Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 04-29-2013, 03:52 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW 328i
A short answer to the OP - I see where you felt the BMW dealer should have gone deeper to keep you pleased. My last two cars were both Lexus. If you have not owned a Lexus, I urge you to do so. Believe me, there is absolutely nothing Lexus dealers will not do in order to keep the owner of a car happy.

Never mind about the disappointment in how the cars drive, compared to the Bimmer. If you can overcome their cars, that, my friend, is the way to go for your next purchase.

As far as your experience with the navigation, I feel for you. Since I don't have to use mine, the very first time I did, I entered the name of a restaurant and specific name of city. It couldn't find it, next thing I know it's searching for the restaurant 250 miles from here in Houston and then in another state. So much for that! But that's not as bad as the nav in the Lexus GS350 I had, however, that's a story for another day!

I'm waiting for the day when automakers wise-up and deliver their cars with a minimum of nav and other electronics. Instead, they will provide for a way to have multi-brand tablet connectivity, including whatever maps, nav, etc the tablet and it's phone function provides. That way, we'll have someone else to bitch to and won't have to put-up with BMW fan boys! (;-

Last edited by HugH; 04-29-2013 at 04:16 PM.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:38 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 328xi
I totally hear the OP on the navigation system, which is GARBAGE. They should be embarrassed to charge 2K for a piece of junk. The map graphics look like they came out of Space Invaders. Forget the Garmin, The New Free Google Maps App, which has turn by turn voice directions, on my Iphone does a much better job of getting me to where I want to go, than the Navigation System.

BMW really should license google maps and use it in their navigation system.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:04 PM
///M Sport

Mein Auto: 2013 328i EBII M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyal View Post
I totally hear the OP on the navigation system, which is GARBAGE. They should be embarrassed to charge 2K for a piece of junk. The map graphics look like they came out of Space Invaders. Forget the Garmin, The New Free Google Maps App, which has turn by turn voice directions, on my Iphone does a much better job of getting me to where I want to go, than the Navigation System.

I suspect BMW Apps will integrate Apple Maps. An updated Siri version should be released @ WWDC this June that will blow Google Maps away.

2013 Estoril Blue 328i M Sport: Premium, Technology, & Lighting PKG, HK Audio, PDC >Backup Camera, Paddle Shifters, Heated Leather Sport Seats

Last edited by Pappy Pipes; 04-29-2013 at 10:06 PM.
Old 04-30-2013, 12:00 AM

Mein Auto: 335i Sedan
Follow up. The BMW Assist was set up at the dealership.

I was told that the dealership did take care of "their" tires. That's why I went there. New car a tire that is also new to me. After reading this and other forums I am much wiser. I took the car/tire into Les Swabs, no questions, just took it off removed the nail and patched it. $13. Now if this had been the first info that I got, things would have been smoother to say the least. I guess the issue is that BMW in Vegas and here, said "It has to be replaced" Continental's no road hazard on a new tire to me is unacceptable.

We all choose how to spend our money, to some people $1000 is a lot of money to others its petty cash. When you feel cheated, you react usually negatively. Reading this forum points out that there are a number of issues that people aren't happy with BMW for one reason or another. Are we right, our perception is our reality. Should BMW pay attention, IMO only if they want repeat customers.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:05 AM
unbekannt

Mein Auto: 750Li Hi-Sec, '13 Actros
did your dealer not offer you tire insurance when you purchased? (this is additional tire insurance, not the normal 50k mi warranty for the whole car). It will replace any damage to your tires/wheels at no cost. I opted for it with my last car and never had a problem so I lost 1100. With my current I opted out of it and still havent had a problem; if you trash one tire/wheel it will be roughly the cost or less than the cost of the entire insurance, so unless you plan on trashing more than one wheel or you go through wheels fast, imo it's not that great of a deal.

Also the NAV is what I consider a stupid gimmick and shouldn't even be in a BMW, they are performance cars, I never had a NAV/garmin/whatever and never had a problem finding where I needed to go. Hard to see how you only complain about this one nail, when you probably didnt get the insurance, and then complain about the NAV not being able to walk you through backroads and the person who took your phonecall, but absolutely no mention of how the car drived or how fun it might have been to drive. Do you even care about that, or just about someone being pleasant on the phone and a device to tell you where to go cause you are too lazy to figure it out yourself.
Old 05-01-2013, 05:11 AM

Mein Auto: F30 '13 328i xDrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLC View Post
Have you tried using the bmw remote app to send addresses to your phone? It uses google maps.
This is the best way to do it. Works perfectly.
Old 05-01-2013, 06:45 AM

Send a message via AIM to vern
Mein Auto: 01 330ci 05 530i 06 X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitzerwm View Post
UPDATE:

For those of you that feel that I'm "bitch, bitch, should suck it up and shut up", The title of the thread is "An Open Letter to BMW" It has nothing to do with you, and frankly, if you are happy, I could care less your thoughts about your car or about me.
Must have hit a sore spot. Key word " research ". Better luck next time in whatever you buy. Good luck
cheers
vern
2012 335iA Blk. Sapphire- Sport-Blk. Dakota Leather/Red-Brushed Alum.Trim-DAP-PP-CWP Rear View Camera-BMW Asst w/Enhanced BT&USB-High Gloss Blk.Trim Hghight-PSP-Speed Limit Info-Tech. Pkg-PDC-Rear Manual Sun Shades-SAT-Variable Sport Steering-Wheel Locks- Rubber Mats-Euro Del 5/14/12-Redelivery 7/16/12 2006 X3 3.0iA 4/6 Silver Gray Metallic-Black Leather-Nav-PP-SP-Xenon Headlights-PDC-Heated Front Seats-Privacy Glass-Servotronic Steering-Premium Sound System-R R R- Wheel Locks- Rubber Mats
Old 05-01-2013, 11:39 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 328xi Lux Line
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyal View Post

And with enhanced blue tooth the directions are read over your speakers!!
Old 05-01-2013, 12:10 PM
///M Sport

Open letters serve a purpose but aren't a means to an end. Closed letters usually precede them. Did you write a letter to the dealer's Service and/or Sales Manager first, or to your Advisors? People may or may not sympathize with you on this forum but you'll get no action or results here, just an education.

When I discovered rusty seats 2 days after delivery -- and found Rusnak BMW and BMW/NA's reaction to my dilemma callous -- I composed a letter to Ludwig Willisch, BMW's CEO, and demanded the seats get replaced ASAP. New seats were installed last week thanks to Mr. Willisch's intervention. BMW is a bureaucracy and dealing with bureaucrats can be frustrating. But BMW does deliver ultimate driving machines. I still can't believe how well my car performs! First thing I did after buying my car was drive to Discount Tires and purchase RF insurance for all 4 tires. Cost $156 bucks! Researched it first on Bimmerpost and F30 Post. Good luck.

2013 Estoril Blue 328i M Sport: Premium, Technology, & Lighting PKG, HK Audio, PDC >Backup Camera, Paddle Shifters, Heated Leather Sport Seats

Last edited by Pappy Pipes; 05-01-2013 at 12:16 PM.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:28 PM

Mein Auto: a car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Pipes View Post
Open letters serve a purpose but aren't a means to an end. Closed letters usually precede them. Did you write a letter to the dealer's Service and/or Sales Manager first, or to your Advisors? People may or may not sympathize with you on this forum but you'll get no action or results here, just an education.

When I discovered rusty seats 2 days after delivery -- and found Rusnak BMW and BMW/NA's reaction to my dilemma callous -- I composed a letter to Ludwig Willisch, BMW's CEO, and demanded the seats get replaced ASAP. New seats were installed last week thanks to Mr. Willisch's intervention. BMW is a bureaucracy and dealing with bureaucrats can be frustrating. But BMW does deliver ultimate driving machines. I still can't believe how well my car performs! First thing I did after buying my car was drive to Discount Tires and purchase RF insurance for all 4 tires. Cost $156 bucks! Researched it first on Bimmerpost and F30 Post. Good luck.
Is this the Discount Tires RF insurance?
http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/infoCertificate.dos

Can it be purchased on tires I did not buy from Discount Tires?

Thanks.

2013 328i Sedan | ULEV N20 | M Sport Line | Estoril Blue II | Black Dakota Leather | Premium Package |
Technology Package | Driver Assistance Package | Dynamic Handling Package | Lighting Package |
Harmon Kardon Surround Sound | Sport Automatic Transmission with Shift Paddles | Anti Theft Alarm |
Port install: BMW M Performance Exhaust |
Old 05-01-2013, 12:31 PM
///M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkapdolee View Post

Thanks.
Yes and yes!

Old 05-01-2013, 12:37 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 328xi Sport line
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkapdolee View Post

Thanks.
Not good for the NorthEast though. No stores east of Ohio or north of North Carolina. That figures.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:55 PM

Mein Auto: a car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Pipes View Post
Yes and yes!
Nice! Thanks a lot for the info!
I'm gunna go to discount tires today.

2013 328i Sedan | ULEV N20 | M Sport Line | Estoril Blue II | Black Dakota Leather | Premium Package |
Technology Package | Driver Assistance Package | Dynamic Handling Package | Lighting Package |
Harmon Kardon Surround Sound | Sport Automatic Transmission with Shift Paddles | Anti Theft Alarm |
Port install: BMW M Performance Exhaust |
Old 05-01-2013, 01:17 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 328 xdrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnuf View Post
And with enhanced blue tooth the directions are read over your speakers!!
without enhanced blue tooth the directions are read over your speakers as well