Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming

BMW Coding and Programming
Discuss coding options and features on your BMW here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #426  
Old 05-03-2013, 06:38 PM
handstand handstand is offline
Registered User
Location: Ohio
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 2
Mein Auto: 2013 535i x-drive
Hi. I haven't been able to find a working link to download E-Sys. Could someone point me in the right direction? Also, is there a way to tell what version of pszdata my car is currently running?

Many thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote
  #427  
Old 05-03-2013, 06:49 PM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 8,677
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by handstand View Post
Hi. I haven't been able to find a working link to download E-Sys. Could someone point me in the right direction? Also, is there a way to tell what version of pszdata my car is currently running?

Many thanks in advance.
You need read the car's current I-Level with E-Sys to know what it has on it:

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showpo...postcount=1403

Once you know the current I-Level, you can cross reference it to the ISTA/P version.

PM sent.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - 2TB SAT / 6WB MFID Cluster / 4U1 Ceramic Controls / 6NR BMW Apps / Rear Fog Lights / Cyba Double Layer Black Chrome Quad Tips
Reply With Quote
  #428  
Old 05-03-2013, 07:18 PM
handstand handstand is offline
Registered User
Location: Ohio
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 2
Mein Auto: 2013 535i x-drive
Thanks so much for the quick reply, Shawn.
Reply With Quote
  #429  
Old 05-04-2013, 02:45 AM
modicbmw modicbmw is offline
Registered User
Location: Taiwan
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 3
Mein Auto: bmw 520
I very interested in the BMW programming, although I have to use isss and isid-diagnosis programming.
But I still prefer the E-sys and winkfp of
Is currently learning.
Reply With Quote
  #430  
Old 05-04-2013, 02:52 AM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 8,677
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by modicbmw View Post
I very interested in the BMW programming, although I have to use isss and isid-diagnosis programming.
But I still prefer the E-sys and winkfp of
Is currently learning.
Yes, i think E-Sys is better too in that you can flash individual ECU's rather than a running a full measures plan on the car.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - 2TB SAT / 6WB MFID Cluster / 4U1 Ceramic Controls / 6NR BMW Apps / Rear Fog Lights / Cyba Double Layer Black Chrome Quad Tips
Reply With Quote
  #431  
Old 05-05-2013, 12:21 PM
firebull firebull is offline
Registered User
Location: Germany
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 23
Mein Auto: F31 330xd
i just installed esys 3.22.5 with patch and token, but iīm new in F-series coding so i still have some problems/questions.

I want to code auto start/stop and speedlock for the beginning, but i donīt know where it is in new F31 (build 04/2013).
And if i want to read coding data i get two errors, the other ECUs work reading them.

http://imageshack.us/f/547/87363286.png
http://imageshack.us/f/705/43411419.png

Can someone help me please?!

Thanks a lot

Last edited by firebull; 05-05-2013 at 12:23 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #432  
Old 05-05-2013, 01:46 PM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 8,677
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by firebull View Post
i just installed esys 3.22.5 with patch and token, but iīm new in F-series coding so i still have some problems/questions.

I want to code auto start/stop and speedlock for the beginning, but i donīt know where it is in new F31 (build 04/2013).
And if i want to read coding data i get two errors, the other ECUs work reading them.

http://imageshack.us/f/547/87363286.png
http://imageshack.us/f/705/43411419.png

Can someone help me please?!

Thanks a lot
You selected F20 Target, the one without _DIRECT after it correct?

Which PSdZData version are you using?

What is your current I-Step?

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showpo...postcount=1403
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - 2TB SAT / 6WB MFID Cluster / 4U1 Ceramic Controls / 6NR BMW Apps / Rear Fog Lights / Cyba Double Layer Black Chrome Quad Tips
Reply With Quote
  #433  
Old 05-05-2013, 05:12 PM
littlezen littlezen is offline
Registered User
Location: OC
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 19
Mein Auto: 2011 750i
Help needed

Hello fellow coders,

Thanks to Shawn I've been able to code the following - disclaimer removal, window/mirrow close with key fob, and truck close with key fob. With that said I have run into a few road blocks and looking for your assistance.

I'm currently running Esys 3.18.4 with psdzdata 48.3 on windows 7 laptop coding a 2011 750i (F01).

1. Disabling Auto start/stop - I'm not able to locate CAS>300 TC> TC_MSA_DEFAULT_OFF; Is this located some where else on an F01? (Actually my first question is what does disabling Auto Start/Stop do?)

2. HUD Turnsignal - I'm not able to locate KOMBI>3000 Anzeige_Konfiguration>BLINKER_HUD_ENABLE; Again if this located elsewhere for F01 please let me know. I did find HU_CIC>3000 HMI>HUD Turnsignal and changed it to active but it did not work for me.

3. Tire pressure Info - Is this the correct module for tire pressure: HUCIC>3001 EBOX>RDC_Safety? If not, please direct me to the correct module(s).

4.DVD in motion: Are these the 3 i need to change: SPEEDLOCK_X_KMH_MAX, SPEEDLOCK_X_KMH_MIN, and VIDEO_NUR_MIT_HANDBREMSE? If not these, please direct me to the correct module(s).

5. Cameras in motion: Are these the 4 I need to change: D_SCHWELLE_1, D_SCHWELLE_2, V_SCHWELLE_1, V_SCHWELLE_2? If not these, please direct me to the correct module(s).

Again, appreciate any help you guys can provide.

Thanks,

Josh
Reply With Quote
  #434  
Old 05-05-2013, 05:55 PM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 8,677
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlezen View Post
Hello fellow coders,

Thanks to Shawn I've been able to code the following - disclaimer removal, window/mirrow close with key fob, and truck close with key fob. With that said I have run into a few road blocks and looking for your assistance.

I'm currently running Esys 3.18.4 with psdzdata 48.3 on windows 7 laptop coding a 2011 750i (F01).

1. Disabling Auto start/stop - I'm not able to locate CAS>300 TC> TC_MSA_DEFAULT_OFF; Is this located some where else on an F01? (Actually my first question is what does disabling Auto Start/Stop do?)

2. HUD Turnsignal - I'm not able to locate KOMBI>3000 Anzeige_Konfiguration>BLINKER_HUD_ENABLE; Again if this located elsewhere for F01 please let me know. I did find HU_CIC>3000 HMI>HUD Turnsignal and changed it to active but it did not work for me.

3. Tire pressure Info - Is this the correct module for tire pressure: HUCIC>3001 EBOX>RDC_Safety? If not, please direct me to the correct module(s).

4.DVD in motion: Are these the 3 i need to change: SPEEDLOCK_X_KMH_MAX, SPEEDLOCK_X_KMH_MIN, and VIDEO_NUR_MIT_HANDBREMSE? If not these, please direct me to the correct module(s).

5. Cameras in motion: Are these the 4 I need to change: D_SCHWELLE_1, D_SCHWELLE_2, V_SCHWELLE_1, V_SCHWELLE_2? If not these, please direct me to the correct module(s).

Again, appreciate any help you guys can provide.

Thanks,

Josh
I have not seen an F01 Cheat Sheet, but the codes for F10 and F01 are the same, or similar enough to understand what to code. So, I can't tell you exactly what to look for in your F01, and will answer based on F10.

1) Your car should not have ASS (Auto Start Stop). You would have a switch as part of the Start / Stop button right below it if you did, A 750i should not have it as it is not on V8 engines.

2) What is the name of your Kombi CAFD file? When you enabled HUD_TURNSIGNAL, did you go under iDrive Options and enable the "Turn indicator" Checkbox in Settings=>Heads-Up Display?

3) Yes.

4) Yes. For the SPEEDLOCK settings, you will be changing the Werte Value

5) Yes. For the SCHWELLE settings, you will be changing the Werte Value

If you do not know how to change Werte Values, read this:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/att...5&d=1338725691

When you change a Werte Value, you change only that, and do not change the associated Dropdown value at the same time, and vice versa. It will always be one or the other, but not both.

Also, when you look for codes, all the matters is the Module (ECU) itself, and not the subsection of it (e.g. 3000, 3001, etc.). In your chassis the codes you are looking for could easily be in a different section.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - 2TB SAT / 6WB MFID Cluster / 4U1 Ceramic Controls / 6NR BMW Apps / Rear Fog Lights / Cyba Double Layer Black Chrome Quad Tips

Last edited by shawnsheridan; 05-05-2013 at 05:57 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #435  
Old 05-06-2013, 03:12 AM
firebull firebull is offline
Registered User
Location: Germany
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 23
Mein Auto: F31 330xd
Hello Shawn,

i use PSdZData 49.1 with update to 49.2 and 49.3.
And i select F20 Target without _Direct, yes.

Now i could code DVD In Motion (a first success :-) ) The problem here was: In the F30 CheatSheet the ECU was not the same than in my car.

For the i-Step i will have to look this evening and then post it here.

Thanks a lot for your help!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
You selected F20 Target, the one without _DIRECT after it correct?

Which PSdZData version are you using?

What is your current I-Step?

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showpo...postcount=1403
Reply With Quote
  #436  
Old 05-06-2013, 09:31 AM
firebull firebull is offline
Registered User
Location: Germany
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 23
Mein Auto: F31 330xd
Hello Shawn,

my I-Step is: F020-13-03-503

When i want to code Auto Start/Stop to default: "off" i get this error:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3ra46y61t7...2018.26.29.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #437  
Old 05-06-2013, 10:07 AM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 8,677
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by firebull View Post
Hello Shawn,

i use PSdZData 49.1 with update to 49.2 and 49.3.
And i select F20 Target without _Direct, yes.

Now i could code DVD In Motion (a first success :-) ) The problem here was: In the F30 CheatSheet the ECU was not the same than in my car.

For the i-Step i will have to look this evening and then post it here.

Thanks a lot for your help!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by firebull View Post
Hello Shawn,

my I-Step is: F020-13-03-503

When i want to code Auto Start/Stop to default: "off" i get this error:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3ra46y61t7...2018.26.29.jpg
Your problem is that you have 49.3 on the car (cafd_00000794.caf.004_228_010), and it requires the full 49.3 PSdZData. Unlike 49.2, it cannot run inside the 49.1 PSdZData container. You must update.

PM sent.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - 2TB SAT / 6WB MFID Cluster / 4U1 Ceramic Controls / 6NR BMW Apps / Rear Fog Lights / Cyba Double Layer Black Chrome Quad Tips
Reply With Quote
  #438  
Old 05-06-2013, 12:24 PM
littlezen littlezen is offline
Registered User
Location: OC
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 19
Mein Auto: 2011 750i
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post

2) What is the name of your Kombi CAFD file? When you enabled HUD_TURNSIGNAL, did you go under iDrive Options and enable the "Turn indicator" Checkbox in Settings=>Heads-Up Display?

I don't currently have my laptop so don't know what the CAFD file name is. I did go into iDrive but did not see the "Turn Indicator" option in the HUD section. I'll continue to play with this further. Thanks again for all your help!

Josh
Reply With Quote
  #439  
Old 05-06-2013, 01:55 PM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 8,677
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlezen View Post
I don't currently have my laptop so don't know what the CAFD file name is. I did go into iDrive but did not see the "Turn Indicator" option in the HUD section. I'll continue to play with this further. Thanks again for all your help!

Josh
Well, when you find out what the name of the CAFD is, let me know and I will look at it.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - 2TB SAT / 6WB MFID Cluster / 4U1 Ceramic Controls / 6NR BMW Apps / Rear Fog Lights / Cyba Double Layer Black Chrome Quad Tips
Reply With Quote
  #440  
Old 05-06-2013, 05:44 PM
val3ntin3s's Avatar
val3ntin3s val3ntin3s is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: So Cal
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 424
Mein Auto: 2007 E92 335i ED SP
Shawn, can you PM the link with the latest PZ data please? Thank you
__________________


2012 F10 535i | Alpine White | ZPP | ZSP | Tech | Lip Spoiler

Sold - 2007 E92 335i | Spark. Graph. | ZSP | 6 speed MT | Lip Spoiler
Reply With Quote
  #441  
Old 05-06-2013, 08:23 PM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 8,677
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by val3ntin3s View Post
Shawn, can you PM the link with the latest PZ data please? Thank you
PM sent.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - 2TB SAT / 6WB MFID Cluster / 4U1 Ceramic Controls / 6NR BMW Apps / Rear Fog Lights / Cyba Double Layer Black Chrome Quad Tips
Reply With Quote
  #442  
Old 05-07-2013, 12:20 PM
firebull firebull is offline
Registered User
Location: Germany
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 23
Mein Auto: F31 330xd
Still one question:
Does anyone know if the DAB function can be activatet with esys or are there additional modules needed?

I found it in esys, but i dont have in in my car configuration....
Reply With Quote
  #443  
Old 05-07-2013, 02:08 PM
XQOS XQOS is offline
Registered User
Location: cALIFORNIA
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 17
Mein Auto: 750i F01
Software links

Hello,, Im just starting to code my 09 750, can someone send me links to the software? I ordered the cable from Ebay today.

BMW ENET ESYS E-SYS ICOM ISTA ETHERNET OBD CODING INTERFACE RJ45 CABLE F-SERIES

Thanks ...
Reply With Quote
  #444  
Old 05-07-2013, 03:09 PM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 8,677
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by firebull View Post
Still one question:
Does anyone know if the DAB function can be activatet with esys or are there additional modules needed?

I found it in esys, but i dont have in in my car configuration....
Do you have CIC / NBT? I thought the DAB Tuner was built into those in Europe, whereas we get a Sat Radio Tuner instead.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - 2TB SAT / 6WB MFID Cluster / 4U1 Ceramic Controls / 6NR BMW Apps / Rear Fog Lights / Cyba Double Layer Black Chrome Quad Tips

Last edited by shawnsheridan; 05-07-2013 at 03:11 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #445  
Old 05-07-2013, 03:12 PM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 8,677
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by XQOS View Post
Hello,, Im just starting to code my 09 750, can someone send me links to the software? I ordered the cable from Ebay today.

BMW ENET ESYS E-SYS ICOM ISTA ETHERNET OBD CODING INTERFACE RJ45 CABLE F-SERIES

Thanks ...
PM sent.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - 2TB SAT / 6WB MFID Cluster / 4U1 Ceramic Controls / 6NR BMW Apps / Rear Fog Lights / Cyba Double Layer Black Chrome Quad Tips
Reply With Quote
  #446  
Old 05-08-2013, 10:01 PM
Richy1877 Richy1877 is offline
Registered User
Location: Hong Kong
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2
Mein Auto: F30

Hi,
Since i got my F30 back from service, all my code was gone, then i have to re-code my car and the 3.814 no longer work, then i switch to 3.225 and 49.1, the IHKA module could be modified, but the FEM body got error said that file for cafd_0000794-004_228_010 not found, any idea of this issue? Thx in advance!!

Last edited by Richy1877; 05-09-2013 at 01:27 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #447  
Old 05-09-2013, 03:38 AM
firebull firebull is offline
Registered User
Location: Germany
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 23
Mein Auto: F31 330xd
I Have a new problem:

when i connect the first time to the 530d (F10, Built 05/2012) i can read all,
after clicking edit and exit the editet file i loose my connection.

I use latest psdzdata 49.3.

Can anyone tell me whats the problem here?

See screenshot here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/b6mhs1jfj8r5bml/error.PNG


Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote
  #448  
Old 05-09-2013, 07:19 AM
firebull firebull is offline
Registered User
Location: Germany
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 23
Mein Auto: F31 330xd
I have NBT (there i can find DAB (in US sat radio)

i just have all those ECUs:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nei7rp7gy1u0opk/ECU.PNG

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Do you have CIC / NBT? I thought the DAB Tuner was built into those in Europe, whereas we get a Sat Radio Tuner instead.

Last edited by firebull; 05-09-2013 at 07:37 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #449  
Old 05-09-2013, 07:23 AM
firebull firebull is offline
Registered User
Location: Germany
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 23
Mein Auto: F31 330xd
Yes, you will need 49.3 (i have this file in 49.3).

PM Sent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richy1877 View Post

Hi,
Since i got my F30 back from service, all my code was gone, then i have to re-code my car and the 3.814 no longer work, then i switch to 3.225 and 49.1, the IHKA module could be modified, but the FEM body got error said that file for cafd_0000794-004_228_010 not found, any idea of this issue? Thx in advance!!
Reply With Quote
  #450  
Old 05-09-2013, 09:07 AM
shawnsheridan's Avatar
shawnsheridan shawnsheridan is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Houston, TX
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 8,677
Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by firebull View Post
I Have a new problem:

when i connect the first time to the 530d (F10, Built 05/2012) i can read all,
after clicking edit and exit the editet file i loose my connection.

I use latest psdzdata 49.3.

Can anyone tell me whats the problem here?

See screenshot here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/b6mhs1jfj8r5bml/error.PNG


Thanks in advance
Are you using E-Sys 3.18.4?
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - 2TB SAT / 6WB MFID Cluster / 4U1 Ceramic Controls / 6NR BMW Apps / Rear Fog Lights / Cyba Double Layer Black Chrome Quad Tips
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms