Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 1 Series / 2 Series > E82 / E88 1 Series (2008 - 2013)

E82 / E88 1 Series (2008 - 2013)
BMWs throw back to the iconic 2002, with a renewed form and function. The smallest car in BMW's line up but still packs a punch. Available in coupe or convertible, powered by either an inline 6 in the 128 or the twin turbo rocket sled 135.

Old 04-26-2013, 12:06 PM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: 2012 BMW 128i Convertible
Comfort Access Door Lock Problem

Suddenly I can no longer open the door locks on my 2012 128i convertible simply by touching the door handle. I have to take out the fob and hit the open button. Oddly, I can still lock the doors and even start the car with the fob in my pocket. I've tried reading the online manual to see if maybe somehow I inadvertently changed the settings through the turn signal controls, but the damned manual doesn't even show the type of system I have - only the IDrive and something else that looks nothing like the stupid pictograms that come up when I play with the steering wheel stalk.

Anybody else encounter this problem? Could it be a bad battery in the keyfob? If not, can someone please tell me how to go through the settings on the steering wheel stalk? I went to the key picture, went into the settings there and I think tried every combination with no success. My dealership is more than an hour away. Even though I'm still under warranty I'd rather avoid a long trip if it's something silly. I love Comfort Access and have become rather spoiled by it and need it back.
2012 BMW 128i Convertible (red)
2013 MINI Cooper Coupe (red)
2014 Ford Fusion (grey)
Advertisement
Old 04-26-2013, 03:00 PM

Mein Auto: 128I
Comfort Access Door Lock Problem

First I'd try replacing the battery. It's just a watch battery and easily replaced by user.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app