Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > General Automotive Forum

General Automotive Forum
All non-BMW car talk goes here...

Old 04-11-2013, 08:58 AM
The Entertainment Guru

Send a message via Yahoo to TXSTYLE
Mein Auto: 750i (F01)
One thing is certain.... It WILL sale!

BigMarcus ~ EVO 4G LTE
Old 04-11-2013, 09:22 AM
Not Wearing Pants

Mein Auto: Moped
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post

BigMarcus ~ EVO 4G LTE
Sure. Different priorities. I am baffled how the IS sells but yet admin assistants everywhere really embrace it. But Lexus tapped a market...
Old 04-11-2013, 09:25 AM
Not Wearing Pants

Mein Auto: Moped
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightmareuki View Post
only vq37 is 'harsh", the 30 and 35 were never harsh.
i blame the 7800 redline for harshness, but i love high revving engines.
Yes the VQ 30 was damned nice. Really smooth engine. Always felt the 35 and especially the 37 got really bad in the upper rev range. BMW's N20 is almost as bad but that engine also sounds pretty bad in a parking garage at idle too!

N55 is smooth but has a narrow rev range. I miss my old ZHP's engine the most...smooth as silk and sounded sensational.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:45 AM

Mein Auto: 2008 G35x
Quote:

BigMarcus ~ EVO 4G LTE
Hey did you use to hangout on my350z.com ?
Old 04-12-2013, 01:08 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: German
Quote:

BigMarcus ~ EVO 4G LTE
I'm sure it will, especially with Infiniti practically giving them away, like they have been recently. You can lease one for cheaper than an Accord. Why wouldn't someone lease an Infiniti at that point?
Old 04-13-2013, 06:58 PM
"Clunker" *****

Mein Auto: 1999 BMW 528A--165K
Quote:
Originally Posted by metrathon View Post
http://www.autoblog.com/2013/03/27/2...ing/#continued

Q50 Premium 3.7-liter V6 / 7AT / RWD $39,300 USD

Should I compare it with a $39,300's 328i? Better not :d
No way to compare the 2. totally different cars. Your choice.
Old 04-21-2013, 04:46 PM

Mein Auto: assorted awesomeness
Looks like the manual transmission option is completely gone. Ah well. I only ever saw one G sedan with a manual, anyway. Drove it but didn't buy.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:04 PM
BIG D BIMMERS

Mein Auto: '13 535i MSPORT,'10 E93
I love mine and no complaints so far(knocking on wood)! I'm curious to see if the Q is quieter though.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:20 AM
Rolling Coal in the SAV

Mein Auto: '12 X5 35D, '07 550i
Took advantage of the very aggressive lease deals on the 2013s and sold my 08 G35S yesterday. Got some equity out of the car as well which we can stick in savings or the college fund. I'll miss the 6 speed manual, but I think the family will enjoy the new '13 G37xS AWD even more, especially once the snow comes around. Hard to believe I just got a 47k car for 300 bucks a month.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:40 AM

^ And this is exactly Infiniti is a joke. They can't move inventory without resorting to dirt cheap lease deals. Hell, you can't even finance an Accord for $300 a month. You get basically nothing for that much cash. It's ridiculous how cheap they're willing to sell their cars for.

I hope it comes back to bite them in the ass when they aren't worth their inflated residuals, when everyone turns them in.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:42 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoUnion View Post
^ And this is exactly Infiniti is a joke. They can't move inventory without resorting to dirt cheap lease deals. Hell, you can't even finance an Accord for $300 a month. You get basically nothing for that much cash. It's ridiculous how cheap they're willing to sell their cars for.

I hope it comes back to bite them in the ass when they aren't worth their inflated residuals, when everyone turns them in.
Huh? You realize that they want to get rid of their inventory because of a redesign... right?

That's what this thread is about... the redesign.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaxComb View Post
Huh? You realize that they want to get rid of their inventory because of a redesign... right?
Except it's not just the current G that they're selling for dirt cheap. I can get into a fully loaded M37xS for a little more than a G lease these days. That is pathetic.

I'm sure Infiniti will start leasing the new G (Q50) for next to nothing soon enough.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:55 AM

Wow. Hating on a company because they have cheap leases. They can't be good cars unless they charge a lot more!!! Last time I looked the 328 was leased by 61% and the G was leased by 63%.

Last edited by buzzdsm; 04-24-2013 at 11:58 AM.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzdsm View Post
Wow. Hating on a company because they have cheap leases.
Hardly. I have a laundry list of reasons to not like Infiniti, but that's beside the point. They can't sell without resorting to cheap leases.

They tried pricing the current M sedan at a higher level and look what happened. Complete failure and they've resorting to leasing them for a little more than a G Sedan.

some statistics

Infiniti's lease penetration rate is the highest in the segment

and they resort to using the most incentives (Lincoln, Jag don't sell enough to be considered) to move product also

They spent an average of ~$5k on a car in '12

http://automotivedigest.com/wp-conte...hite-Paper.pdf

Last edited by AutoUnion; 04-24-2013 at 12:07 PM.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:18 PM

So I assume that you think Volvo and Cadillac have better cars than BMW because they have lower lease penetration rates? Is Land Rover better than Lexus because their incentive spending is lower?

I agree that Infiniti has some work to do. With that said, I'd be happy to pick up a used M56 for a low price.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:31 PM

Mein Auto: X3
Quote:
Except it's not just the current G that they're selling for dirt cheap. I can get into a fully loaded M37xS for a little more than a G lease these days. That is pathetic.

I'm sure Infiniti will start leasing the new G (Q50) for next to nothing soon enough.
and that is bad why? if you want you can pay extra every month too feel better about yourself......
Old 04-24-2013, 01:49 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 535i
Quote:

I also should have mentioned that the entire Infiniti line is getting renamed to Q something. Everything is getting discounted because of that because they don't want any new car stock on the old naming scheme.

With that in mind, the discounts still make sense because they want to get rid of their entire new car inventory before the name change makes it harder to sell those cars.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:12 PM
Dark Knight

Mein Auto: '13 BMW 535i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightmareuki View Post
and that is bad why? if you want you can pay extra every month too feel better about yourself......
It basically devalues what Infiniti tries to pass off as a premium/prestigious car. Great deals for the consumer but a car is simply worth what the manufacturer will sell it for.

Ex M-B's: '11/'10/'06 E350's w/ AMG Sport Package, '02 S500 w/ Every Option.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaxComb View Post
I also should have mentioned that the entire Infiniti line is getting renamed to Q something. Everything is getting discounted because of that because they don't want any new car stock on the old naming scheme.
Lame excuse. They were discounting the G way before the new naming scheme even came around. Even before Audi's CEO took over Infiniti
Old 04-25-2013, 12:36 AM
Rolling Coal in the SAV

The last G I leased was 500 bucks a month in 2008. The one before that was 350 in 2004. And I put the same amount down on both of them that I did this one. They have good deals now, but they are also the best deals they have ever been because the car is about to be completely replaced. If you talk to the dealers and ask them about their used car market (which is very strong because the vehicles are a luxury sport vehicle that actually last with minimal maintenance over 100k, ahem) you will note that there was/is a shortage of vehicles coming off lease because the original owners were buying them out and keeping them due to their reliability and enjoyability to own. Not just inflated residuals, it is what they are worth. This resulted in a shortage of cars (mainly Gs) that the dealers couldn't get their hands on as slightly used vehicles to CPO. They would go to auction and the selection was small, and the ones that were there, were selling for ridiculously high values that by the time they shipped them back, the car would be 3k more than its worth just to break even. Infiniti realized this and pushed some incentives to start getting more new vehicles out the door vs used. The brand also needs to get their name out there more, and it is working. How else are you going to establish yourself when half the time people that come into the dealership hadn't ever even heard of the brand? I attribute some of this to marketing as the brand mainly relies on the vehicles to sell themselves (which they do in most cases.)

I just get tired of this mentality and I mainly get it from my fellow BMW drivers more than any other brand. I own 2 BMWs and 1 Infiniti. The Infiniti has had less issues in 65k than either of the BMWs have had in 15k or less... It is a good thing that I don't stick that high on my priority list when buying. I like each of the vehicles for different reasons but if im keeping one for the long run, it certainly won't be the one that needs a software update every 5k miles..
Old 04-25-2013, 06:30 AM
The Entertainment Guru

Send a message via Yahoo to TXSTYLE
Mein Auto: 750i (F01)
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-A View Post
It basically devalues what Infiniti tries to pass off as a premium/prestigious car. Great deals for the consumer but a car is simply worth what the manufacturer will sell it for.
Disagree!

A car is worth the "demand" or what consumers are willing to pay.

BigMarcus ~ EVO 4G LTE
Old 04-25-2013, 04:24 PM
Dark Knight

Mein Auto: '13 BMW 535i M Sport
Quote:

BigMarcus ~ EVO 4G LTE
Isn't that the same thing.

If an Infiniti is leasing for the same as an Accord.... then people are willing to pay as much as an Accord, for example. Premium brands can market their cars as "luxury cars" all they want, but if they have to make it so that their deals are akin to dumpster diving to get into one, then they clearly aren't exuding that "Premium Brand" status in an utmost way, at least not when it comes to matching their quota needed of cars on the road.

Again, those who don't care, know that they're getting an incredible value because what goes into an Infiniti is much better than an Accord, and nothing wrong with that. I'm talking about the "status factor" of the brand itself, when they have to resort to these types of tricks to move units.

Ex M-B's: '11/'10/'06 E350's w/ AMG Sport Package, '02 S500 w/ Every Option.
Old 04-25-2013, 04:38 PM

Quote:

BigMarcus ~ EVO 4G LTE
Yup, lackluster demand prompts Infiniti to practically give them away for less than Accords. And that's basically how much Infiniti customers are willing to pay
Old 04-26-2013, 12:28 PM

Mein Auto: X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-A View Post
Isn't that the same thing.

If an Infiniti is leasing for the same as an Accord.... then people are willing to pay as much as an Accord, for example. Premium brands can market their cars as "luxury cars" all they want, but if they have to make it so that their deals are akin to dumpster diving to get into one, then they clearly aren't exuding that "Premium Brand" status in an utmost way, at least not when it comes to matching their quota needed of cars on the road.

Again, those who don't care, know that they're getting an incredible value because what goes into an Infiniti is much better than an Accord, and nothing wrong with that. I'm talking about the "status factor" of the brand itself, when they have to resort to these types of tricks to move units.
so unless its not expensive its not good? therefore if its expensive its better?
Old 04-29-2013, 11:33 AM
Rolling Coal in the SAV

Ending up picking up the '13 G37xS. Loving the color and the car. The 7AT is very smooth and the updated tech is nice. Family is going to love this car. It matches the AW X5 in the garage. Time to trade in the 550i and get a white E60. I will miss the 6MT in the 2008 though. That was a very fun car to flick through the corners.