Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series > E63 / E64 6 Series (2003 - 2013)

E63 / E64 6 Series (2003 - 2013)
The E63/E64 BMW 6 Series builds on BMW's sporty heritage with aggressive lines and an incredible motor to back the design up. Available in coupe and convertible trims with a standard 4.8 liter engine producing 360 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque, the 6-series is a popular choice that exceeds expectations.

Old 04-06-2013, 05:22 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 630i, 525i, 320iC
Quote:
Originally Posted by castercorey View Post
Corrected my mistake and changed MP3_CCC from aktiv to full. Let the car sleep for 15 minutes and BAM! It worked flawlessly.
Great stuff! Delighted for you.'! Enjoy it now, one thing, I find my Dension can occasionally "lock up" where it prevents me changing a song or the screen just says Loading. It only happens when I use the USB, not very often though. To resolve I usually select MP1 temporarily & then back to MP5....just in case it ever happens to you.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:23 AM

Mein Auto: 645ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel.ranter View Post
Great stuff! Delighted for you.'! Enjoy it now, one thing, I find my Dension can occasionally "lock up" where it prevents me changing a song or the screen just says Loading. It only happens when I use the USB, not very often though. To resolve I usually select MP1 temporarily & then back to MP5....just in case it ever happens to you.
Hey rebel.ranter,

I forgot to thank you in my last post, but I will do so in this one. THANK YOU!!!!
My unit did freeze up and restarting the car did not help. I don't know what mp1 or mp5 mean, but I will figure it out. The unit is still new to me and I am enjoying it.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:02 PM

Mein Auto: 2001 BMW 330i
Bought my cable a couple weeks ago, and looking forward to getting started coding.

Quick question; I have an 05 645CI that has not been "updated" to support MP3 CD's. Is there a way I can do the update myself using this cable, or will I still have to have the dealer perform this "update?" Is there anything else the updated provides? (I really don't care a whole lot about MP3 CD's, but it would be nice to have. Not worth paying a lot to the dealer to enable).

Should I wait and have the system updated before I start coding, or have at it and if I decide to update later, tackle that road when it comes? I'll probably add & enable the Aux input soon anyway.

Thanks!
Old 04-12-2013, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB22 View Post
Bought my cable a couple weeks ago, and looking forward to getting started coding.

Quick question; I have an 05 645CI that has not been "updated" to support MP3 CD's. Is there a way I can do the update myself using this cable, or will I still have to have the dealer perform this "update?" Is there anything else the updated provides? (I really don't care a whole lot about MP3 CD's, but it would be nice to have. Not worth paying a lot to the dealer to enable).

Should I wait and have the system updated before I start coding, or have at it and if I decide to update later, tackle that road when it comes? I'll probably add & enable the Aux input soon anyway.

Thanks!
What color is your Idrive screen silver/blk? If so then you are good. Download and read instructions in this forum.
Old 04-13-2013, 10:23 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 645ci
my angel eyes do only come on at night when the headlights are on but not with the daytime-running-lights. My repair guy said he can change this so the angel eyes would be on all the time but when he had the car hooked up he was not able to do this. He told me that he would have to look into this. I have no clue about programming but was wondering if anyone can give me some pointers so I can help my repair guy onto the right tracks.

20" wheels 245/35 - 285/30, black grill and blacked out side markers, 10W white LED angel eyes, Eibach lowering springs on Bilstein shocks,
AC Schnitzer pedals, Sprint Booster (what a waste of money), electronic exhaust cut-outs, red brake calipers (painted)
AFE air intake, door laser BMW logo projector lights, CSR front lip with carbon accents, carbon side skirts
Old 04-13-2013, 11:23 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 650 convertible!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattymetzger View Post
my angel eyes do only come on at night when the headlights are on but not with the daytime-running-lights. My repair guy said he can change this so the angel eyes would be on all the time but when he had the car hooked up he was not able to do this. He told me that he would have to look into this. I have no clue about programming but was wondering if anyone can give me some pointers so I can help my repair guy onto the right tracks.
It can't be done with programming. Read this:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...1&postcount=64

OPTION 1: If you want to upgrade your lighting module to accomodate then here is the DIY post just put in yesterday:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=689301

OPTION 2: Use relays per the following DIY:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...14&postcount=1

Last edited by tampamark; 04-13-2013 at 11:24 AM.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:30 PM

Mein Auto: 2005 645Ci & 2007 750Li
I got the system installed on my Windows 8 computer this weekend. Now I can use this computer to do some research & posting, with 1 computer. I will still use my XP machine for updating the cars, but I now want have to run 2 computers when searching for solutions!

Thanks goes to Mark for making everyone aware, with this thread. Chris has been very easy to work with on the BMTechnic operating system. This install will make installing & using the software much easier, than a native install. Their forum allows everyone to read, learn, & give feedback to others trying to troubleshoot their cars!
Old 04-16-2013, 11:44 AM

Mein Auto: M5
Quote:
Here's some guides to help you learn how to code.

- There's 3 "how to" coding guides
- Then two guides on how to add options to your car by modifying the vechicle order (VO), e.g. adding the iPod interface.
- Finally there's one that shows you how to properly defualt a module back to factory settings.

By reading the three "how to" guides you'll notice that the procedure is the same, however it is nice to read different perspectives on how to do it in order to form your own understanding.

Most people never really go near the modify VO piece, however it is what you might need to do if you were physically retrofitting an original BMW option, e.g. iPod integration unit, folding mirrors, HuD,....

Happy reading!
Hey! Just came over from M5 world. Buying BM technics kit and am trying to gather info on coding. I'm reading through all these attachments, but I see your first
first pdf, NCS expertmode coding, comes up requiring a password?

Is it just me?
Old 04-16-2013, 11:45 AM

Mein Auto: M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbimmin View Post
Hey! Just came over from M5 world. Buying BM technics kit and am trying to gather info on coding. I'm reading through all these attachments, but I see your first
first pdf, NCS expertmode coding, comes up requiring a password?

Is it just me?
OMG nevermind. I'm so dumb . Must have skipped that page SORRY
Old 04-17-2013, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbimmin View Post
OMG nevermind. I'm so dumb . Must have skipped that page SORRY
No probs

Last edited by rebel.ranter; 04-23-2013 at 12:09 AM.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:56 PM

Mein Auto: bmw 650i conv
flush radiator

how long car 650 bmw flush radiator. I don't see radiator cap,
what mileage need changed spark plus.
transmission fluild
I need all helps
Thanks
Old 04-21-2013, 04:52 AM

Anyone coded the indicators into the heads up display?
Old 04-21-2013, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8esp View Post
Anyone coded the indicators into the heads up display?
The M5board guys have done it, the line of code to change is:

Control unit: HUD

BLINKER_AUSSTATTUNG
nicht_aktiv CHANGE TO aktiv
Old 04-21-2013, 09:27 AM

Mein Auto: bmw
noted for reading later
Old 04-21-2013, 09:50 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 650i
I have coded indicators. It works, but the display itself isn't overly clear. And now that I have coded the tachometer and gear number in the HUD (which is mutually exclusive to indicator display), I prefer to leave it on that anyway.
Old 04-22-2013, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattserati View Post
I have coded indicators. It works, but the display itself isn't overly clear. And now that I have coded the tachometer and gear number in the HUD (which is mutually exclusive to indicator display), I prefer to leave it on that anyway.
I didn't know that you could code the tach and gear number into the HUD, is this option
available for the 645? I don't suppose you've got a copy of the code changes you implemented
Old 04-22-2013, 02:54 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 650i
It should just be a matter of implementing the following 3 changes. This should enable a new option in your iDrive menu under DISPLAY/HUD, for M Drive.

Control unit: Cappl

MDrive
nicht_aktiv -> aktive
HUD_M
nicht_aktiv -> aktive

Control unit: HUD

M_SPORT_HUD
nicht_aktiv -> aktive

I did the coding and assumed it hadn't worked, because my HUD wasn't any different. Drove around like that for about 3 weeks, assuming that my car just wasn't able to do it. Then I poked around in the iDrive menu, and discovered that the coding adds the option, which then needs to be selected in order to be operational. Hope that all makes sense and helps.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:15 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 X3
where to download latest psdzdata file?

I downloaded the e-sys software over the weekend and ordered my cable from ebay. Have been reading about doing the coding (I own an 2013 X3). and noticed a reference to a newer version of the psdzdata.

The psdzdata version downloaded with the software is 47.5 but in a post about coding there is a reference to a 48.3 version of the psdzdata. I cannot find a download for it.

Will the 47.5 version work with my 2013 X3? I did notice that the version I have was current back in June 2012 so I think it will be OK but I want to verify this.

Oh, and if I do need to update to the newer version can I just replace the psdzdata folder or do I need to do a new install?

I want to set the code to read out current mph on the IP.

Thanks,
ERK
Old 04-22-2013, 03:08 PM

I know it's up to v49 software now & I would imagine that you'd need at least v48.1 for your x3.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:39 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 X3
Thanks. And, do you know where I get a copy of v49? I find all kinds of reference to the different versions but no one talks about how to get about getting them.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:44 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 528i + 2007 650 Vert
Hey Mark!

Zerocks1 and I had a little coding party on my car yesterday.

We enabled the Welcome lights and.....Wait for it.... THE TURNING LIGHTS!

Very cool!

I Love LA. It lets me ride in the winter with the top down.
07' E64/Black....14' F10/M-Sport White
Old 04-23-2013, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseng View Post
Hey Mark!

Very cool!
Do you have adaptive headlights in your spec? What settings did you use for the cornering lights?
Old 04-23-2013, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseng View Post
Hey Mark!

Very cool!
Awesome! The advantage of a 2007, you have LM2 light module already. Sounds like fun, you will need to do his AE ring upgrade next.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Bimmer App
Old 04-23-2013, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampamark View Post
Awesome! The advantage of a 2007, you have LM2 light module already. Sounds like fun, you will need to do his AE ring upgrade next.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Bimmer App
Just getting ready to order the parts. There may be a new ring that is brighter than the one he used. If it works you should be able to see it from your house.

Old 04-23-2013, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Do you have adaptive headlights in your spec? What settings did you use for the cornering lights?
Yes I have adaptive headlights. We have some tweaking to do so it will be a few days till we are ready to post the results. Stand by for updates.