Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)

7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)
The new re-designed 7 series F01 / F02 leads off the BMW Fxx chassis code!

Old 04-21-2013, 04:26 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 750Li Xdrive
Continental DWS

Hello,

I just put Michelin Primacy MXM4 to replace Goodyear Runflat which was causing vibration on coners. Now I do not have any vibration but I have humming noise and slight road vibration on steering wheel around 30~40 mph. This is depends on the surface of the road so I am sure it's not the car. The car has only 1000 miles on it. It looks like it is tread pattern that is causing some of vibration( similar to your cell phone vibration) on certain road surface but very annoying.

So after long talk with Tirerack, I ordered Continental DWS to replace these Michelin.
I can still return Michelin due to 30 day warranty policy.

For DWS, I am hearing vibration issue or flatspot issue that it has soft side wall which cause flatspot overnight and many have out of round issue. Since 7 series is heavy car, I am curious if other members with 7 series experience any of these balance or vibration issue with DWS.

I need 245 45 19.
Other then DWS, I had choice of Continental DW, Sport contact 3 ( I had this tire on Mercedes S550 which was ok tire but not great), Bridgestone S04 ( this seems have good review but tirerack test said it has some humming noise which I worries).
I want to avoid directional tread pattern which will cause pull depends on road surface.

I do not drive this car when it gets snow, so I do not have to get all season.

Your recomendation and comments on DWS will be appreciated.

Thank you.
Ads by Google
Old 04-21-2013, 05:10 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 750I
I put Continental Extreme contact DW's on mine a few hundred mile ago and so far they are very good. I have winter tires for the snow.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:21 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E70 & F04
Continental DWS

Few people on the F10 forum had conti dws and hated them. They are low cost tires, you get what you pay for. Who mounted the Michelin tires? Those are super quiet tires, surprised you have an issue.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 04-21-2013, 08:34 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 750Li Xdrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar Don View Post
Few people on the F10 forum had conti dws and hated them. They are low cost tires, you get what you pay for. Who mounted the Michelin tires? Those are super quiet tires, surprised you have an issue.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
I did get installation on tirerack's recommended installer. Road force ballance and etc.

I have 0 vibration issue with Michelin but this road humming on certain road surface is annnoying.

Any thought on Bridgestone S04 ?