Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 04-23-2013, 04:49 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunccfp View Post
Bull**** they are not worth the money. They are worth every penny.
Subjective.

I think they *look* better.

But feeling is even more subjective.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:49 PM
cor door sedan

Mein Auto: 2013 550i xDrive
I'm sitting here chuckling that we are even having another seat discussion. This has been discussed over and over.

The answer to the OP's question is: No, the M Sport package does not come with sport seats or multi-contour seats. The M Sport package comes with standard seats.

Are the standard seats sufficient? It depends on the buyer. Go to the dealership and try them out (be sure to try out the adjustable upper back feature offered by the multi-contour seats because that feature alone makes them worth it to me).

See, when the Government spends money, it creates jobs; whereas when the money is left in the hands of Taxpayers, God only knows what they do with it. Bake it into pies, probably. Anything to avoid creating jobs. - Dave Barry
Old 04-23-2013, 05:55 PM
cor door sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fshxprt View Post
This is the seat on my 2013 550i
The 550 comes with multi-contour seats.

The 528 and 535 come with standard seats, even with the M Sport package. To get the multi-contour seats in the 528 or 535, you have to get the Luxury Seating package.

Getting or not getting M Sport does not itself change the seats you get.

See, when the Government spends money, it creates jobs; whereas when the money is left in the hands of Taxpayers, God only knows what they do with it. Bake it into pies, probably. Anything to avoid creating jobs. - Dave Barry
Old 04-23-2013, 06:26 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Attachment 372834

Fsh

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Nappa leather?

2013 535i M-Sport, Jet Black/Black Nappa Leather-Premium-Technology-Driver's Assistance-Luxury Seat-Soft Close Doors-Premium Sound-Sport Auto Transmission-35% Ceramic Tint.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:34 PM

Mein Auto: 550i
Just got out the window sticker to answer your question.

Yes, that is the black napa leather option.

Also the luxury seating package. This includes front ventilated seats and active front seats.

Also the heated front seat package.

I hopes this helps. ( btw what are active front seats??)

Fsh
Old 04-23-2013, 06:35 PM

Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by cordoor View Post
I'm sitting here chuckling that we are even having another seat discussion. This has been discussed over and over.

The answer to the OP's question is: No, the M Sport package does not come with sport seats or multi-contour seats. The M Sport package comes with standard seats.
I thought in other countries (that is, from the perspective of me = USA), there are actually M-Sport seats (in cloth). See the thread on the Austrian gentleman converting Alcantara to leather.

BMW CCA # 493835
Old 04-23-2013, 06:42 PM
Everything's Bigger in TX

Mein Auto: 2007 MDX
Quote:
Attachment 372834

Fsh

That is the multi contour. And it was not included in the MSport package.

Heaven is where the police are British, the cooks are French, the cars are German, the lovers are Italian and it is all organised by the Swiss.

Hell is where the police are German, the cooks are English, the cars are French, the lovers are Swiss, and it is all organised by the Italians
Old 04-23-2013, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Just got out the window sticker to answer your question.

Yes, that is the black napa leather option.

Also the luxury seating package. This includes front ventilated seats and active front seats.

Also the heated front seat package.

I hopes this helps. ( btw what are active front seats??)

Fsh
Press the little button in front of the two seat memory buttons.

Hang on. Although, it's a slow grope...

Heaven is where the police are British, the cooks are French, the cars are German, the lovers are Italian and it is all organised by the Swiss.

Hell is where the police are German, the cooks are English, the cars are French, the lovers are Swiss, and it is all organised by the Italians
Old 04-23-2013, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindros2 View Post
I thought in other countries (that is, from the perspective of me = USA), there are actually M-Sport seats (in cloth). See the thread on the Austrian gentleman converting Alcantara to leather.
Correct. some of these specifications are the US.

Old 04-23-2013, 07:25 PM
cor door sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindros2 View Post
Yeah. My fault. I was responding from a US perspective.

Old 04-23-2013, 07:25 PM

Mein Auto: See Sig
Quote:
Originally Posted by Needsdecaf View Post
That is the multi contour. And it was not included in the MSport package.
Another reason buying a BMW is so GD confusing. In 2012 the 550 M-Sport package did come with Multi Contour seats. If I were buying a new 2013 I'd live in fear that I would unknowingly leave off an important feature that came with the M-Sport in the past.
2013 BMW 1600 GT---2011 Kawasaki Ninja 1000---2012 Ducati Panigale

Last edited by jjsC6; 04-23-2013 at 08:39 PM.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:44 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 335d
OP: Seat comfort is a very individual experience. Don't take anyone's opinion for more that what it is, their opinion. You must try out the different seats yourself or you could well make a choice that you will regret. Some like the fit and firmness of sport seats, others especially if you weigh more than around 190 lbs., feel the sport seats are uncomfortable. BMW has made some significant changes to their seats with the new models. Don't rely on anyone's advice, go visit your dealer and try out the various seats before you make your decision. Sounds like the F10 seats are much different that those found in the E60 are for some this is a negative, others find the F10 seats to be great. It is a very individual issue.

Colonel (Ret) US Army / Hagerstown, MD
1985 M635 Euro Alpine White/Pacific Blue (Fun Car)FOR SALE(see ad on BMWCCA website)
2010 Z4 s30i Alpine White/Beige
2013 Audi A6 Ibis White/Nougat (Daily Driver)
2013 Audi A4(Ret)
2011 335d (Ret)
2009 335i vert (Ret)/PCD
2007 335i vert (Ret) ED 04-13-10/PCD
2000 740iL (Ret)
1998 328iC (Ret)
1990 535i (Ret)
1988 635CSi (Ret)

https://plus.google.com/photos/10999...COHGu-rlyIrrLg

Last edited by rmorin49; 04-23-2013 at 07:46 PM.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:42 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 550i
The new 2014 M-sport will come with sport seats. take a look at the spy shots:

You can see the sport seats have a higher thigh support.

2011 DGM 550i Sport | Dinan Springs | OEM M5 20" Rims | 25% 3M Tint | JB Stage 1 Beta | OEM M5 Full Exhaust w/ Vibrant Resonators | M5 Rear bumper with reflector delete | M-Sport Front Bumper | Hamann Lip
Old 04-23-2013, 08:47 PM

Sport Seats with the M Sport Package?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthankzbye View Post

Would not assume those would come to US.

Old 04-24-2013, 12:43 AM
Cray

Mein Auto: Porsche Macan S / SD Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by kthankzbye View Post

Doesn't mean they'll be standard. If we get those seats here, they'll surely be Optional, just like the current M.C seats.
2015 Porsche Macan S / SportDesign: White/Black (Alcantara/Leather), PDK, 20" RS Spyder's w/ Colored Crests & Summer Tires, Air Suspension w/ PASM, High-Gloss Black Trim, Premium Package, Comfort Lighting, HD Radio, Blacked Out Sidemarkers, Front Tints.

Recents: '13 BMW 535i M Sport: Black/Black, Premium/Tech, Sport Auto, etc. M-B's: '11/10/06 E350 "Sport". '02 S500 w/ Every Option.

Old 04-24-2013, 07:01 AM

Mein Auto: 2015 535xi 2013 X3 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmorin49 View Post
OP: Seat comfort is a very individual experience. Don't take anyone's opinion for more that what it is, their opinion. You must try out the different seats yourself or you could well make a choice that you will regret. Some like the fit and firmness of sport seats, others especially if you weigh more than around 190 lbs., feel the sport seats are uncomfortable. BMW has made some significant changes to their seats with the new models. Don't rely on anyone's advice, go visit your dealer and try out the various seats before you make your decision. Sounds like the F10 seats are much different that those found in the E60 are for some this is a negative, others find the F10 seats to be great. It is a very individual issue.
That is so true, I find the F10's multi contour seats to be softer than the E60's and the X5's. It seem like BMW design the F10's multi-contour seats to gear more toward luxury instead of sportiness. Chances are, the addition adjustment and padding of the multi-contour seats will fit more body type comfortably. The standard seats in the F10 is very good as it is, but the multi contour seats just take the car into another level of luxury. In my option, beside the powertrain and the steering, the seats in a car is the next most important thing. Its something the driver comes in contact with most and on long trips, the multi contours seats are well worth the price of the admission.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:35 AM

Mein Auto: See Sig
Quote:
Originally Posted by The X Men View Post
That is so true, I find the F10's multi contour seats to be softer than the E60's and the X5's. It seem like BMW design the F10's multi-contour seats to gear more toward luxury instead of sportiness. Chances are, the addition adjustment and padding of the multi-contour seats will fit more body type comfortably. The standard seats in the F10 is very good as it is, but the multi contour seats just take the car into another level of luxury. In my option, beside the powertrain and the steering, the seats in a car is the next most important thing. Its something the driver comes in contact with most and on long trips, the multi contours seats are well worth the price of the admission.
I'm going to take your comments (good ones btw) to an additional level. It doesn't matter how well a car performs, even the most die-hard of us spends most of our time behind the wheel just cruising down the road. No matter how you are driving, you are always sitting in the seats. To me, a car can have a variety of faults that I might be able to live with for a couple of years, but bad seats is not one of them.
2013 BMW 1600 GT---2011 Kawasaki Ninja 1000---2012 Ducati Panigale
Old 04-24-2013, 08:52 AM

Mein Auto: 2015 535xi 2013 X3 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsC6 View Post
I'm going to take your comments (good ones btw) to an additional level. It doesn't matter how well a car performs, even the most die-hard of us spends most of our time behind the wheel just cruising down the road. No matter how you are driving, you are always sitting in the seats. To me, a car can have a variety of faults that I might be able to live with for a couple of years, but bad seats is not one of them.
That is a good point, my wife and I test drove the new Acura RDX a month ago. The car itself was pretty nice, the price was very competitive. It would have been a serious contender for our next car if it wasnt for the passenger seat, I felt like I was sitting on the floor. The passenger seat had no height adjustment and the fix position of the seat was way too low. On top of that, the front seats are very thin, usually that means not enough cushion or the cushion will not last long. The seat bottom was also way too short, no thigh support adjustment and no lumbar support on the passenger side. I dont think I can sit in a car like comfortably, I would say all the other positive attribute of the car goes out the window because of the seats.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:01 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 535i
"Comfort seats with lumbar support" is how the multi countour seats are described on the Track My BMW page, and in a few other places as well. Kind of confusing.

What's really confusing is seeing photos of Euro market sport seats in promotional literature released in the US market where these seats have never been offered. It wouldn't bother me if it was something minor like orange reflectors on the front fenders, but seats are very important and very personal, just like your body's suspension within the car. I'm all for people getting exactly what they wanted and not being disappointed because they ordered the wrong thing by mistake.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:19 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW 550i
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsC6 View Post
Another reason buying a BMW is so GD confusing. In 2012 the 550 M-Sport package did come with Multi Contour seats. If I were buying a new 2013 I'd live in fear that I would unknowingly leave off an important feature that came with the M-Sport in the past.
That's why it took me 2 weeks going back and forth scrutinizing at the 2013 ordering guide to be 100% certain I didn't overlook any option(s) I wanted when ordering our car. You fellow forum members were a great help as well.

Aside from the multi contour seats, they took away DDC and ARS from the M Sport Pack since MY2011 with each subsequent year leaving you with just an appearance package in 2013. Who knows what BMWNA will do with MY 2014.

2013 BMW 550i
Titanium Silver | Black | M Sport

Last edited by Decboy; 04-24-2013 at 09:20 AM.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:42 AM

Mein Auto: LCI 550i Msport
Highly suggest you order the MCS like everyone suggests. They are extremely comfortable and feels a lot nicer than the regular seats. Worth every penny.

Alan

2014 LCI 550i M Sport | 3D Design Front Spoiler | BMW Performance Black Kidney Grills | BMW Performance Trunk Spoiler | BMW Performance Gloss Black Diffuser | Painted Reflectors | Wincos 30% Tint | Supersprint Quad Exhaust | AC Schnitzer Springs | MORR VS8.2 Brushed Finished Wheels 20x10R and 20x9F | Michelin PSS Tires 245/35/20F 285/30/20R | M550d 16mm RSB |||More Photos of my car here|||
Old 04-24-2013, 10:48 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 528xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-A View Post
Doesn't mean they'll be standard. If we get those seats here, they'll surely be Optional, just like the current M.C seats.
When does 2014 begin shipping?
2014 528ix M Sport. Space Gray/Mocha Brown Nappa Leather, Anthracite Wood Trim, ContiProContact SSR RFT's. Packages: ACC Stop & Go + Active Driving Assistant, Driver Assistance, Driver Assistance +, Lighting, Lux & Prem. Options: Paddle Shifters, H-K. S S System, Heated FS's & Power Rear Shade with Man SS's.

2013 X3 28i M Sport. Deep Sea Blue/Sand Beige Nevada Leather, FS Wood Trim, BMW Apps, HG Rails and GY LS All Seasons. Packages: Cold, Conv, DHP, Perform, Prem, Prem Sound and Tech.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:31 AM

Mein Auto: 07 525xi
Yes I have the lux. seat package, I played with all the options for 3 -4 weeks,got it just perfect. Then my wife jumped in and hit m, 1. then fiddled and hit M,1 ! ( TOO EASY!!!)

My old Saab 9 5 , click,click, click , comfy.

But all that aside, we did 1400 miles in 3 days, loved it!!

I love the lumbar support, she loves the active seats. The ventilated seats are wonderful for keeping your back from getting sweaty. The active seats are a very slow moving twin bladder sensation, left , right. I thought it worked best that last 20 min. before we arrived. She liked it more. Claimed it made her hips feel better. The lumbar support is very good, much lower than the 2007, 525 that I had. The nappa leather impeccable .

I have the most perfect automobile for interstate travel in the USA !!!
Old 04-25-2013, 02:47 AM

Mein Auto: 11 550i
multi contour seat = awesome

14 550i Euro Del
14 X3 2.8i
11 550i Euro Del, Retired
08 550i Euro Del, Retired
06 330i Euro Del, Retired
04 545i Euro Del, Retired
01 530i Euro Del, Retired
Old 04-25-2013, 03:38 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 535xi m sport
has there been any other pluses,or minuses, from the 2012 m sport package other then multi contour seats and package price?
on the 12s, it was a $4,800. option.