Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Ask-A-Dealer

Ask-A-Dealer
Talk to our team of BMW Client Advisors. Get all of your buying/financing/leasing questions answered here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #76  
Old 04-24-2013, 12:39 PM
dima123's Avatar
dima123 dima123 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: new york
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 836
Mein Auto: 12 528xi, 12 x5 35d,11 z4
Quote:
Originally Posted by lezam View Post
You didn't add taxes
I know Depending on where you are its still under $400.
__________________
Current cars
SOON to be 2013 AH3
2011 z4 3.0i
2012 x5 35d
2012 528xi

Past rides
2010 BMW 528i
2009 BMW 328xi
2006 Bmw X3
2004 BMW 325i

SOON to be 2013 AH3
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 04-24-2013, 02:28 PM
emPoWaH emPoWaH is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Los Angeles, CA
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 422
Mein Auto: E39
If y'all are open to a floaty Mercedes, you should be able to score a good lease on a 2013 E350 Bluetec. My parents got 17% off MSRP last December on a $59,500 car with 74% residual. That amounts $285/mo + tax, $0 down with max security deposits and auto-pay. There's a $725 acquisition fee and $595 turn-in fee, so after factoring everything in, it's about $370/mo average. 2014s are coming in, so find one while you still can.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 04-24-2013, 02:59 PM
dima123's Avatar
dima123 dima123 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: new york
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 836
Mein Auto: 12 528xi, 12 x5 35d,11 z4
Quote:
Originally Posted by emPoWaH View Post
If y'all are open to a floaty Mercedes, you should be able to score a good lease on a 2013 E350 Bluetec. My parents got 17% off MSRP last December on a $59,500 car with 74% residual. That amounts $285/mo + tax, $0 down with max security deposits and auto-pay. There's a $725 acquisition fee and $595 turn-in fee, so after factoring everything in, it's about $370/mo average. 2014s are coming in, so find one while you still can.
thats with 7.5k a year?? and one pay lease ??
__________________
Current cars
SOON to be 2013 AH3
2011 z4 3.0i
2012 x5 35d
2012 528xi

Past rides
2010 BMW 528i
2009 BMW 328xi
2006 Bmw X3
2004 BMW 325i

SOON to be 2013 AH3
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 04-24-2013, 03:32 PM
emPoWaH emPoWaH is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Los Angeles, CA
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 422
Mein Auto: E39
Quote:
Originally Posted by dima123 View Post
thats with 7.5k a year?? and one pay lease ??
10k/yr, 24 monthly payments of $315 including 9% tax
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 04-24-2013, 10:06 PM
m3m3m3 m3m3m3 is offline
Registered User
Location: CA
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 90
Mein Auto: M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtc100 View Post
European vacation is for us too, the difference is, we can go anywhere, don't have to wait two months for the car to be delivered, and not have to have $3000 tied up in a bank somewhere. So really if ED is your deal, I have a better deal.
I take it you aren't a believer in MSDs?

For others like myself, the experience of driving your car on the autobahn at effectively any speed you feel comfortable with is worth the experience and wait for the car...
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 04-24-2013, 10:20 PM
bayoucity's Avatar
bayoucity bayoucity is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,090
Mein Auto: 2011 335d & 2014 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtc100 View Post
European vacation is for us too, the difference is, we can go anywhere, don't have to wait two months for the car to be delivered, and not have to have $3000 tied up in a bank somewhere. So really if ED is your deal, I have a better deal.
^ Again, ED isn't for you. It's perfectly okay you prefer to driving Hertz rental car, taking tour bus, taxi or train.
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 04-24-2013, 11:43 PM
dtc100 dtc100 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Norcal
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,694
Mein Auto: 2011 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoucity View Post
^ Again, ED isn't for you. It's perfectly okay you prefer to driving Hertz rental car, taking tour bus, taxi or train.
I am actually going to drive a Porsche there
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 04-24-2013, 11:47 PM
dtc100 dtc100 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Norcal
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,694
Mein Auto: 2011 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3m3m3 View Post
I take it you aren't a believer in MSDs?

For others like myself, the experience of driving your car on the autobahn at effectively any speed you feel comfortable with is worth the experience and wait for the car...
Ignoring the cost of an European vacation, and a chunk of money not being accessed for three years, is patently unfair.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 04-25-2013, 04:45 AM
bayoucity's Avatar
bayoucity bayoucity is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,090
Mein Auto: 2011 335d & 2014 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtc100 View Post
I am actually going to drive a Porsche there
So, you are having ED?
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 04-25-2013, 08:26 AM
dtc100 dtc100 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Norcal
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,694
Mein Auto: 2011 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoucity View Post
So, you are having ED?
Still debating. There is no ED invoicing and you pretty much have to pay MSRP to earn that right.

Maybe I will wait until such time Porsche becomes a poor man's Porsche. If anyone is confused by my statement, head over to the F30 forum and check out one of those "poor man's" threads.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 04-25-2013, 08:39 AM
chrischeung chrischeung is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Dallas, TX
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 7,003
Mein Auto: 2012 ActiveHybrid 7 SWB
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtc100 View Post
Still debating. There is no ED invoicing and you pretty much have to pay MSRP to earn that right.
OK - I'm expressing opinion here, and just some food for thought.

Isn't all that matters is the price you pay, and whether you think it's worth it, rather than how much a seller is profiting? If this is a concern, you should probably not even get a Porsche - since their factory gross margins are around 20% - highest in the mass production auto industry. This also applies to BMW in the case of cars like M3, M5, M6 etc., where allocations are limited, and over invoice ED pricing will be higher.

In my mind, I have a desire of getting a 911. Driving it in Germany with my buddies even more so. I'm going to relax that desire due to some pricing structure? It doesn't really gel.
__________________
2012 ActiveHybrid 750i ED

3/12 ED 7 - thread ID 610350
1/11 ED 6 - thread ID 5767556&postcount=175
4/10 ED 5 - thread ID 453501
5/08 ED 4 - thread ID 290679
3/07 ED 3 - thread ID 201013
3/06 ED 2 - thread ID 136454

Last edited by chrischeung; 04-25-2013 at 09:58 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 04-25-2013, 10:52 AM
bayoucity's Avatar
bayoucity bayoucity is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,090
Mein Auto: 2011 335d & 2014 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtc100 View Post
Still debating. There is no ED invoicing and you pretty much have to pay MSRP to earn that right.

Maybe I will wait until such time Porsche becomes a poor man's Porsche. If anyone is confused by my statement, head over to the F30 forum and check out one of those "poor man's" threads.
Congrats! At least you are choosing it over ATS.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 04-25-2013, 10:55 AM
bayoucity's Avatar
bayoucity bayoucity is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,090
Mein Auto: 2011 335d & 2014 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by emPoWaH View Post
If y'all are open to a floaty Mercedes, you should be able to score a good lease on a 2013 E350 Bluetec. My parents got 17% off MSRP last December on a $59,500 car with 74% residual. That amounts $285/mo + tax, $0 down with max security deposits and auto-pay. There's a $725 acquisition fee and $595 turn-in fee, so after factoring everything in, it's about $370/mo average. 2014s are coming in, so find one while you still can.
^ That true. MB is still running 74% RV for 24 months 10k miles. I just confirmed with a local dealer.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 04-25-2013, 12:38 PM
miamiboyca's Avatar
miamiboyca miamiboyca is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Dallas, TX
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,647
Mein Auto: F10 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrischeung View Post

In my mind, I have a desire of getting a 911. Driving it in Germany with my buddies even more so. I'm going to relax that desire due to some pricing structure? It doesn't really gel.
Finally some sanity in this thread rather than mine is bigger than yours.

ED is not for everyone, and how we justify things is as unique as we are. We should just share good deals, not try and prove who's is better.

Except for that guy with the MB, he is just wrong...
__________________
2013 535i Space Grey, Biege, M-SPort, Premium, Tech, Cold Weather, Luxury Seating, PDC, 6MT ED-10/11/2012 - PCD Redelivery-12/14/12

Last edited by miamiboyca; 04-25-2013 at 12:51 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 04-25-2013, 01:10 PM
dtc100 dtc100 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Norcal
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,694
Mein Auto: 2011 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiboyca View Post
Finally some sanity in this thread rather than mine is bigger than yours.

ED is not for everyone, and how we justify things is as unique as we are. We should just share good deals, not try and prove who's is better.

Except for that guy with the MB, he is just wrong...
If you are referring to the MB because of its lack of driving dynamics, compared to BMW, it needs to be pointed out that most of the BMW deals of the year applied to those BMWs that lacked driving dynamics as well
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old 04-25-2013, 01:17 PM
dtc100 dtc100 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Norcal
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,694
Mein Auto: 2011 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrischeung View Post
Isn't all that matters is the price you pay, and whether you think it's worth it, rather than how much a seller is profiting? If this is a concern, you should probably not even get a Porsche - since their factory gross margins are around 20% - highest in the mass production auto industry. This also applies to BMW in the case of cars like M3, M5, M6 etc., where allocations are limited, and over invoice ED pricing will be higher.

In my mind, I have a desire of getting a 911. Driving it in Germany with my buddies even more so. I'm going to relax that desire due to some pricing structure? It doesn't really gel.
Exactly, which makes paying full MSRP for a 911 just for ED less attractive, when you can use the money you save by buying it here, to cover your European vacation, and also to cover a 911 rental there
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 04-25-2013, 01:24 PM
miamiboyca's Avatar
miamiboyca miamiboyca is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Dallas, TX
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,647
Mein Auto: F10 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtc100 View Post
If you are referring to the MB because of its lack of driving dynamics, compared to BMW, it needs to be pointed out that most of the BMW deals of the year applied to those BMWs that lacked driving dynamics as well
No, because its ugly, boring and less refined. The fact that they drive like crap was not even in the equation.
__________________
2013 535i Space Grey, Biege, M-SPort, Premium, Tech, Cold Weather, Luxury Seating, PDC, 6MT ED-10/11/2012 - PCD Redelivery-12/14/12
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 04-25-2013, 01:27 PM
chrischeung chrischeung is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Dallas, TX
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 7,003
Mein Auto: 2012 ActiveHybrid 7 SWB
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtc100 View Post
Exactly, which makes paying full MSRP for a 911 just for ED less attractive, when you can use the money you save by buying it here, to cover your European vacation, and also to cover a 911 rental there
In that case, you may as well consider a used car. If cost is paramount. There are a lot of low mileage used Porsche's out there - even ones just a few months old.

If you can honestly afford a new 911 (I can't), I doubt you're really worried about getting the best value solution. You're more likely wanting a specific experience, than being concerned about the price. This is why you often read about many folks, not the turnarounders, who say they didn't save money doing ED, but rather came out with memorable experiences. It's definitely a "pay to play" scenario.

My buddies flew in from Australia when I did ED in 2010. They're planning on doing the same in 2015. Whether that be a Audi, Benz, BMW, or Porsche. And I didn't subsidize their trips one cent. So for them, it's absolutely got nothing to do with the cost.
__________________
2012 ActiveHybrid 750i ED

3/12 ED 7 - thread ID 610350
1/11 ED 6 - thread ID 5767556&postcount=175
4/10 ED 5 - thread ID 453501
5/08 ED 4 - thread ID 290679
3/07 ED 3 - thread ID 201013
3/06 ED 2 - thread ID 136454

Last edited by chrischeung; 04-25-2013 at 02:30 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 04-25-2013, 01:52 PM
TXPearl's Avatar
TXPearl TXPearl is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Texas
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 504
Mein Auto: 2014 650i Gran Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtc100 View Post
European vacation is for us too, the difference is, we can go anywhere, don't have to wait two months for the car to be delivered, and not have to have $3000 tied up in a bank somewhere. So really if ED is your deal, I have a better deal.
I tend to agree, ED may be a little overrated. Forget payment amount -- ED saves you 7% of MSRP but you lose travel costs and use of vehicle for 1-2 months. Plus you pay a higher MF (+0.0003 I believe), but they do forgive your second lease payment - call that a wash.

On a $50K vehicle, you're working with just $3,500 in savings. Not much when you consider the costs involved. Now if it's a $100K+ vehicle, the savings is $7K plus, so you can absorb more expenses.

I don't fault anyone for doing ED, it's just not automatically a great deal.
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 04-25-2013, 02:45 PM
EuroBay's Avatar
EuroBay EuroBay is offline
European Car Fanatic
Location: Redwood Shores
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 125
Mein Auto: 2009 528i
Arrow Recap of lease deals - April 2013

Hello all,

It's been a few years since I posted. I was looking around to replace my wife's ML 550, as usual up to 6 months in advance, just knowing that these elusive deals are all about timing.

We looked at the following cars:

1. Range Rover Full Size - no deals on this one. Expect to pay full MSRP. 6 month waiting list for the colour combo we wanted. I didn't even bother to run the numbers, no point since you can't lock in anything.

2. Porsche Panamera - I know a dealer in Nor Cal who will do 4K off MSRP - which is pretty darn good, for those you who are familiar with Porche's pricing policy. The only time I was ever offered a Porsche at invoice was during the depths of the recession back in early 2009. Lease comes out to about $1220 per month with minimal out of pocket.

3. Mercedes GL 450 - there is close to zero inventory with this SUV for some odd reason. Maybe they are sending all the cars to Russia or India, where I understand people do not haggle over this prestige car. No special deals of any sort - expect to pay close to $1000 per month for 36 months with minimal money down.

4. Finally - this is what we ended up doing. We were also looking at the X5M. I contacted Greg Poland yet again, I keep pinging him on and off about deals. He made an offer on a 2013 BMW 740Li, that I simply could not refuse. I won't reveal the full details on here but my suggestion is to ping him ASAP if you have the least bit of interest - before the end of the month. PM me for details.

Greg - once again - you rock. Oh wait, you rule.
__________________
2013 BMW 740Li ZMP 2AH (current)
2012 BMW 740i ZPP ZCW RSS ZPS (current)
2009 BMW 528i ZPP M-Sport NAV (former)
2006 BMW 525i ZPP ZCW ZSP NAV PDC (former)
2006 Range Rover HSE (former)
2006 BMW X3 3.0i ZPP ZCW ZSP PDC (former)
2003 Audi A4 1.8T (former)
2001 Range Rover 4.6 HSE (former)
2000 Audi A6 2.7T (former)
2000 Audi S4 (former)
1999 Audi A4 1.8T (former)
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 04-25-2013, 02:53 PM
bayoucity's Avatar
bayoucity bayoucity is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,090
Mein Auto: 2011 335d & 2014 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXPearl View Post
I tend to agree, ED may be a little overrated. Forget payment amount -- ED saves you 7% of MSRP but you lose travel costs and use of vehicle for 1-2 months. ...
I'm unsure about others, but I tend to cash in frequent flyer milages for airfares & redeeming my hhonors points for accommodations. The last ED trip only cost me tolls, diesel, & dining. In addition, I'm saving 15 days worth of rental car expense. I always have 3 cars laying around in my garage & I like picking up my ED vehicle at Performance Center ( BMW pays for 1 night of hotel, food & driving school).

ED for me has never been about inconvenient rather an unique experience.
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 04-25-2013, 02:54 PM
bayoucity's Avatar
bayoucity bayoucity is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,090
Mein Auto: 2011 335d & 2014 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrischeung View Post
...
My buddies flew in from Australia when I did ED in 2010. They're planning on doing the same in 2015. Whether that be a Audi, Benz, BMW, or Porsche. And I didn't subsidize their trips one cent. So for them, it's absolutely got nothing to do with the cost.
Chris, I didn't mean to be nosey. You from downunder?
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 04-25-2013, 02:57 PM
alex2364 alex2364 is offline
Registered User
Location: Northern VA
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 93
Mein Auto: E90 335i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXPearl View Post
On a $50K vehicle, you're working with just $3,500 in savings. Not much when you consider the costs involved. Now if it's a $100K+ vehicle, the savings is $7K plus, so you can absorb more expenses.
It's not even $3.5k on a $50k car. I did calculations on a $53k 328i and the difference was $2.6k. Flight alone is ~$1k per person so you'll be lucky to save $1k after everything is said and done.
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 04-25-2013, 03:27 PM
dtc100 dtc100 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Norcal
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,694
Mein Auto: 2011 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiboyca View Post
No, because its ugly, boring and less refined. The fact that they drive like crap was not even in the equation.
I happen to think the new E and CLA are better looking than the BMW counterparts, namely 5 and 1.
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 04-25-2013, 03:30 PM
dtc100 dtc100 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Norcal
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,694
Mein Auto: 2011 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrischeung View Post
In that case, you may as well consider a used car. If cost is paramount. There are a lot of low mileage used Porsche's out there - even ones just a few months old.
I thought we are talking leasing here.

Now people seem to say ED is about the experience, not saving money, to that I agree, but then don't use ED deals to demonstrate what a good deal is like, can't have it both ways.

If one plans an European vacation already and the ED happens at the same time, no question it is a good deal.

Last edited by dtc100; 04-25-2013 at 03:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Ask-A-Dealer
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms