunk to the camera module. As you can see, now I can hug any curb I want. Lovin it! :-)

Old 04-16-2013, 05:24 PM
CABimmerNation

Mein Auto: 2010 750i M Sport
Love the cluster upgrade.
Dinan S3, PedalBox, 22" Agetro rims, H&R spt springs, RDsport front lip, coded, paddle shift retrofit, AlpineMSS HID 8000k. All exterior chrome, roof, roof spoiler and everything behind wheels painted black, wing, side and rear reflectors and door handle trim painted white, light smoke on tail lights. Audio: focal separates, earthquake low profile subs under front seats (crossed over as mid base to support the pathetic 4" fronts), arc audio amps, audiocontrol lcq-1 and epicenter, (2) L7 subs.