Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series > E63 / E64 6 Series (2003 - 2013)

E63 / E64 6 Series (2003 - 2013)
The E63/E64 BMW 6 Series builds on BMW's sporty heritage with aggressive lines and an incredible motor to back the design up. Available in coupe and convertible trims with a standard 4.8 liter engine producing 360 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque, the 6-series is a popular choice that exceeds expectations.

Old 03-31-2013, 08:02 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 645Ci
LCI Turning Light Adapter for Pre-LCI 6 Series - Help!

Hi Sean and guys,

I kinda got myself into a jam trying to save a few bucks. I boldly decided that I was electronically inclined when actually I just the opposite. So I ordered the (2) LCI turning lights for my 2005 654Ci and decided that I would use an uploaded schematic to build the needed adapter myself. I went to radio shack to match the components are other items.

Boy, what the heck was I thinking? I need to stick with what I'm good at :-) when I figure it out. I lost this challenge miserably and will not be experimenting down this path again.

Now I have nice new turning lights on my 05, but needless to say, neither of the two actually work. The old turning lights have (3) connectors whereas the new turning lights have only (1) connector. The LCI adapter connect these cables and also prevents the fault code if built properly.

A police was opposite of me in the oncoming traffic watching me as i turned at a red-light. He swung his car in behind me right after I made the turn and wrote me a ticket for "failure to use a signal while turning". I explained my dilemma to him - he said it wasn't his problem and the next time he pulls me over he will issue me a "reckless driving" ticket if this problem is NOT corrected.

The problem is, I see this dude two to three times per week. I'm not sure if he hates me, or if he hates the fact that I'm driving a nice car. I'm not sure why so many people give off the (hate stare) when you're spotted in the 6 series. So it's not like I won't be noticed the next time this cop is in the vicinity.

I'm in desperate need of this plug and play LCI turning light adapter. Can any of you guys give me any suggestions as to how to quickly resolve this?

Sean offered me a chance to buy this adapter in the past but I tried taking the much cheaper route. It bit me. Reckless driving is 6 points and $300.00 dollars in Virginia, and its a misdemeanor. Right now I have STD, which means that I'm [Scared to Death] to drive my car!

Thanks in advance!

Rav

Last edited by Raven_Ramon; 03-31-2013 at 09:22 AM.
Advertisement
Old 03-31-2013, 09:10 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2006 650 convertible!!!
There is a guy on the M5 board that had sold an adapter, if you want I can email him on that board and inquire into that. I would get his email to send to you so you two can talk if so. Even if you join that forum you would not be able to mail within it since it requires a minimum number of posts to do so.

Here is the negative, it was reported to be around $350 for the pair of adapters. If that is not something you want to pay I won't even bother to move forward with the inquiry.

Let me know.

Here is a previous members wiring diagram for the upgrade, did you see this and try his recommendations?

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...ht=led+eyebrow
Old 03-31-2013, 09:33 AM

Mein Auto: bmw e63
Hi, my friend. Contact with Motivemods. They are good professionals...
Old 03-31-2013, 04:03 PM

Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampamark View Post
There is a guy on the M5 board that had sold an adapter, if you want I can email him on that board and inquire into that. I would get his email to send to you so you two can talk if so. Even if you join that forum you would not be able to mail within it since it requires a minimum number of posts to do so.

Here is the negative, it was reported to be around $350 for the pair of adapters. If that is not something you want to pay I won't even bother to move forward with the inquiry.

Let me know.

Here is a previous members wiring diagram for the upgrade, did you see this and try his recommendations?

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...ht=led+eyebrow
Hi Tampamark,

I'm pretty certain that the guy which you are referring to is the same guy that I mentioned. His name is Sean. I would have to look for his e-mail address because I used it some time ago.

Sure. If you can contact him that would be great. The guy that I am referring to I've sent a couple of text messages to him on yesterday and today but he may be busy or have changed phones.

So let me know if you have any luck.

Thanks again TampaMark!

Rav
Old 03-31-2013, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertoxikitin View Post
Hi, my friend. Contact with Motivemods. They are good professionals...
Hi Albert,

Yes Sir. I sent them a nice lengthy paragraph explaining to them what my needs are (An LCI adapter for connecting the (3) OEM cables to the new LCI turning lights). Hopefully they will respond maybe on tomorrow since today is Easter. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks Again!

Rav
Old 03-31-2013, 05:16 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 650 convertible!!!
OK, got a reply from Sean. His email is dtm996c5@gmail.com. He says he makes them to order so they are available. I do not know this guy, I have never bought from him! I just know that on the M5board he sells stuff like this. Since you already know of him perhaps you would feel comfortable buying from him if it works out.

Good luck.

Last edited by tampamark; 03-31-2013 at 05:18 PM.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:49 PM

Thank You Tampa!

Rav
Old 04-02-2013, 06:35 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 528i + 2007 650 Vert
Sorry, I'm out of the country so I did not see this earlier. I have built several of these.

It's a very simple circuit and only needs $5 worth of parts from Radio shack. If you are at all handy with a soldering pencil it tales about 15 minutes to build wiring harness for both sides.

Let me know if you want details.

I Love LA. It lets me ride in the winter with the top down.
07' E64/Black....14' F10/M-Sport White
Old 04-02-2013, 07:47 PM

Wow Roseng,

Wish you were in the country. I would much rather pay you for the parts are your time opposed to me possibly screwing it up. Roseng just curious, does this gadget eliminate any fault codes and intermittent flashing of the bulbs?

Thanks!
Rav
Old 04-02-2013, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven_Ramon View Post
Wow Roseng,

Wish you were in the country. I would much rather pay you for the parts are your time opposed to me possibly screwing it up. Roseng just curious, does this gadget eliminate any fault codes and intermittent flashing of the bulbs?

Thanks!
Rav
Rav,

I'll be back in the states tomorrow PM.

You'll still need to either add resistors or code out the errors. I would code them out I'd I we're you. The proper harness will get rid of the flashing.

Do you have the connectors and wiring bushings for the new lights already?

PM me with your phone and email and I can call you Thurday.

Old 04-02-2013, 08:44 PM

Ok,

Will do bro. I have one other guy looking into this for me. I may be ok here.

I will let you know.

Thank!!
Rav
Old 04-17-2013, 10:18 AM

Hey guys,

Ordered my turning light adapters. Should be here this weekend. The three connectors removed from the pre-LCI turning lights will plug into this adapter - a single cable leaving the adapter will plug into the LCI turn signal which I installed last week.

The LCI adapter will give the LCI turn signals full functionality with no error codes.

The LCI rear brake lights were plug and play (full functionality) just like everyone advised.

Thanks!
Rav
Old 04-17-2013, 02:48 PM

Mein Auto: bmw e63
Hey Ramon. Where did you buy them?..... how much for the pair?....
Old 04-17-2013, 03:02 PM

Albert,

I ordered the LCI turning light adapters from a guy name Sean for $320.00 dollars.

I am located in Northern Virginia but he is based out of California.

Rav
Old 04-17-2013, 07:04 PM

If you are handy and can code you can build these for less than $25.00. I did! and they work fine. I even made a pair for a friend. You need the connector for the LCI lights, the wires for the connector, and $5.00 worth of diodes from Radio Shack. Code out the errors, do a bit of soldering, and you're done.

Old 09-20-2013, 08:26 AM
BM6er

Mein Auto: 2005 BMW 645ci
I hate to bump an old thread but does anyone have the part numbers for the indicator lamp connector and wires?
Old 09-20-2013, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amennrahh View Post
I hate to bump an old thread but does anyone have the part numbers for the indicator lamp connector and wires?
I'll see if I can find my order with the part numbers

Old 09-21-2013, 05:12 PM
BM6er

Mein Auto: 2005 BMW 645ci
^Thanks!
Old 09-22-2013, 08:26 AM

Mein Auto: e39 BMW 540i
LCI Turning Light Adapter for Pre-LCI 6 Series - Help!

Also looking to update my indicators. Anyone willing to make and sell me the harness?

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 09-22-2013, 08:54 AM

I went back to my original order from GETBMWPARTS.com
I believe these are the part numbers from them.
*******> ********>
electrical, front lamps, headlamp components, plug Left
61130005199*
- BUSHING CONTACT

The bushing is actually a small wire with a rubber grommet to seal it in the connector.

The plug is for left or right. You need 8 bushings and 2 sockets. I would suggest ordering 10 in case you have an issue.

Remember that you still need a proper circuit to make these work. You'll need a pair of diodes from Radio Shack for each side (about $2.50) and you can find the wiring diagram in the M5.com forum in the M6 section. Search for member Mimi74 and her has a great DIY there. It worked great for me.

Once done you'll also need to code out the errors.

Old 07-22-2014, 09:47 AM
Big Jon

Mein Auto: 2005 645Ci Convertible
This all looks like way more trouble than I am interested in. What about I go to the dealer and order new turn signals (because mine are stress cracked) and can I switch the bulbs to white instead of amber like they are now?