Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X1 E84 (2011 - current)

X1 E84 (2011 - current)
The new to the US BMW X1 will arrive at BMW dealers in the fall of 2012 as a 2013 model year. Get your X1 28i with either sDrive (RWD) or xDrive (AWD) or get the US exclusive I6 N55 powered X1 35i dDrive.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-03-2013, 12:16 PM
eric9610 eric9610 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Irvine
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 234
Mein Auto: '13 X1 35
Price over invoice on MY '14

So now that we are seeing the MY '14's coming in what is everyone seeing for price over invoice? I got mine for $700 over.
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #2  
Old 04-03-2013, 05:02 PM
Ex-One Ex-One is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Louisiana
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 188
Mein Auto: RX-8
That is really good. I paid MSRP minus $1500 but there aren't any volume dealers in my area so it was the best I could do...I'm still pretty happy despite paying about $1000 more than I should be.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-03-2013, 05:48 PM
Tristar1011 Tristar1011 is offline
Registered User
Location: Las Vegas
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 42
Mein Auto: Nitro
Seems a good deal to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-One View Post
That is really good. I paid MSRP minus $1500 but there aren't any volume dealers in my area so it was the best I could do...I'm still pretty happy despite paying about $1000 more than I should be.
I think you did ok, when I build these on the BMWCONFIG site, there is only 2300 total profit or so on most models, so if you got 1500 off its not like they made a killing ?

That's about the same discount I got.

Chris
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-03-2013, 05:57 PM
eric9610 eric9610 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Irvine
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 234
Mein Auto: '13 X1 35
I was told by my dealer that i have bought several BMW's from that if it was a MY '13 he could have done $10 over invoice. I guess in the end it all evens out since the included option in the packages gave me a lower total car cost.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-03-2013, 06:05 PM
Ex-One Ex-One is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Louisiana
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 188
Mein Auto: RX-8
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric9610 View Post
I was told by my dealer that i have bought several BMW's from that if it was a MY '13 he could have done $10 over invoice. I guess in the end it all evens out since the included option in the packages gave me a lower total car cost.
True the 2014's were cheaper with same options if you went fully loaded.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-03-2013, 10:15 PM
aramosc aramosc is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: San Diego, CA
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 129
Mein Auto: Ordered: X1 sDrive 28i
I ordered mine at $1450 under invoice (after $1750 BMW college and loyalty incentives) it started production yesterday so I should get mine soon
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-04-2013, 08:51 AM
eric9610 eric9610 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Irvine
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 234
Mein Auto: '13 X1 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by aramosc View Post
I ordered mine at $1450 under invoice (after $1750 BMW college and loyalty incentives) it started production yesterday so I should get mine soon
you should also qualify for an extra $500 for the newly added APR/Lease credit.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-04-2013, 09:04 AM
Stanw Stanw is offline
Registered User
Location: Hammondsport NY
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 84
Mein Auto: 2014 X1 xDrive28i
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric9610 View Post
So now that we are seeing the MY '14's coming in what is everyone seeing for price over invoice? I got mine for $700 over.
I'm paying $727 over invoice without incentives.....
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-04-2013, 09:12 AM
HotRodW HotRodW is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Southwest Michigan
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 265
Mein Auto: 2013 X1, 2012 Q5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristar1011 View Post
I think you did ok, when I build these on the BMWCONFIG site, there is only 2300 total profit or so on most models, so if you got 1500 off its not like they made a killing ?

Chris
You don't really think dealers pay invoice?
__________________
Rod


2014 Touareg TDI R Line
2012 Q5 2.0T
2002 RSX
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-04-2013, 09:36 AM
aramosc aramosc is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: San Diego, CA
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 129
Mein Auto: Ordered: X1 sDrive 28i
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric9610 View Post
you should also qualify for an extra $500 for the newly added APR/Lease credit.
Are there any clauses for that $500 credit? would it apply for a MY2014? I hope I can get the credit!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-04-2013, 10:19 AM
eric9610 eric9610 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Irvine
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 234
Mein Auto: '13 X1 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by aramosc View Post
Are there any clauses for that $500 credit? would it apply for a MY2014? I hope I can get the credit!
i think the only requirement is using BMW FS. I spoke with my CA and locked in my financing the other day including all the discounts.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-04-2013, 11:18 AM
aramosc aramosc is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: San Diego, CA
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 129
Mein Auto: Ordered: X1 sDrive 28i
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric9610 View Post
i think the only requirement is using BMW FS. I spoke with my CA and locked in my financing the other day including all the discounts.
I just talked to my sales rep and he said that it only applies for MY2013. is that true?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-04-2013, 11:20 AM
aramosc aramosc is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: San Diego, CA
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 129
Mein Auto: Ordered: X1 sDrive 28i
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric9610 View Post
i think the only requirement is using BMW FS. I spoke with my CA and locked in my financing the other day including all the discounts.
If I get that credit I'd be $1950 under invoice
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-04-2013, 11:45 AM
edx1's Avatar
edx1 edx1 is offline
Missing German roads
Location: Wasatch front
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 455
Mein Auto: X1 xDrive35i
$500 over invoice is a good deal, over $1000 isn't a good deal. I personally got beyond tired of the time wasting games my local Utah BMW dealership plays and happily offered to pay my max number of $1000 over invoice to the next nearest dealership in IF Idaho and the dealer (This was when 2014 X1's were still out of dealer allocation) thought that was a good number for him and we had the car ordered by phone in 15 (This being an ED order as well, and 2 follow up e-mails over the next 2 months), well worth the extra money IMO.

If you shop around you can probably get very close to $500 (not including other manufacturer discounts), especially if you're in California. If you don't have a board sponsor dealership or multiple dealerships you can shop around, about $700 over invoice isn't a bad number for an X1. 2014 X1's are no longer dealer allocations so there's no reason a dealership can use the "only so many" or "hot car" reasons for pricing games. Most dealers like to shoot for 3%-5% on the invoice if it's a non allocation car. Very limited allocations cars can be very hard to get much below MSRP but the X1 isn't and really never was one of those.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-04-2013, 12:08 PM
eric9610 eric9610 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Irvine
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 234
Mein Auto: '13 X1 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by aramosc View Post
I just talked to my sales rep and he said that it only applies for MY2013. is that true?
what dealership are you working with??
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-04-2013, 12:36 PM
aramosc aramosc is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: San Diego, CA
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 129
Mein Auto: Ordered: X1 sDrive 28i
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric9610 View Post
what dealership are you working with??
BMW of San Diego
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-04-2013, 01:26 PM
mickkassem mickkassem is offline
Registered User
Location: Asheville NC
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 93
Mein Auto: Mini Cooper S
Out the door price

I learned a lot when buying the X1. For example, invoice pricing includes a cost of training and MACO in some areas of the country. In other areas, a dealer will charge a document fee up to $500. One even wanted to charge for obtaining the title. The good news is that some don't have MACO or doc fees. Thank goodness for competition.

Do you knows how dealer profit is actually figured for a BMW sale? I do not but bet BMW corporate has an incentive plan to move e more cars.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-04-2013, 08:51 PM
aramosc aramosc is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: San Diego, CA
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 129
Mein Auto: Ordered: X1 sDrive 28i
Has anybody used the $500 APR credit towards a MY2014 BMW?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-06-2013, 09:48 AM
Grady_X1 Grady_X1 is offline
Registered User
Location: CT, USA
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 12
Mein Auto: X1 28i
I just ordered my 2014 X1 this week. Was told that the $500 incentive is only on the 2013 models. Makes sense to me, as I am sure they are trying to clear out the 13's while they can.

For what it is worth, I paid $400 over invoice with no incentives. I could have done slightly better with a different dealer, but went with the shop I will be using for service.

The wait begins...
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-06-2013, 11:15 AM
aramosc aramosc is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: San Diego, CA
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 129
Mein Auto: Ordered: X1 sDrive 28i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grady_X1 View Post
I just ordered my 2014 X1 this week. Was told that the $500 incentive is only on the 2013 models. Makes sense to me, as I am sure they are trying to clear out the 13's while they can.

For what it is worth, I paid $400 over invoice with no incentives. I could have done slightly better with a different dealer, but went with the shop I will be using for service.

The wait begins...
I was told the same.. I guess I'll have to do without the 500 credit
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 04-19-2013, 03:39 PM
dominoaz dominoaz is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Phoenix, AZ
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 262
Mein Auto: 07 Z4, 77 Porsche, 11 528
Special Offers

Don't know if the offers are dependent upon your location, but I just received notice of the extension through October 1st of both the $750 Loyalty and $500 first payment assistance. Applies to MY's '13 and '14. I ordered a '14 X1 M-Sport 2 weeks ago. Now, I have to figure out what to do with the extra $$$. I'm considering taking off the run flats and putting on some decent riding replacements. Then, toward lease end, put the RF's back on.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-19-2013, 11:16 PM
woohoo's Avatar
woohoo woohoo is offline
What to do...?
Location: SF Bay Area
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 648
Mein Auto: 128i
Quote:
Originally Posted by dominoaz View Post
Don't know if the offers are dependent upon your location, but I just received notice of the extension through October 1st of both the $750 Loyalty and $500 first payment assistance. Applies to MY's '13 and '14. I ordered a '14 X1 M-Sport 2 weeks ago. Now, I have to figure out what to do with the extra $$$. I'm considering taking off the run flats and putting on some decent riding replacements. Then, toward lease end, put the RF's back on.

Did you get an email or a marketing piece with this info?
__________________
128i | Manual | AW Terra Alum | M-Sport | Convenience | Moonroof
X1 sDrive28i | AW Sand Beige Fineline | M-Sport | Ultimate | Lighting | Servotronic | HK | Heated Seats
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-20-2013, 10:33 PM
dominoaz dominoaz is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Phoenix, AZ
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 262
Mein Auto: 07 Z4, 77 Porsche, 11 528
BMW Offers

It was an email. Unfortunately, I have deleted it and it is not recoverable. It came from an exec at BMWNA Finance. I wrote my Internet sales rep who confirmed.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 09-10-2013, 06:53 PM
jcatral14's Avatar
jcatral14 jcatral14 is offline
Running around in circles
Location: Northern NJ
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 3,600
Mein Auto: E46 ZHP
Is there a place where I can see the invoice price list besides BMWconfig? I can't seem to get it to work
Thanks
__________________
2005 Imola Red 330i 6MT, ZHP, ZCW, Xenons
2014 Blue Water X3 xDrive28i ZCW, ZLP, LUCZ



Previous Bimmers ( All sorely missed ):
2007 Mystic Blue 530i - ED 12-15-06
2003 Grey Green 330i
2003 Electric Red 325iTa

Angular velocity is where it's at



-Jay
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 09-10-2013, 10:24 PM
eric9610 eric9610 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Irvine
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 234
Mein Auto: '13 X1 35
in the end i went with a MY '13 35i fully loaded for 20% off MSRP with all the incentives total savings was over 8K off MSRP.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X1 E84 (2011 - current)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms