Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming

BMW Coding and Programming
Discuss coding options and features on your BMW here.

Old 04-30-2013, 04:46 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Lexus LS400
Remote feature coding for BMW

I desperately want to have my vehicle coded. No one in my area does it. Some people here frown upon paying for coding. I want my vehicle done and I don't mind paying a reasonable fee for it. I would rather pay someone who KNOWS what they are doing rather than mess things up myself. Since this will probably be a one time thing, I don't feel the need to learn all the inns and outs of coding to do one vehicle. I found this place in the 3 series forum. (www.bpmsport.com) Anyone ever heard or dealt with this company? Are they legit? Any pros or cons on coding this way? BTW.. I have a 2012 X5 50. This is my first BMW and im loving it so far.

Last edited by TurboBusa; 04-30-2013 at 01:18 PM. Reason: left out some info
Advertisement
Old 04-30-2013, 07:07 AM

Mein Auto: 128i convertible
I don't know anything about this individual but I have coded my bimmer and I looked at the website you link. The testimonials look good. He is either a good creative writer or he has pleased more than a few people. Connecting your laptop with his cable to your car and then allowing him to control your laptop seems like it would work. You wouldn't have control of your laptop until he gives it back and he could do whatever he wants with it. You might not want a lot of personal information on the laptop when the coding occurs. But it should work. You will need a good internet connection plus a phone connection for this to work.

Jim
Old 04-30-2013, 08:24 AM

Send a message via AIM to vern
Mein Auto: 01 330ci 05 530i 06 X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboBusa View Post
I desperately want to have my vehicle coded. No one in my area does it. Some people here frown upon paying for coding. I want my vehicle done and I donít mind paying a reasonable fee for it. I would rather pay someone who KNOWS what they are doing rather than mess things up myself. Since this will probably be a one time thing, I donít feel the need to learn all the inns and outs of coding to do one vehicle. I found this place in the 3 series forum. (www.bpmsport.com) Anyone ever heard or dealt with this company? Are they legit? Any pros or cons on coding this way?
Not trying to be rude but your area USA is pretty broad. The coding that you probably want will be wiped out the first time you go to the dealer and get a software update,a least mine was and then you will have to get your car recoded to get it back where you want it.You will get a lot more replies on the coding forum than you will get on the general forum.Good luck
cheers
vern
2012 335iA Blk. Sapphire- Sport-Blk. Dakota Leather/Red-Brushed Alum.Trim-DAP-PP-CWP Rear View Camera-BMW Asst w/Enhanced BT&USB-High Gloss Blk.Trim Hghight-PSP-Speed Limit Info-Tech. Pkg-PDC-Rear Manual Sun Shades-SAT-Variable Sport Steering-Wheel Locks- Rubber Mats-Euro Del 5/14/12-Redelivery 7/16/12 2006 X3 3.0iA 4/6 Silver Gray Metallic-Black Leather-Nav-PP-SP-Xenon Headlights-PDC-Heated Front Seats-Privacy Glass-Servotronic Steering-Premium Sound System-R R R- Wheel Locks- Rubber Mats
Old 04-30-2013, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimD1 View Post
I don't know anything about this individual but I have coded my bimmer and I looked at the website you link. The testimonials look good. He is either a good creative writer or he has pleased more than a few people. Connecting your laptop with his cable to your car and then allowing him to control your laptop seems like it would work. You wouldn't have control of your laptop until he gives it back and he could do whatever he wants with it. You might not want a lot of personal information on the laptop when the coding occurs. But it should work. You will need a good internet connection plus a phone connection for this to work.
Thanks for the info Jim, especially the part about the internet plus phone connection. As it is now, I only have a cell phone and I use that for a hot spot. So that's good to know.
Old 04-30-2013, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vern View Post
Not trying to be rude but your area USA is pretty broad. The coding that you probably want will be wiped out the first time you go to the dealer and get a software update,a least mine was and then you will have to get your car recoded to get it back where you want it.You will get a lot more replies on the coding forum than you will get on the general forum.Good luck
cheers
vern
Thanks vern, im from Charleston SC. Ive been meaning to change that.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:44 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboBusa View Post
I desperately want to have my vehicle coded. No one in my area does it. Some people here frown upon paying for coding. I want my vehicle done and I don't mind paying a reasonable fee for it. I would rather pay someone who KNOWS what they are doing rather than mess things up myself. Since this will probably be a one time thing, I don't feel the need to learn all the inns and outs of coding to do one vehicle. I found this place in the 3 series forum. (www.bpmsport.com) Anyone ever heard or dealt with this company? Are they legit? Any pros or cons on coding this way? BTW.. I have a 2012 X5 50. This is my first BMW and im loving it so far.
I know Mike Benvo, and he is legit. No worries there.

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
Old 05-02-2013, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
I know Mike Benvo, and he is legit. No worries there.