Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 04-19-2013, 05:39 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 X3 28i
2014 X3 - iPod integration?

Hi all - wondering if anyone can help with this question. I just took delivery of my 2014 X3 last night (mineral silver w/mojave interior - stunning!!). I am coming out of a 2011 3 series wagon which integrated nicely with my iPod. Using the same connector, I plugged in the iPod with the X3 and it plays but will not display titles, tracks, etc. The only way I can change albums/artists etc is to manually fiddle with the iPod itself. It didn't work that way on my 2011 wagon so I'm not sure what I have to do to get the better integration? I know that there is an integration with the iPhone, but I don't store the bulk of my music on the phone. Any thoughts or fixes out there for me? I invested in Premium Sound and I really want my music!!
Ads by Google
Old 04-19-2013, 06:56 AM

Okay, I'm going to reply to myself! Just got off the phone with my sales guy (I absolutely love my dealership - they rock! shout out to the guys at Thompson, Rob, Dennis and Adam!!) Anyway, he told me that all I need is to use the white Apple cable. Apparently, the cable I used for my 2011 will not work in 2013 or 2014 models. I'll be hitting the Apple store later today and will confirm! Now if only I didn't have to be at work.... I'd much rather be out driving :-)
Old 04-19-2013, 10:59 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Moto Guzzi
Quote:
Originally Posted by pegjk58 View Post
Okay, I'm going to reply to myself! Just got off the phone with my sales guy (I absolutely love my dealership - they rock! shout out to the guys at Thompson, Rob, Dennis and Adam!!) Anyway, he told me that all I need is to use the white Apple cable. Apparently, the cable I used for my 2011 will not work in 2013 or 2014 models. I'll be hitting the Apple store later today and will confirm! Now if only I didn't have to be at work.... I'd much rather be out driving :-)
FWIW - I am totally new to this but in the process of an order today. The dealer took my IPhone cable and you could control everything thru the car's display, even without the NAV version.

Bob

Old 04-19-2013, 11:13 AM

Smile iPod integration

Thanks Bob! Picked up an Apple cord at lunch and it worked like a charm! Yaay!!!
Old 04-19-2013, 11:27 AM

Mein Auto: Moto Guzzi
Quote:
Thanks Bob! Picked up an Apple cord at lunch and it worked like a charm! Yaay!!!
Yes, that was huge for my wife. We thought incorrectly that we needed the Nav system to have the IPhone integration to be acceptable for us and the dealer fixed us!

Old 04-19-2013, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Hi all - wondering if anyone can help with this question. I just took delivery of my 2014 X3 last night (mineral silver w/mojave interior - stunning!!). I am coming out of a 2011 3 series wagon which integrated nicely with my iPod. Using the same connector, I plugged in the iPod with the X3 and it plays but will not display titles, tracks, etc. The only way I can change albums/artists etc is to manually fiddle with the iPod itself. It didn't work that way on my 2011 wagon so I'm not sure what I have to do to get the better integration? I know that there is an integration with the iPhone, but I don't store the bulk of my music on the phone. Any thoughts or fixes out there for me? I invested in Premium Sound and I really want my music!!
Hi pegjk58,

Congratulations on your new car. I have the exact same exterior color and interior trim as yours and I am very anxious about how the color combination looks. Do you mind posting some pics please? Mine is currently in production and will not get it until the Second week of may.

Thanks!
Old 04-20-2013, 07:50 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 650 x-drive m-sport
Mazel Tov!!