Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series > E63 / E64 6 Series (2003 - 2013)

E63 / E64 6 Series (2003 - 2013)
The E63/E64 BMW 6 Series builds on BMW's sporty heritage with aggressive lines and an incredible motor to back the design up. Available in coupe and convertible trims with a standard 4.8 liter engine producing 360 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque, the 6-series is a popular choice that exceeds expectations.

Old 05-04-2013, 03:24 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 630i, 525i, 320iC
That Maserati is gorgeous! Best if luck with it, budget a few quid in reserve for clutches, I think they are a fragile element of that car. But it would be a small price to pay for the glorious sound it makes!
Definitely on my wish list, I might have to move to another country though!
Old 05-04-2013, 06:58 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 650 convertible!!!
Beautiful car! Good luck. I was just in buck head we'd night having dinner with a client. I only make it to atlanta once every couple of years...I noticed that the 6 was VERY common.

The Masarati must really standout in the crowd.
Old 05-04-2013, 09:24 AM

Mein Auto: 05 645ci
Nice!!!!

suprised not quad in rear...

Old 05-04-2013, 09:32 AM
Yup.

Mein Auto: Cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by 645/333 View Post
Another excellent choice in car and quite rare, I have seen a few in the UK, but the drivers seem to be the type that do not know how far the accelerator can be depressed
Not this one! I drive it like I stole it. Now it is nothing like the rarity of the B7. In fact, I saw more GT's in the past couple months than I saw B7's EVER in my life. So, I had to give up on having such a rare car, but even if it is less rare, it is still pretty cool to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 645/333 View Post
I very much like the Maserati, but have to say if you enjoy forums you will be a voice in the wilderness.
I agree with you that the 6 Series is by far the best forum on the internet with some excellent people with a real love of their cars who treat people with respect no matter how many times a thread is repeated because they have not gone through the history
I currently have a Mercedes and use a couple of their forums, and have found that the people on the forum are as far removed as BMW cars are from Mercedes. Worth buying a 6 again just to maintain the forum!!!!
Well I've been on MaseratiLife for a bit - and I was pleasantly surprised that it was not as silent as I had feared, which gives me some hope! But you are right, I may just have get one so that I can come back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel.ranter View Post
That Maserati is gorgeous! Best if luck with it, budget a few quid in reserve for clutches, I think they are a fragile element of that car. But it would be a small price to pay for the glorious sound it makes!
Definitely on my wish list, I might have to move to another country though!
Thank you! One of the main reasons I bought it was due to its beauty - and plus it is honestly more practical than the other cars I was considering, and simply felt more my style. It is not the F1 transmission which tends to eat clutches a bit fast, and I actually picked this particular one up as it is a CPO - so 6yr/100k mile warranty - so much less for me to worry about! Plus, I plan on driving her wherever and whenever I please, she won't be a garage queen - so a bit of insurance goes a long way for my peace of mind. Sound is fantastic - but now I am considering doing an exhaust mod to make it that much more fierce, and to add a valve to control the loudness. Can't wait to get into that kind of fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampamark View Post
Beautiful car! Good luck. I was just in buck head we'd night having dinner with a client. I only make it to atlanta once every couple of years...I noticed that the 6 was VERY common.

The Masarati must really standout in the crowd.
Thanks! You were right in my neck of the woods, no doubt only a couple miles from my house. Let me know when you are around! The 6 is extremely common, indeed - and it is always funny when I am caught staring at virtually any 6 out of the window of the GT!

The Maserati does stand out, and honestly, perhaps a bit too much for my liking. I got a great color combo, and specifically got a darker exterior. Then I blacked out 95 percent of the chrome trim and badges, and blacked out the wheels too - which gave it a pretty mean look and also made it a bit less noticeable (I had hoped). Anyway, people tend to treat you differently, you get random cars trying to race you constantly, people taking your picture, and strangers approach you at every turn, be it off the sidewalk, in a parking lot, gas station, etc wanting to talk to you about their latest business idea and if only you wanted to invest. I dunno, it's a cool car and all, but it gets a bit annoying/uncomfortable at times, especially with any female passengers. Maybe it is because I went from the ultimate understated car in the B7 to an often-deemed pretentious one with the Maserati- which makes it much more of stark difference in experience.

Maserati GT 4.2
Range Rover 4.4
Dodge Ram 1500

PAST: ALPINA B7, e63, e39, e39, e36

Last edited by Hossy; 05-04-2013 at 09:34 AM.
Old 05-04-2013, 09:39 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 BMW 650 vert
Farewell Gents - new girl in the stable

Great memories as well and congrats on the Maserati (I still have a soft spot for the gt cabrio). I stopped working in buckhead about a year ago and have been working in midtown. Will have to catch up sometime.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

'07 650i vert, beige/jet black, sports & cold weather pkgs, comfort access, logic 7, sat radio, Miro M6 wheels (with Michelin super sports), M6 spare tire, tint, windscreen, triple resonator delete, m-tec v3 AE's bulbs, corner bulb delete and m-tec fogs
'11 Acura MDX Advance with Entertainment pkg for wife - no mod's '04 Acura TSX (daughter) and '12 VW GTI - Autobahn (son)
Old 05-04-2013, 09:47 AM
Yup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigscore View Post
Nice!!!!

suprised not quad in rear...

It is, actually. The 4.7 is not, but sounds even better! Where are my manners?!? Some pics, but no real 'photo shoot' yet:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregb View Post
Great memories as well and congrats on the Maserati (I still have a soft spot for the gt cabrio). I stopped working in buckhead about a year ago and have been working in midtown. Will have to catch up sometime.

Would love to, Greg! I'm in midtown pretty often for extracurricular activities!

Maserati GT 4.2
Range Rover 4.4
Dodge Ram 1500

Old 05-04-2013, 10:41 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 650 convertible!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hossy View Post

The Maserati does stand out, and honestly, perhaps a bit too much for my liking. I got a great color combo, and specifically got a darker exterior. Then I blacked out 95 percent of the chrome trim and badges, and blacked out the wheels too - which gave it a pretty mean look and also made it a bit less noticeable (I had hoped). Anyway, people tend to treat you differently, you get random cars trying to race you constantly, people taking your picture, and strangers approach you at every turn, be it off the sidewalk, in a parking lot, gas station, etc wanting to talk to you about their latest business idea and if only you wanted to invest. I dunno, it's a cool car and all, but it gets a bit annoying/uncomfortable at times, especially with any female passengers. Maybe it is because I went from the ultimate understated car in the B7 to an often-deemed pretentious one with the Maserati- which makes it much more of stark difference in experience.
I hear you! I often think about getting a new car to replace the 6, the only problem is that I feel I have to step up in car class a bit. Which would mean a much flashier car. Here in Tampa you don't see many Masarati's or Ferrari's. I want one of those real bad and can afford it, but I know that the attention they would get would be even worse than you see. Sigh. We will see.

Unfortunately the time there was devoted to business, if I end up that way I will make sure the next day has a light schedule to allow me some time for shenanigans and give you a call!!!
Old 05-04-2013, 01:10 PM
David

Mein Auto: E63 M6 & E92 335i
Congrats on the new car! That thing is beautiful. The blacked out trim looks great. I am curious as to how the interior compares to your previous BMWs in terms of finish, materials, and technology. Please keep us updated on any problems you have as I may consider this for a replacement for my M next summer.

2008 E63 M6 - Black Sapphire - Sepang Bronze Full Merino - Carbon Fiber Trim - Alcantera Headliner - SMG - HUD - Soft Close Doors - Comfort Access - Individual Audio w/Sat and HD Radio
2009 E92 335i - Black Sapphire - Black Dakota - Burl Walnut - Sport - Premium - Cold Weather - Navigation - L7 - Comfort Access - Smoker's Package

Member: BMWCCA #471614
Old 05-04-2013, 06:10 PM

Mein Auto: 2005 645Ci & 2007 750Li
That is a great looking car. My neighbor down the street got one recently, in the same color. That is the 1st I have seen in Augusta, so it's always nice to see a new ride!

Enjoy!
Old 05-05-2013, 12:35 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 650 Coupe
Farewell Gents - new girl in the stable

Great choice Hoss!

2012 650 Coupe - Alpine White / Black Interior / M Package / Premium Sound
Previous Bimmers:
2008 650i Convertible - Monaco Blue / Saddle Brown Pearl Leather / Premium Sound / Sport / Cold / Comfort Access / Lane Departure / HD Radio / Sat Radio
2004 645Ci Convertible - Reverse Sensors / Reverse Camera / Retro iPod
2005 545i Sedan
2003 330Ci Convertible
2001 330Ci Coupe
1998 323i Convertible
1995 318i Sedan
Old 05-06-2013, 09:55 AM
Yup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampamark View Post
Here in Tampa you don't see many Masarati's or Ferrari's. I want one of those real bad and can afford it, but I know that the attention they would get would be even worse than you see. Sigh. We will see.
Interesting - I would have thought you would see quite a few there! I am still interested in relocating to that area at some point. Either way, the attention isn't THAT bad, it is just an adjustment - and it can be annoying. Otherwise, it is a very enjoyable car to own - and hell, I buy cars for me, not for anyone else!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Db750 View Post
Congrats on the new car! That thing is beautiful. The blacked out trim looks great. I am curious as to how the interior compares to your previous BMWs in terms of finish, materials, and technology. Please keep us updated on any problems you have as I may consider this for a replacement for my M next summer.
Thanks! I ended up doing the trim and wheels and such myself, as I just couldn't wait for the shop to do it.

The interior is nice - however I can honestly say that the seats are NOT nearly as comfortable as any other BMW I've ever had. Otherwise, finish and materials are excellent - but the technology (like so many in this category) is always a bit late, lacking the latest and greatest features that a Toyota Corolla would have. It does have an interesting 30GB HD to copy music to, although that is sometimes a quirky thing. There are a couple areas starting to show some wear, as on the buttons there is the plastic coating that tends to come off a bit, for the ones most often used. And there is some leather trim that seems to be losing adhesive in the rear window area, but I was told that the dealer would likely cover it as it is under warranty, I just haven't taken it in.

Otherwise, I am very happy overall with the car, and it is a nice progression from previous cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbP View Post
That is a great looking car. My neighbor down the street got one recently, in the same color. That is the 1st I have seen in Augusta, so it's always nice to see a new ride!

Enjoy!
Same color, nice! Soooo many of them are black, which I did not want- and then silver, white, and red are all over the place. This color (actually called Grinito Grigio) was a perfect balance, and I get a lot of compliments on it from other GT drivers (who are usually driving a black one).

I do tend to forget that it is a bit rarer in other areas, especially outside of a large metro area. I was at the dealer talking to them about it, and one of the sales guys said something about owning a rare car, and I looked at him strangely. Sure, it is not as popular as the average car, but my definition of rare comes from the B7. The fact that I have seen more than a 3 in the past few months doesn't quite land it into "rare" territory for me. But I'm confident that if I moved out of the city, or to the midwest, it would feel pretty rare!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopDownInFL View Post
Great choice Hoss!
Thanks Nick! I know you get into ATL every now and then too, don't hesitate to hit me up!

Maserati GT 4.2
Range Rover 4.4
Dodge Ram 1500

Last edited by Hossy; 05-06-2013 at 09:57 AM.
Old 05-06-2013, 03:58 PM

Mein Auto: 06' BMW 650i
That car is hot, good lord! Enjoy the ride.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:50 PM

What year is this one...09', 10'? Badass for sure dude.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:41 PM

Mein Auto: '04 M3 / '06 650i Cab
Sex on wheels. Congrats on the new toy Hoss, love it.
'02 Highlander - kid hauler
'01 330Ci - winter beater