Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F36 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F36 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old 04-30-2013, 08:21 AM
CALWATERBOY's Avatar
CALWATERBOY CALWATERBOY is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: San Francisco
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 10,007
Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim330i View Post
BMW owners are already considered jerks, we don't need another thing to piss off other drivers with. I've never seen anyone in the US using their rear fogs correctly.

Oh, the guilt....the self effacement!

Name:  cry smiley.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  1.7 KB

Poor, poor BMW drivers are much maligned, evidently, and must display humility more than most. Certainly more than Porsche pilots, who are above it all. More than in-yer-face Yuppie Mercedes persons, and much more than just-barely-a-cut-below Audi folk.

But with the power of JB4 I gotta one finger salute to that! Yessir, I make no apologies and, hey, too bad if ya can't go around a corner. Secretly, I yearn for Corvette.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04-30-2013, 08:27 AM
CALWATERBOY's Avatar
CALWATERBOY CALWATERBOY is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: San Francisco
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 10,007
Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
Because it's really annoying when people turn them on when there is no fog. Ran into a C300 that had it on tonight. It was annoying as hell driving behind him.

Hmmmmm.....could that have been the point?
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 04-30-2013, 09:38 AM
jlukja jlukja is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Long Beach, CA
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 844
Mein Auto: '13 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALWATERBOY View Post
Oh, the guilt....the self effacement!

Attachment 373982

Poor, poor BMW drivers are much maligned, evidently, and must display humility more than most. Certainly more than Porsche pilots, who are above it all. More than in-yer-face Yuppie Mercedes persons, and much more than just-barely-a-cut-below Audi folk.

But with the power of JB4 I gotta one finger salute to that! Yessir, I make no apologies and, hey, too bad if ya can't go around a corner. Secretly, I yearn for Corvette.
LOL

CAL, your posts are entertaining.
__________________
MY2013 328i, N26 / 300 / 4CG / KCDF / 2DW / 205 / ZDH / 302 / 3DZ / 403 / 494
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 04-30-2013, 06:15 PM
The HACK's Avatar
The HACK The HACK is offline
Rest in peace, Coach
Location: People's Republic of United States
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 9,106
Mein Auto: '06 MZ4C, '09 WRX Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by SergioK View Post
In what module is the coding for the rear foglights located on the F30?
Oh, you're going to be one of THOSE guys huh?
__________________
Quote:
"Bench racing" about track times driven by professionals are like a bunch of nerds arguing which Princess Leia is hotter, the slave Leia or the no-bra jail-bait Leia. No matter how compelling your argument is, the plain and simple fact is, none of you will EVER get to hit that.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 04-30-2013, 06:26 PM
SergioK's Avatar
SergioK SergioK is offline
Donkeybike?
Location: N35 29.359 W119 32.670
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 3,678
Mein Auto: HP2Sport - R1200GS - F30
Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
Oh, you're going to be one of THOSE guys huh?
I'll only turn them on when there's no fog or rain, and a Hyundai is behind me.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 04-30-2013, 07:08 PM
-=Hot|Ice=-'s Avatar
-=Hot|Ice=- -=Hot|Ice=- is offline
Re-Badged
Location: MD
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,830
Mein Auto: 2015 C63 AMG S
Quote:
Originally Posted by terryn View Post
No Argument that they should only be used in the right conditions. The question is do you take something away from everyone because some people are too stupid to use it properly.

I'd prefer it if they just ticketed people for driving with them when it was clear.
Yes, because people in this area in general are too stupid and think they're being 'safe' when they're really not.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainAudio
In the words of one of Bimmerfest's greatest minds:"Been there, done that"
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
Half the fun of succeeding in life is fighting the fight and making it.

Last edited by -=Hot|Ice=-; 04-30-2013 at 07:11 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 04-30-2013, 07:10 PM
thegandalf thegandalf is offline
Liked when BMW was in F1
Location: GA
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 837
Mein Auto: 2013 AH3 Lux Line
Yup. You would make a fine moderator
__________________

Current car: BMW AH3 2013 - Black Sapphire-Saddle brown-ZLL-ZPP-ZTP-ZDA-HK
also 2012 Odyssey.


Past cars: Civic, Mazda6, Accord coupe, Accord Sedan.
BMW CCA Member
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 04-30-2013, 07:10 PM
-=Hot|Ice=-'s Avatar
-=Hot|Ice=- -=Hot|Ice=- is offline
Re-Badged
Location: MD
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,830
Mein Auto: 2015 C63 AMG S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeichen311 View Post
BMW's rear fog lights are disabled on US vehicles because they are symmetrical and physically too close to the brake lights--the DOT believes they can be too easily mistaken for brake lights. Many other European cars are OK because they illuminate only one side or exceed the minimum separation between fogs and tail lamps (whatever that may be). I suppose the reasoning is that some halfwit driving with rear fog lights on in clear weather may cause some inattentive halfwit following behind to fail to stop in time because the real brake lights somehow went unnoticed. If there's one thing the government loves to do by regulation, it's protect halfwits from themselves...so there you are.

One minor drawback of the rear fog lights: Whillle they are on, the dynamic brake force lights are inactive because that is another function of the same lamps. So if you really stand on the brakes, following traffic no longer gets the STOPSTOPSTOP NOW! warning of that additional pair of lights.

That's not an issue for the LCI coupes with LED taillights. The LED's start to flash, instead of having another light turn on.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainAudio
In the words of one of Bimmerfest's greatest minds:"Been there, done that"
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
Half the fun of succeeding in life is fighting the fight and making it.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 04-30-2013, 07:11 PM
-=Hot|Ice=-'s Avatar
-=Hot|Ice=- -=Hot|Ice=- is offline
Re-Badged
Location: MD
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,830
Mein Auto: 2015 C63 AMG S
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegandalf View Post
Yup. You would make a fine moderator
DC Metro Drivers get on my nerves.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainAudio
In the words of one of Bimmerfest's greatest minds:"Been there, done that"
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
Half the fun of succeeding in life is fighting the fight and making it.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 04-30-2013, 07:34 PM
thegandalf thegandalf is offline
Liked when BMW was in F1
Location: GA
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 837
Mein Auto: 2013 AH3 Lux Line
Try downtown Atlanta at rush hour... on second thought, you might be right DC is worse.
__________________

Current car: BMW AH3 2013 - Black Sapphire-Saddle brown-ZLL-ZPP-ZTP-ZDA-HK
also 2012 Odyssey.


Past cars: Civic, Mazda6, Accord coupe, Accord Sedan.
BMW CCA Member
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 04-30-2013, 07:35 PM
thegandalf thegandalf is offline
Liked when BMW was in F1
Location: GA
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 837
Mein Auto: 2013 AH3 Lux Line
Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
That's not an issue for the LCI coupes with LED taillights. The LED's start to flash, instead of having another light turn on.
But that point is moot on the current F30.
__________________

Current car: BMW AH3 2013 - Black Sapphire-Saddle brown-ZLL-ZPP-ZTP-ZDA-HK
also 2012 Odyssey.


Past cars: Civic, Mazda6, Accord coupe, Accord Sedan.
BMW CCA Member
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 04-30-2013, 07:35 PM
The HACK's Avatar
The HACK The HACK is offline
Rest in peace, Coach
Location: People's Republic of United States
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 9,106
Mein Auto: '06 MZ4C, '09 WRX Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by SergioK View Post
I'll only turn them on when there's no fog or rain, and a Hyundai is behind me.
D!ck.
__________________
Quote:
"Bench racing" about track times driven by professionals are like a bunch of nerds arguing which Princess Leia is hotter, the slave Leia or the no-bra jail-bait Leia. No matter how compelling your argument is, the plain and simple fact is, none of you will EVER get to hit that.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 04-30-2013, 10:55 PM
-=Hot|Ice=-'s Avatar
-=Hot|Ice=- -=Hot|Ice=- is offline
Re-Badged
Location: MD
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,830
Mein Auto: 2015 C63 AMG S
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALWATERBOY View Post
Hmmmmm.....could that have been the point?
Was there an alternate motive?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainAudio
In the words of one of Bimmerfest's greatest minds:"Been there, done that"
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
Half the fun of succeeding in life is fighting the fight and making it.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 05-01-2013, 05:12 AM
vern vern is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New Jersey
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 4,739
Send a message via AIM to vern
Mein Auto: 01 330ci 05 530i 06 X3
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
Oh, you're going to be one of THOSE guys huh?
Nice to see you back. Give us some good info like in the past.
cheers
vern
__________________
2012 335iA Blk. Sapphire- Sport-Blk. Dakota Leather/Red-Brushed Alum.Trim-DAP-PP-CWP Rear View Camera-BMW Asst w/Enhanced BT&USB-High Gloss Blk.Trim Hghight-PSP-Speed Limit Info-Tech. Pkg-PDC-Rear Manual Sun Shades-SAT-Variable Sport Steering-Wheel Locks- Rubber Mats-Euro Del 5/14/12-Redelivery 7/16/12 2006 X3 3.0iA 4/6 Silver Gray Metallic-Black Leather-Nav-PP-SP-Xenon Headlights-PDC-Heated Front Seats-Privacy Glass-Servotronic Steering-Premium Sound System-R R R- Wheel Locks- Rubber Mats
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 05-01-2013, 07:55 AM
SergioK's Avatar
SergioK SergioK is offline
Donkeybike?
Location: N35 29.359 W119 32.670
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 3,678
Mein Auto: HP2Sport - R1200GS - F30
Quote:
Originally Posted by vern View Post
Nice to see you back. Give us some good info like in the past.
cheers
vern
Don't encourage him.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 12-18-2014, 06:24 AM
wallydc wallydc is offline
Registered User
Location: St Charles, Ill
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 29
Mein Auto: 2013 328i XDrive
fog light icon

When the headlight switch is replaced or modified and the car coded to have rear fog lights, when the switch is turned on does an icon light up on the instrument cluster showing it is on like it does for the front fog lights ?
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 12-18-2014, 10:07 AM
FrogmanF30's Avatar
FrogmanF30 FrogmanF30 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Southern California
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 432
Mein Auto: 2012 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallydc View Post
When the headlight switch is replaced or modified and the car coded to have rear fog lights, when the switch is turned on does an icon light up on the instrument cluster showing it is on like it does for the front fog lights ?
Yes, there is a separate rear fog light icon in the cluster when the rear fogs are on.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 12-18-2014, 03:29 PM
gkr778 gkr778 is offline
Novice driver
Location: Bowie, Maryland, USA
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,405
Mein Auto: 2014 320i ZSP ZMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SergioK View Post
In what module is the coding for the rear foglights located on the F30?
Two modules:
FEM_BODY Section 3060: Set value of function NSL_Verbaut to 'Verbaut'

REM Section 3063: Set value of the following functions as follows:
-Mapping_Nebelschlussl_L_output to 'nsl_l'
-Mapping_Nebelschlussl_L_Function to 'nebelschlusslicht'
-Mapping_Nebelschlussl_R_output to 'nsl_l'
-Mapping_Nebelschlussl_R_Function to 'nebelschlusslicht'
__________________
What the world needs is a few more rednecks - Charlie Daniels
Tell you about rednecks. They’re probably the only people in the whole country that ain’t unfit. - Fred Reed
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F36 (2012 - current)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms