Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Old 03-27-2013, 12:05 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 318i E46, 735i E65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piers1989 View Post
So long as NCS Expert is working properly on your machine, it is not hard to just read a trace from a module.

Some instructions I made for a PM to another member -

Just open the .trc (trace file) with notepad, and copy and paste it to the forum.
followed you process and was getting some error in NCSExpert only for ASK ECU but still was able to pull some data which i put in below location as it is too much

attached is the NCSExpert error and INPA results for ASK

http://pastebin.com/9Rnj8HSd
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-new.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	368560   Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-new2.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	368561  
Old 03-29-2013, 03:54 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 318i E46, 735i E65
anyone ? i just need help to activate my changed ASK unit for my car... plz help
Old 03-29-2013, 04:44 PM

Mein Auto: E65 745i
erm its the coding index.

Your new ASK is running C05 (which i thought was only on facelift cars) and that is too new for your vehicle order so ncs expert doesn't recognize it.

You can change your build date to something newer (i dont know what personally, but ive read this is how you fix it) and it will open the file.

Hope that helps but i dont know how to change build date myself, maybe some else can help?
Old 04-20-2013, 12:26 PM

Mein Auto: 2002 745Li
I read with interest your comment concerning the tuner, and wondered if maybe you could give me some insight as to steps to take to make my tuner operative. I have a 2002 745LI with a bad tuner, and I found a replacement, no. 6526945203 made in 06-04. Installed the unit and the BMW dealer I used to program the system so it would work told me that I would have to get the VIN off of every unit in the optical system before it could be set up, naturally, the cost would have been prohibitive. I have a loop installed into the optical where the antenna is hooked up so all the rest of the system works. So, bottom line, just no radio to listen to. I have the analyzing discs and OBD BMW cable, so any information that you could give me whereby I might get this system working with this replacement tuner would be appreciated. Thanks! Semored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piers1989 View Post
Before you get inundated with people shouting SEARCH, I'll offer up what I can ^^

Since you can use the controls, and are getting sound, it should NOT be your ASK (the cd player in the dash).

It should be the tuner module (is this called a diversity unit? I'm not sure). I believe it is relatively common for there to be tuner problems and they are usually fixed by replacing the tuner.

If you are replacing the tuner, if the one you have bought is significantly newer / older than your old one, you may need to change a line of coding on your ASK to make it work - I can help with that.

Welcome to bimmerfest, and I'll let you off on the questions that may have been answered before as I can imagine a search would turn up a lot of different and irrelevant information.