Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008 - 2014)

E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008 - 2014)
4th generation E90 M3 sedan, E92 M3 coupe and E93 M3 convertible. The last of the naturally aspirated M3s, powered by a 4.0 liter V8 making 414hp and 295 lb-ft of torque.

Old 05-01-2013, 10:35 AM

Mein Auto: Soon to be M3
Now or Later...?

Well,

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think I'm ready to sell my 2012 Interlagos Blue M3... Car is a blast and I love driving it, but I'm having to leave it home more often because somehow we always need more room. Going to move back to an SUV.

So, my question is... in your opinion/experience, do you think it's better to sell now before the new M3 is officially unveiled or is there an advantage to waiting a little longer? I don't really know what that advantage might be, but figured it's a significant event and can affect car values.

The car has 9,100 miles on it as of today... 100% fully loaded except for the auto high beams, and yes it's a DCT. Sticker was 76K i think. Did Euro delivery. Beige extended interior.

Will be sad to see her go, but I can't justify paying for something I can't really use that often.

What do you think about the timing of the sale?

Regrets...

CT
Advertisement
Old 05-01-2013, 11:18 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 E92 M3
Wow, I feel your pain...

As of the prices, they have been flat for awhile now. So one does wonder if it will be a slow depreciation until and possibly after the demise of the S65B40. My take on it is that they will continue to drop as there are a lot of E9X's out there and many, if not the majority, of average M3 drivers would not be concerned by the power train change. Drivers on this board however donít fall into that category.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:26 AM

Mein Auto: Soon to be M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by edge9 View Post
Wow, I feel your pain...

As of the prices, they have been flat for awhile now. So one does wonder if it will be a slow depreciation until and possibly after the demise of the S65B40. My take on it is that they will continue to drop as there are a lot of E9X's out there and many, if not the majority, of average M3 drivers would not be concerned by the power train change. Drivers on this board however don't fall into that category.
Thanks for the input. I think they will drop as well and i'm inclined to go ahead and do it.

I will say though that I don't see many M3's out there. I've run searches on Autotrader for Competition package DCT's "any distance" from where I live and as of this morning there were only 10 *2012's* for sale - most from dealers.

Last edited by taxguru; 05-01-2013 at 11:27 AM.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:15 PM
Eye of the Wolf

Mein Auto: M3 ZCP, X3 35i M Sport
IMO your car is worth the most it will ever be today...tomorrow, I suspect, it will be worth a little less. Unless the F 80 is just a huge bust, people tend to get excited by the newest shiniest things. In 20 years, I suspect, low mileage unmolested e90s will command very nice prices indeed. I may just keep mine around to see....in the mean time, driving my M3 will continue to put a giant grin on my face.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:36 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2015 F80 M3
It's true that it's worth more today than tomorrow however I don't see a "bust" coming with the new model. New and used car buyers seem to be two different crowds so as long as there are no volume of used F80 M3s to compete for the used car buyers there shouldn't be a bust. At least that's my experience when trading an "old" model for the new at an early stage.
Old 05-01-2013, 01:57 PM
Re-Badged

Mein Auto: 2015 C63 AMG S
Now or Later...?

You're going to miss the V8.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
Half the fun of succeeding in life is fighting the fight and making it.
Old 05-01-2013, 03:59 PM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Summer is the best selling season, so now will be better than later. One way or the other get ready to take a HUGE hit.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **

Last edited by tturedraider; 05-01-2013 at 04:03 PM.
Old 05-01-2013, 04:21 PM
Eye of the Wolf

Mein Auto: M3 ZCP, X3 35i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
.... I don't see a "bust" coming with the new model. ...
+1

The e90 M3 is unique, an extraordinary value, mechanically robust, and generally, an enthusiast's wet dream; there will be
a strong used car market for the car. Moreover, sure as shootin', the new F80 will be more expensive and there will be few
initial BMW incentives.

Last edited by Capobranco; 05-01-2013 at 04:26 PM.