Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 F15 (2014 - Current)

X5 F15 (2014 - Current)
The all new F15 BMW X5 started production August 2013 as a 2014 model year. The new X5 arrives in sDrive35i (RWD), xDrive35i, xDrive50i and a diesel xDrive 35d.

Old 04-23-2013, 11:20 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 Acura RL
Unhappy Adaptive Cruise Control

I currently have a 2006 Acrua Rl which has adaptive cruise control and I absolutely love it. I've been looking at an X3 on which I can option adaptive cruise control, but am thinking about purchasing an X5. However, I will not purchase a vehicle without the adaptive cruise control and it appears that, for some unknown reason, it's not an option for the 2013 X5. Does anyone know whether it will be available in the 2014 X5? I'd hate to purchase the X3 if I can get it on a 14 X5.
Advertisement
Old 04-23-2013, 01:26 PM

Mein Auto: 09 Nissan Frontier
When I last checked, the gasser had the adaptive cruise as an option, but the diesel did not. Never could figure out why the D did not offer it.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:52 AM

What's really interesting is that the premium X5 has adaptive cruise control as an option, but the base X5 does not. Why wouldn't BMW provide this as an option on all of their X5 models. That must doesn't make any sense--particularly as this is a safety option.
Old 04-28-2013, 07:24 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: A box with 4 circles
Adaptive cruise control at this point in time is not a safety option. Its a convenience but not a thorough safety option. The acura system i believe you have is the pre-stop and go option (lowest speed is <20 mph same one in the current MDX). You can step up to the premium for that, but I don`t remember if its the active cruise control with the stop-and-go option or just active cruise control. If its the latter then the system is the exact one as your acura.

My 2 cents, if you can sacrifice the BMW driving dynamics, and want the tech, shop for either an MDX with advance package (includes the active stop and go, reactive dampers,) or (this is softer more family oriented vehicle) the Infiniti JX. The JX is really appealing from a tech standpoint, and is a great stop and go kind of xover.

infinti jx safety tech straight from their website is mind boggling (for a price point too).

Intelligent Cruise Control (Full-Speed Range)
Intelligent Brake Assist (IBA) with Forward Collision Warning (FCW)
Blind Spot Warning (BSW)
Back-Up Collision Intervention (BCI)
Distance Control Assist (DCA)
Active Trace Control
Lane Departure Warning (LDW) and Lane Departure Prevention (LDP)
Blind Spot Warning (BSW) and Blind Spot Intervention™ (BSI®) systems
Around View® Monitor[*] with Moving Object Detection and Front and Rear Sonar System

Why does this matter?
CAUSE EVERY TIME someone says Lexus has better build quality, one should consider what Toyota their Lexus Engine and chassis platform comes out of and how long that part has been tested in the real world!
Old 04-30-2013, 09:12 AM

Thank you your reply to my post. On long, boring US Interstate trips, I believe that ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) adds much to the drive's safety, but you're correct, strictly speaking it isn't a standard safety feature My 2006 RL has what you referred to as the "premium" ACC and I would not own a vehicle without it. You made a very good point about the Infiniti JX, so I'm going down to my local Infiniti dealer for a test drive .
Old 04-30-2013, 03:53 PM

Just dont drive the JX right after you test a BMW. :P

Why does this matter?
CAUSE EVERY TIME someone says Lexus has better build quality, one should consider what Toyota their Lexus Engine and chassis platform comes out of and how long that part has been tested in the real world!
Old 05-02-2013, 11:17 AM

YEA! The decision has been made!!!!! Awaiting the ability to order my new 2014 M5
Old 05-02-2013, 03:27 PM

Wow congrats!

From base X5 to the high flying M5. Whats the spec sheet going to look like?

Why does this matter?
Old 05-08-2013, 06:27 AM

Probably everything but cold weather package.