Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 04-23-2013, 07:13 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 x3 Msport
BMW Assist for MY 2014

I have not been able to get BMW Assist to work on my MY 2014. At first the button would not even connect me with an operator, I kept getting a recorded message saying I was not signed up for the service. I also was not receiving any traffic updates or access to any "Connected Drive" features.

My CA had filled out the form twice to sign me up. When my button finally worked the BMW operator told me I had to visit the dealership for them to investigate the issue. So last Saturday I visited the service department and they were dumb founded to what the issue may be. They filled out my form for the third time and sent it in again. While there the service advisor called them with the SOS button with me in the car trying to get them to get it set up. The BMW operator said they still didn't have any forms and that I needed to wait another 24 hours for it to come through.

So today I tried the SOS button again and got the same BS from the BMW operator. We have not received your forms and you need to visit the dealership. I told her no, she needed to figure out what was wrong. I informed her they filled it out three times and I had done a service visit for this already. So she asked if she could put me on hold and I said please be my guest just don't come back until you have an answer. About 15 minutes later she came back and informed me that none of the MY 2014 cars had been added to their system yet. Until the cars were added they could not process the applications. She said that process should be done in another week.

This is just another example of BMW not doing very well with the 2014 roll out. First no one could find out what was being put on the car and now they are not getting the cars added to the system. One department knew it was an issue, all facets of the business should have known. They need to get that info to the dealerships and operators. I wasted 2 hours on a service appointment on a Saturday and many phone calls and emails because BMW can not communicate between departments.

I know things maybe moving fast for the company, March was their busiest sales month in history, Q 1 the same, but if they don't make sure all of these new customers are enjoying the purchasing experience this current sales success will not lead to repeat purchases and continued growth.
2014 X3 35i. Vermillion Red Metallic, Leather Nevada Mojave, Fineline Wave Wood, M Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Driver Assistance Package with Top View, Dynamic Handling Package, Premium Package, Technology Package, Rear Manual Side Window Shades (for my new little baby girl )

Retired 2008 335 xi
Ads by Google
Old 04-24-2013, 04:27 AM

Mein Auto: '14 X3 35i-M Space Grey
Sorry to hear about the bad luck you are having. I took delivery of my '14 X3 seven days ago today. Dealer filled out the form like they should and I did the registration call from home 3 hours later. No problem. I call BS on them saying '14's arent in the system. Mine works perfectly. In fact the operator acted especially thrilled for me to get one of the first 2014's. One note however: if you signed up for in-vehicle internet connect, that is a brand new feature. The mothership is not yet equipped to do this, so it will not be available until June, however it does not prevent anything else from working.

If memory serves, the bmw-assist is done electronically from the dealer's computer. perhaps there is a fax back-up that they can send the printed form to?
Old 04-24-2013, 04:39 AM

Mein Auto: X3
I have called BMW Assist three times so far. My form was submitted and is in the system but they keep telling me to call back as the 2014's have not been loaded into their database. I'll try again today. The car was picked up April 10.

Update-- called today and still not loaded into system. But the good news is they will call/email me when it is so we can test the system.

Last edited by Jimsan; 04-24-2013 at 07:39 AM. Reason: Update
Old 04-24-2013, 07:56 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 328 xDrive
BMW Assist for MY 2014

When you say BMW assist is not working, does that mean the BMW office or what exactly? I'm picking mine tomorrow and would like to check it while I'm there since my dealership is 3 hours away.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 04-24-2013, 10:14 AM

I'm not familiar with office but nothing works for me in BMW Assist. I'm especially interested in using the iPhone BMW Apps which I think require BMW Assist to be working.

Here's a description of Assist:

http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...t/default.aspx
Old 04-24-2013, 10:43 AM

Mein Auto: X3 28i
I have the BMW apps working on my 2014 X3. Was able to use the web radio app this morning. I couldn't get it to work yesterday but I may have done somethign different today, not sure!
2014 X3 28i - Deep Sea Blue Metallic - Black 'Nevada' Leather - Brushed Aluminum - Cold Weather - Driver Assistance with Top View - Lighting - Premium - Technology - Satin Aluminum Roof rails - Rear manual side window shades
Old 04-24-2013, 01:39 PM

I think it will be an individual thing some before others. Not sure why. Anyway I know they are working on it. Waiting for an email or cell call.
Old 04-25-2013, 04:51 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 X3 M Sport
I picked up my MY2014 x3 yesterday from PCD (prod completed on apr 4th). CA setup Bmwassist on 22nd and gave the password. Called bmwassist from the car (sos) during pcd delivery and able use it rightaway. I am seeing text messages from my galaxy s3. I haven't checked the email feature yet.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Bimmer App
2014 X3 28i[/B] - Alpine White with Black Nevada Leather - Fineline Wave wood - Premium - M Sport - Lighting - Dynamic Handling - Driver Assistance with Top View - Navigation - High gloss Roof rails - Shadowline