Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 04-21-2013, 05:33 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 325CIC, 335CIC
2014 m-sport owners - what tires?

Can anyone who has received their 2014 M-Sport X3 chime in with the brand of tires they received? Hoping they are not shipping Bridgestones!

Thanks

Rob
Ads by Google
Old 04-21-2013, 06:37 PM

Mein Auto: '14 X3 35i-M Space Grey
Hey I'm new here. I've been lurking for weeks and just got my '14 M-sport X3 35i. It has Goodyear tires on it. I just turned over 200 miles today on it and cant really complain but given that it is new, I haven't been able to push the limits on the tires to see how they are
Old 04-22-2013, 08:34 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 X3 35i M Sport
Yeah, they come with Goodyear Eagle LS2's, which are rated pretty poorly over at Tire Rack. I plan to give them a try for a little while, but will probably swap them for some better summer performance tires eventually. I have dedicated snow tires I use in the winter, so I really don't want or need all-seasons anyway.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:39 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 X1 xDrive28i
Summer tire option came with Pirelli Cinturato P7's on my 2014 M Sport.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:41 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 BMW X3 F25
Which rims did you guys order. 19" ?
Old 04-22-2013, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaland View Post
Which rims did you guys order. 19" ?
Yes, the 19" M-Double spoke (dont have the type # on hand just this moment, but the ones that come with the M-Sport Package.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewsky View Post
Yes, the 19" M-Double spoke (dont have the type # on hand just this moment, but the ones that come with the M-Sport Package.
Well.....Then itīs a good chance iīll get them as well. Also ordered with the 19" double spokes.
Hope theyīre not to bad. Especially since roads here are bad.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:43 AM

Having no frame of reference since I'm coming from a 2002 330ci (no run flats there!), and I see everyone say that the goodyears = crap and pirelli's generally = good. What is the differentiating characteristics between the good and the bad RFT's? Gawd, i'm toootally thread-jacking. Sorry about that
Old 04-22-2013, 12:01 PM

Noticed they are labeled as "all-season". Is it summer tires or not?

http://www.tirerack.com/survey/Surve...mmentStatus=P#

There is no such thing as an all season tyre (at least where i come from).
There are summer tires and there are winter tires with or without spikes. I hope these non spikes is not what is called "all season" at tirerack, because if it is, they are useless or more correct, flat out dangerous in summertime, and not what i will receive. "all seasons" if one should be allowed to call them that (which one should not) are winter tires.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:41 PM

Guess we will see if the Goodyears are any better than the bridgestones, switched my car to Michelins and they are awesome for run flats, unfortunately BMW always seems to go for the cheapest tire opion!
Old 04-23-2013, 08:13 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 528xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWDude49120 View Post
Yeah, they come with Goodyear Eagle LS2's, which are rated pretty poorly over at Tire Rack. I plan to give them a try for a little while, but will probably swap them for some better summer performance tires eventually. I have dedicated snow tires I use in the winter, so I really don't want or need all-seasons anyway.
You were able to order your X3 with Summer tires.

I realize that I have a mostly contrarian view, but I have no problem with the all season Goodyears. I Realize there are better all seasons out there, but these tires performed well for us this past winter. We have a 130 foot driveway with a sharp angle and our neighborhood has a large slope in. The X3 performed quite well in snowy conditions all season.
2014 528ix M Sport. Space Gray/Mocha Brown Nappa Leather, Anthracite Wood Trim, ContiProContact SSR RFT's. Packages: ACC Stop & Go + Active Driving Assistant, Driver Assistance, Driver Assistance +, Lighting, Lux & Prem. Options: Paddle Shifters, H-K. S S System, Heated FS's & Power Rear Shade with Man SS's.

2013 X3 28i M Sport. Deep Sea Blue/Sand Beige Nevada Leather, FS Wood Trim, BMW Apps, HG Rails and GY LS All Seasons. Packages: Cold, Conv, DHP, Perform, Prem, Prem Sound and Tech.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:26 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 528xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaland View Post
Noticed they are labeled as "all-season". Is it summer tires or not?

http://www.tirerack.com/survey/Surve...mmentStatus=P#

There is no such thing as an all season tyre (at least where i come from).
There are summer tires and there are winter tires with or without spikes. I hope these non spikes is not what is called "all season" at tirerack, because if it is, they are useless or more correct, flat out dangerous in summertime, and not what i will receive. "all seasons" if one should be allowed to call them that (which one should not) are winter tires.
All season tires perform adequately in the winter and summer. They do not have "spikes"- actually the term is studs and they don't have these. Some winter tires come with studs although they are illegal in some US States since their grip is so harsh they damage roads very easily. Yes, the absolute best performance would be to have 2 sets of tires- one for snowy conditions- winter, one for other seasons- summer.

Living in NJ I've found all seasons to do a very nice job for all my cars for years. We live on a mountain, we drive 60 miles to go skiing and get a great deal of snow some seasons.
2014 528ix M Sport. Space Gray/Mocha Brown Nappa Leather, Anthracite Wood Trim, ContiProContact SSR RFT's. Packages: ACC Stop & Go + Active Driving Assistant, Driver Assistance, Driver Assistance +, Lighting, Lux & Prem. Options: Paddle Shifters, H-K. S S System, Heated FS's & Power Rear Shade with Man SS's.

2013 X3 28i M Sport. Deep Sea Blue/Sand Beige Nevada Leather, FS Wood Trim, BMW Apps, HG Rails and GY LS All Seasons. Packages: Cold, Conv, DHP, Perform, Prem, Prem Sound and Tech.
Old 05-05-2013, 07:52 AM

Update - I picked up my X3 M-Sport yesterday and it came with the Good Year Runflats, they are marked in big letters made in Germany also, so it appears BMW is actually shipping in tires from Germany instead of getting the made in USA ones. So far ride and handling is good - better than the Flintstones (bridgestones) that came on the X5!

Rob
Old 05-08-2013, 07:58 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 Space Metal Gray X3
I am waiting to pick up my X3 in SC next week! We ordered the same color scheme. How does it look in real life? Our local dealership did not have any of the Chestnut / Fineline wave combinations to look at, so all we based our decision on was some samples of leather and color. We are getting very excited!

Last edited by mpabner; 05-08-2013 at 07:59 AM. Reason: Misspelled word
Old 05-08-2013, 10:58 AM
Bimmefest Plasti-Dip Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to Teemo Panda
Mein Auto: E53, E46-M3, E70, F25-X3
The rims and tires should be still the same for both 2013 and 2014 m-sport models
Style 369 love the style and Good Year L2 tires which sucks, its noisy and its a bit unstable in the snow 2-4 inches, feels like the tires are slipping.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpabner View Post
I am waiting to pick up my X3 in SC next week! We ordered the same color scheme. How does it look in real life? Our local dealership did not have any of the Chestnut / Fineline wave combinations to look at, so all we based our decision on was some samples of leather and color. We are getting very excited!
I love the combo - we had Cinnamon in the X5 that this replaced and I like this better, it is more red (more red than I thought it would be based on the samples) and looks great, the fineline wave is nice and dark, so looks good, the lighter wood option would not look good in my book, Aluminium would be the only other option for trim.

You won't be disappointed, very nice especially with the contrast stitching!

Have fun doing your delivery in SC!

Rob
Old 05-08-2013, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwlvr60 View Post
All season tires perform adequately in the winter and summer. They do not have "spikes"- actually the term is studs and they don't have these. Some winter tires come with studs although they are illegal in some US States since their grip is so harsh they damage roads very easily. Yes, the absolute best performance would be to have 2 sets of tires- one for snowy conditions- winter, one for other seasons- summer.

Living in NJ I've found all seasons to do a very nice job for all my cars for years. We live on a mountain, we drive 60 miles to go skiing and get a great deal of snow some seasons.
In summertime with high temperatures "all season" tires are dangerous due to the fact that the rubber gets dangerously soft in comparison to real summertires and extends breaking distance significally.
Itīs a life/death margin i many situasjons.
Old 05-08-2013, 01:52 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 BMW X3 35i M Sport
Pics of my 2014 Carbon Black w/ Chestnut interior and Fineline Wave.
http://s667.photobucket.com/user/scottjays/slideshow/

Quote:
Old 05-08-2013, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadkillrob View Post
I love the combo - we had Cinnamon in the X5 that this replaced and I like this better, it is more red (more red than I thought it would be based on the samples) and looks great, the fineline wave is nice and dark, so looks good, the lighter wood option would not look good in my book, Aluminium would be the only other option for trim.

You won't be disappointed, very nice especially with the contrast stitching!

Have fun doing your delivery in SC!

Rob
We are really looking forward to the pickup in SC! It seems like it will be quite the experience!

Thanks for the reassurance. I hated deciding on a color with a couple of 4X4 samples....
Old 05-08-2013, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjays View Post
Pics of my 2014 Carbon Black w/ Chestnut interior and Fineline Wave.
http://s667.photobucket.com/user/scottjays/slideshow/
That is a beautiful piece of work! Thanks for sharing!
Old 05-09-2013, 06:10 AM

Quote:
That is a beautiful piece of work! Thanks for sharing!
One thing I will point out is that the camera picks up the browns in the wave wood more than your eye, so the brown waves in the wood are not as brown in person unless the sunlight hits it just right.