Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E89 Z4 (2009 - current)

E89 Z4 (2009 - current)

Old 05-02-2013, 09:27 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 Z4 35i
Good call going with the 35i. It sounds like you would have been disappointed with the 3.0. I regularly drive both versions - I didn't want my son's car to have the big engine, but it is still a ticket machine. Love mine a whole lot more! The RFT's have gotten better over the past few years. I bought mine CPO with 9K on it, and now have about 25K on it. I will have to make a decision of the RFT's shortly and may stick with them despite their cost. My ride is a little softer because of the 17 inch wheels. It looks like yours has 18's.

Our family's Bimmers - 3 e89's (one turned in), e90 - 335d and e46 - 325i

Old 05-02-2013, 10:16 PM
BIMMER ****IE

Mein Auto: 09 Z4 S35i/98 Maxima
Z4luvr- agree on the 35i. Not one bit of buyer's remorse. The tires are still in pretty good shape but I am surprised to know yours will need replacement at 25k or so...is that typical? No tickets for me yet though I fear some may be coming my way. I updated the pic with my actual car (the one before was a stock photo of what I wanted).
Carsbillz, thanks as well for the info. I will keep an eye out for the products.
Rdkind- you actually answered my next question on how often to apply and how long this stuff lasts. Living in Hawaii has its benefits and since the Z kicked my other car out of the garage I might be in a better position to keep it looking its best for a longer period of time.
Thanks to all
Paul
Old 05-06-2013, 09:24 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 Z4 35i, 2006 525xi
I can't understand how some of you get 20K+ on your tires. I burned through my rear OEM RFT's in my first Z4 in 11K. On this one I installed Michelin PSS at delivery and judging by the amount of wear at 11K, I'm anticipating need new rears at 15K. And I have a manual transmission, so no launch control for me!

2012 Z4 35i, ED 2/24/12, Melbourne Red Metallic, Black leather, 6 MT, ///M Sport, Premium Package, Premium Sound Package, Cold Weather Package, Nav, Comfort Access, LED Angel Eyes, BMWPedals pedal covers, stubby antenna, Luxon strut bar, CF engine cover, LCI side marker, powder coated calipers, Extra Enjoyment Package
Old 05-11-2013, 01:17 AM
BIMMER ****IE

More to follow on the RFTs.
Quick question on an iphone 4s adapter. I see ones that are about $20 or so on Amazon with the USB and aux jack adapter. Does anyone have one and do they work as advertised with the IDrive? I am currently running my 4s with an FM transmitter that also charges the phone and plugs into the lighter. It seems to work fine but if I can get the IDrive to manipulate my iphone, all the better
Thanks
Paul
Old 05-30-2013, 10:17 PM
BIMMER ****IE

How many have had front end alignment problems. I had a few friends of mine looking at the car and they noticed uneven wear on the front wheels indicative of front end alignment issues. What does BMW typically charge for something like that?
Thanks
Paul
Old 05-31-2013, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddammitchop View Post
How many have had front end alignment problems. I had a few friends of mine looking at the car and they noticed uneven wear on the front wheels indicative of front end alignment issues. What does BMW typically charge for something like that?
Thanks
Paul
I had rear end alignment issues, right out of the box, shown by uneven tire wear. I took it in and BMW didn't charge me even though I was way over the mileage limit (1800?) - so they did it as a courtesy. don't know what they charge for alignment as a result.

2012 Z4 35i, ED 2/24/12, Melbourne Red Metallic, Black leather, 6 MT, ///M Sport, Premium Package, Premium Sound Package, Cold Weather Package, Nav, Comfort Access, LED Angel Eyes, BMWPedals pedal covers, stubby antenna, Luxon strut bar, CF engine cover, LCI side marker, powder coated calipers, Extra Enjoyment Package
Old 06-09-2013, 07:06 PM
BIMMER ****IE

Looks like I may be in the same boat. Brought it in this weekend and the folks here said I should not have been sold a CPO car with this much tire wear. The sales team is picking up the tab for 4 new tires so I am pretty happy about that customer service, though it does make me wonder what else they missed. I will make sure that it gets another full look over prior to the maintenance warranty expiring in July
Old 08-05-2013, 03:03 PM
BIMMER ****IE

So I discovered, days after the warranty expired, that the left front DRL is out. Headlights work fine and passenger side is fine. Online it looks like swapping out bulbs after opening the round access panel under the hood. Has anyone swapped them out and is it that easy? I saw a few videos where they had to get at them from the wheel well but those looked like older models. Also, any insight on best place to buy bulbs is appreciated
Thanks
Paul
Old 08-06-2013, 04:47 AM

Quote:
So I discovered, days after the warranty expired, that the left front DRL is out. Headlights work fine and passenger side is fine. Online it looks like swapping out bulbs after opening the round access panel under the hood. Has anyone swapped them out and is it that easy? I saw a few videos where they had to get at them from the wheel well but those looked like older models. Also, any insight on best place to buy bulbs is appreciated
Thanks
Paul
It's super easy. Unscrew the round cap, push on the bulb so it rotates towards the middle of the car (this is true for either bulb), pull out the bulb, unclip the connector, reverse with new bulb.

Old 08-06-2013, 11:55 PM
BIMMER ****IE

Thanks JParnes1, now i just have to find the bulb here in HI
Paul
Old 08-07-2013, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Thanks JParnes1, now i just have to find the bulb here in HI
Paul
No BMW dealer? Get one online. It'll be cheaper anyway.

Old 08-09-2013, 09:09 PM
BIMMER ****IE

Found one at the local O'Reilly auto part store, they even had a military discount. It was as easy as you mentioned to fix
Thanks
Paul
Old 11-03-2013, 12:18 AM
BIMMER ****IE

So the latest is that I continually get an Increased Battery Discharge warning when I start up. I have nothing plugged in and have checked the battery leads with no issues. Any insight would be helpful. Before I bring it in to the dealer I thought I would ask the brain trust
Old 11-07-2013, 11:05 PM
BIMMER ****IE

Has anyone else had similar problems?