Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X1 E84 (2011 - current)

X1 E84 (2011 - current)
The new to the US BMW X1 will arrive at BMW dealers in the fall of 2012 as a 2013 model year. Get your X1 28i with either sDrive (RWD) or xDrive (AWD) or get the US exclusive I6 N55 powered X1 35i dDrive.

Old 04-29-2013, 12:40 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '13 135i M Sport 7DCT
X1 2.8 Sdrive M Sport comfort

How harsh is X1 M Sport suspension (X or S drive, not sure if there's a difference) compared to E90 sport suspension and F30 suspension with DHP?

I currently drive E90 328i (RWD) with sport suspension and DWS tires. I am fine with current ride, but if X1 is harsher or more sharp I might have to reconsider it, since local roads are terrible and there's only so much DWS tires can do.

I would imagine X1 would have more suspension travel (BMW calling it an SAV) and as such it should be pretty comfortable, but for some reason I think that it would be pretty jarring ride.

I plan to try and get a test drive, but I am pretty sure it would be pretty hard to find sDrive M Sport car on dealer lot.

P.S.

I am not looking for a comfortable ride, but I can't live with extremely harsh ride either. Recently I test drove Mini Cooper S with run flats and it was unbearable on local roads.
Ads by Google
Old 04-29-2013, 01:04 PM

Mein Auto: Mini Cooper S
Ride

Just picked up an M Sport sDrive and the ride is very comfortable on two lane and the interstate. Out other car is a Toyota. The X1 is firmer but by no means stiff.
Old 04-29-2013, 03:19 PM

Mein Auto: X1 x28i; 128i; S2000
My parents have a F30 with DHP. We also have a 2009 128i with sport suspension and DWS tires and traded a 2009 E90 335i sport for the X1 x28i M Sport. The M Sport suspension is more forgiving than all of the above.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:02 AM

Mein Auto: 07 Z4, 77 Porsche, 11 528
Run Flat, Run Hard

My M-Sport X1 in on "das boot" right now. Since I will have to replace the run flats just before lease termiation, I'm going to put some sticky, smooth riding HP tires on now and put the run flats back on at end of lease. Did this on my wife's 2011 528i. The change in ride quality and sound from RF to conventional is well worth it.