Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 04-27-2013, 09:39 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 BMW X3 35i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsavage View Post
What is the ESN #? Did you just call the general Sirius number?

Thank you in advance for the help.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
ESN # is the radios serial #. Found using idrive in radio settings
Yes call Sirius listener care general #
Old 05-01-2013, 09:34 AM

Mein Auto: '14 X3 35i-M Space Grey
For everyone having trouble with your BMW Assist on your '14 and/or missing services: go into your connected drive menu, toward the bottom is a "services" item, then in there is a "update" selection. Do that and the vehicle will talk to BMW. After I did that, 100% of all of my services work, including my web browser! Neato! I dont know if it will correct everyone's troubles, but it cant hurt!
Old 05-01-2013, 09:46 AM

Mein Auto: X3
BMW Assist is a joke as far as I am concerned. I picked up my X3 on April 10th and still my "data has not been loaded." Seriously who is responsible for this fiasco? I think they must subcontract this out to some company? I have called them at least 4-5 times. Why aren't they loading the information for cars delivered earlier?

I assume if I really had a problem I could call them and get the service I need.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:37 AM

agree with Jimsan 100% total BS

Drew:
was very excited to try this. it did connect and show "update successful"
but still google maps are not sending to car
same error:
Sorry, we were unable to send this message at this time. Please visit the help page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimsan View Post
BMW Assist is a joke as far as I am concerned. I picked up my X3 on April 10th and still my "data has not been loaded." Seriously who is responsible for this fiasco? I think they must subcontract this out to some company? I have called them at least 4-5 times. Why aren't they loading the information for cars delivered earlier?

I assume if I really had a problem I could call them and get the service I need.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewsky View Post
For everyone having trouble with your BMW Assist on your '14 and/or missing services: go into your connected drive menu, toward the bottom is a "services" item, then in there is a "update" selection. Do that and the vehicle will talk to BMW. After I did that, 100% of all of my services work, including my web browser! Neato! I dont know if it will correct everyone's troubles, but it cant hurt!
Old 05-01-2013, 11:56 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 X3 M Sport
@scottjays, I am able to send the google map destination to my X3's navigation. The email address I entered in google maps (BMW Assist account name is the same as the one in BMWAssist which was setup by my CA 24 hrs prior to taking delivery.
2014 X3 28i[/B] - Alpine White with Black Nevada Leather - Fineline Wave wood - Premium - M Sport - Lighting - Dynamic Handling - Driver Assistance with Top View - Navigation - High gloss Roof rails - Shadowline
Old 05-01-2013, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjays View Post
agree with Jimsan 100% total BS

Drew:
was very excited to try this. it did connect and show "update successful"
but still google maps are not sending to car
same error:
Sorry, we were unable to send this message at this time. Please visit the help page.
As is also mentioned in the post just above this one you are reading, you should be using your email address that was set up when you registered bmw assist. There is a possibility that it may have been mis-typed on the other end? F sounds like S over the phone, etc. Might want to ring up bmw assist from your car and verify your user id (email addy) is correct.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:37 PM

Mein Auto: X3
I tried the update again. Yes it's successful but the available services are all in blue, i.e., no services are available. For those who can use it, your vehicle's data is loaded into BMW Assist.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:19 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 X3 M Sport
Just a thought, are you performing this update from a place where there is open sky?

The reason I am asking this is when I activated my Subscription on Satellite radio, the XM Sirius rep asked to be in a place where there is Open Sky.
2014 X3 28i[/B] - Alpine White with Black Nevada Leather - Fineline Wave wood - Premium - M Sport - Lighting - Dynamic Handling - Driver Assistance with Top View - Navigation - High gloss Roof rails - Shadowline
Old 05-01-2013, 02:25 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 x3 35i
Does BMW Assist working in '14s??

I did the update too but still nothing. On the remote app, I get this.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1367443530.471483.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	374216

Old 05-01-2013, 03:15 PM

Mein Auto: '14 X3 35i / '03 F350
Picked up my car on 25 Apr, CA sent in my BMW Assist registration that day. We tested it together in the parking lot of the dealer. The BMW Assist person recognized the car and VIN, but did not have the registration on file. Web browsing, weather, news, etc. were not available. They said that all the voice activated services were available - they would read me directions, they would find a location, they could call for service, they would respond in the event of a collision. The essential emergency stuff was in place. The new data services were pending computer upload.

On 29 Apr, I spoke with customer servcice. They said they had a computer problem and a backlog of registrations. They still did not see my registration complete. Said it could take as long as 1 May 2013 to get the backlog cleared.

On 30 Apr, I tested it again and all the data services were there - web browsing,etc. I connected via the SOS button to the BMW Assist center and while they recognized my car and position, they still did not see my name and registration complete. I tried sending a map from Google and that still did not work. And it does not work today.

Conclusion: BMW Assist is half working If I need service or emergency directions or whatever, they will talk to me and are very nice people. However, all the data services are still not working 100%. When everything is finally working correctly, I will be sure they have the correct end date for the free service

Our BMW: '14 X3 35i, Deep Sea Blue, Black Nevada Leather, Fineline Wave Wood, Satin Aluminum Roof Rails, Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Navigation System, Driver Assistance Pkg with ALL them cameras, Premium Sound
Our truck: '03 Ford F350, 7.3L turbo-diesel, 4WD, Lariat package, Lear topper, cow catcher, Blue over Grey (Go Rice!)

"Old Faithful's just a fountain compared to the glory of true love" -- John Prine

Last edited by Liverman; 05-01-2013 at 03:17 PM.
Old 05-01-2013, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw5dm3 View Post
Just a thought, are you performing this update from a place where there is open sky?

The reason I am asking this is when I activated my Subscription on Satellite radio, the XM Sirius rep asked to be in a place where there is Open Sky.
Sirus and BMW assist are two completely different things. Sirius receives a signal from satellite-hence the need for open sky. BMW Assist (what we are talking about in this thread) is essentially a cell phone embedded in car.
Old 05-01-2013, 04:11 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 x3 Msport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liverman View Post
Picked up my car on 25 Apr, CA sent in my BMW Assist registration that day. We tested it together in the parking lot of the dealer. The BMW Assist person recognized the car and VIN, but did not have the registration on file. Web browsing, weather, news, etc. were not available. They said that all the voice activated services were available - they would read me directions, they would find a location, they could call for service, they would respond in the event of a collision. The essential emergency stuff was in place. The new data services were pending computer upload.

On 29 Apr, I spoke with customer servcice. They said they had a computer problem and a backlog of registrations. They still did not see my registration complete. Said it could take as long as 1 May 2013 to get the backlog cleared.

On 30 Apr, I tested it again and all the data services were there - web browsing,etc. I connected via the SOS button to the BMW Assist center and while they recognized my car and position, they still did not see my name and registration complete. I tried sending a map from Google and that still did not work. And it does not work today.

Conclusion: BMW Assist is half working If I need service or emergency directions or whatever, they will talk to me and are very nice people. However, all the data services are still not working 100%. When everything is finally working correctly, I will be sure they have the correct end date for the free service

I am at the same place, half working and getting kind of tired of it. It's been three weeks!!!
2014 X3 35i. Vermillion Red Metallic, Leather Nevada Mojave, Fineline Wave Wood, M Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Driver Assistance Package with Top View, Dynamic Handling Package, Premium Package, Technology Package, Rear Manual Side Window Shades (for my new little baby girl )

Retired 2008 335 xi
Old 05-01-2013, 05:16 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 X3 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsavage View Post
I am at the same place, half working and getting kind of tired of it. It's been three weeks!!!
Picked up my x3 on 4/20. All of the BMW Assist Voice services are working but like the rest of you in this post, BMW Online, Internet and MyInfo are not working. I also performed the services update and it says that BMW Online, Internet and MyInfo are available services. But still do not work. Must be a bigger problem than they are letting on.
Old 05-01-2013, 05:49 PM

the BMW Assist folks are telling me in may be until July before it's resolved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbull2 View Post
Picked up my x3 on 4/20. All of the BMW Assist Voice services are working but like the rest of you in this post, BMW Online, Internet and MyInfo are not working. I also performed the services update and it says that BMW Online, Internet and MyInfo are available services. But still do not work. Must be a bigger problem than they are letting on.
Old 05-03-2013, 04:28 PM

For those that BMW Online is working, are you using an iPhone? My CA believes it would work with BMW Apps on an iPhone. I have an Android device and BMW Apps is not available.
Old 05-03-2013, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbull2 View Post
For those that BMW Online is working, are you using an iPhone? My CA believes it would work with BMW Apps on an iPhone. I have an Android device and BMW Apps is not available.
It depends on what you are trying to do? The bmw apps in connected drive (such as facebook, twitter, etc) is the only thing you don't get on android, and is also the ONLY thing that it talks to an iphone for (so far as connected drive is concerned). The BMW remote app is not "technically" available in the US, however a few strategic google searches will get you the apk to side load onto your android and it works just fine. If your troubles are around anything else such as data, google maps send to car, etc, your phone has nothing to do with that-android or iphone. Hope that makes sense.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewsky View Post
It depends on what you are trying to do? The bmw apps in connected drive (such as facebook, twitter, etc) is the only thing you don't get on android, and is also the ONLY thing that it talks to an iphone for (so far as connected drive is concerned). The BMW remote app is not "technically" available in the US, however a few strategic google searches will get you the apk to side load onto your android and it works just fine. If your troubles are around anything else such as data, google maps send to car, etc, your phone has nothing to do with that-android or iphone. Hope that makes sense.
Makes sense. And yes MyInfo is not working either. I appreciate the info.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:17 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 328 xDrive
Does BMW Assist working in '14s??

Do you need to be subscribed to the BMW convenience plan or Concierge service to get BMW online to work?
For me the BMW assist is working after the update. I can send google addresses from remote App and computer. But can't go online from idrive?

Old 05-03-2013, 07:24 PM

Mein Auto: '14 X3 35i / '03 F350
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilbagh View Post
Do you need to be subscribed to the BMW convenience plan or Concierge service to get BMW online to work?
For me the BMW assist is working after the update. I can send google addresses from remote App and computer. But can't go online from idrive?

I am the opposite - I can go online from the car, but I cannot send an address from Google to the car. I did not subscribe tot he Concierge service - no added cost items at all.

Our BMW: '14 X3 35i, Deep Sea Blue, Black Nevada Leather, Fineline Wave Wood, Satin Aluminum Roof Rails, Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Navigation System, Driver Assistance Pkg with ALL them cameras, Premium Sound
Our truck: '03 Ford F350, 7.3L turbo-diesel, 4WD, Lariat package, Lear topper, cow catcher, Blue over Grey (Go Rice!)

"Old Faithful's just a fountain compared to the glory of true love" -- John Prine
Old 05-03-2013, 07:33 PM

I can not send addresses or get to the internet. My BMW online is working. Whenever I call I still can not sign up for BMW Assist because my car is not in the system. My CA has been no help.

I love this car, but it has been a very frustrating experience. Not knowing what was coming on it (the whole what is going to be on the MY 2014), being told I qualified for turn key incentive and then not when I was signing the paperwork, BMW assist not working.

How long is it until you get the survey from BMW after buying the car?
2014 X3 35i. Vermillion Red Metallic, Leather Nevada Mojave, Fineline Wave Wood, M Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Driver Assistance Package with Top View, Dynamic Handling Package, Premium Package, Technology Package, Rear Manual Side Window Shades (for my new little baby girl )

Retired 2008 335 xi
Old 05-03-2013, 07:37 PM

exactly same situation here. kinda lame imo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liverman View Post
I am the opposite - I can go online from the car, but I cannot send an address from Google to the car. I did not subscribe tot he Concierge service - no added cost items at all.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:03 PM

Mein Auto: X3 28i
I have BMW Apps on an iphone 4S working to send addresses to the car as well as sending from googlemaps.com. BMW Online works to see the weather etc. but the Internet option is a paid service, presumably part of Concierge.

I wish I could offer assistance on how to get it to work but my CA set it up before I arrived at the dealer for pickup and its worked fine ever since. I did hit the SOS button afer getting it home to complete the regiostration and add my emergency contacts etc.

I can certainly understand the frustration you guys and gals have. I have the same frustration with trying to play videos from my phone, not as crucial as having Assist but still one of the features I would use.
2014 X3 28i - Deep Sea Blue Metallic - Black 'Nevada' Leather - Brushed Aluminum - Cold Weather - Driver Assistance with Top View - Lighting - Premium - Technology - Satin Aluminum Roof rails - Rear manual side window shades
Old 05-13-2013, 07:27 PM

Hi All, MyInfo and BWM On-line is still not working for me. Has anyone else been able to get it to work, if it wasn't before? Any updates from BMW Assist. They opened a trouble ticket for me today and said they would give me an update within a week.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:57 PM

They are full of BS over at BMW Assist. I still don't have myinfo feature working to send google maps to vehicle. It's really the only part of the "online" conncected drive that I really was looking forward to. there have been zero updates provided to me. I have complained several times. they claim there is a "database" that neeeds "updating" and it can only come from "Germany" blah blah blah. all excuses imo. who knows how long til this is fixed but if it's not fixed by end of Summer I am def contacting legal for class action...

Last edited by scottjays; 05-13-2013 at 08:09 PM.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:13 PM

I have been getting the same BS from them as well. Waiting for an update that is out of there control. Since we are not able to use this service from start of ownership, I hope they plan on extending the 4 year free service of assist to make up for all of the time we can't use it.

Retired 2008 335 xi