Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X1 E84 (2011 - current)

X1 E84 (2011 - current)
The new to the US BMW X1 will arrive at BMW dealers in the fall of 2012 as a 2013 model year. Get your X1 28i with either sDrive (RWD) or xDrive (AWD) or get the US exclusive I6 N55 powered X1 35i dDrive.

Old 05-14-2013, 08:28 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 X1
Just ordered my M Sport X1!

I've wanted a BMW for more than half of my life (I'm 31) and finally ordered my first one! I've driven VW's and Mini's until now, and was finally able to get myself into a position to make the step up to BMW.

Due to the options that I wanted, we had to order it from the factory, and thus begins the long and painful wait before I receive this awesome piece of machinery of which I've lusted over for many a day and night.

Without further ado, here are the specs:

Xdrive28i
M Sport
Le Mans Blue
Lighting package
Tech Package
Heated front seats
Panoramic Moonroof

Just received my production number from my sales associate, and my vehicle status is 112. So it's been ordered and confirmed, and will begin production soon!

I'll update this thread when I get the car with some pictures, but I just wanted to share the good news with the community
Ads by Google
Old 05-14-2013, 09:00 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 535i and BMW X1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bptsull View Post
I've wanted a BMW for more than half of my life (I'm 31) and finally ordered my first one! I've driven VW's and Mini's until now, and was finally able to get myself into a position to make the step up to BMW.

Due to the options that I wanted, we had to order it from the factory, and thus begins the long and painful wait before I receive this awesome piece of machinery of which I've lusted over for many a day and night.

Without further ado, here are the specs:

Xdrive28i
M Sport
Le Mans Blue
Lighting package
Tech Package
Heated front seats
Panoramic Moonroof

Just received my production number from my sales associate, and my vehicle status is 112. So it's been ordered and confirmed, and will begin production soon!

I'll update this thread when I get the car with some pictures, but I just wanted to share the good news with the community
I went to the dealer on April 27th, ordered my X1 butI haven't gotten anything from my dealer like a production number or vehicle status. How soon did you get the two info?
Old 05-14-2013, 09:33 AM

Mein Auto: Ordered: X1 sDrive 28i
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbercasio View Post
I went to the dealer on April 27th, ordered my X1 butI haven't gotten anything from my dealer like a production number or vehicle status. How soon did you get the two info?
You need to ask your sales agent. They can give you an estimate of when your car will begin prod and also a production number that you can use in the BMW site.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramosc View Post
You need to ask your sales agent. They can give you an estimate of when your car will begin prod and also a production number that you can use in the BMW site.
Did your sales agent give you the numbers on the same day you ordered your car? Did you already pay for it?
Old 05-14-2013, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Did your sales agent give you the numbers on the same day you ordered your car? Did you already pay for it?
I have a deposit.. He gave me on day 1 an estimate on when it would start prod and maybe 3-4 days later the production #
Old 05-14-2013, 09:51 AM

Quote:
I have a deposit.. He gave me on day 1 an estimate on when it would start prod and maybe 3-4 days later the production #
I put a deposit too. I just emailed my sales agent. Thanks
Old 05-14-2013, 09:54 AM

Quote:
I put a deposit too. I just emailed my sales agent. Thanks
From what i've read your production could be delayed depending on how many available production slots your dealer has. It should not be more than a few weeks.. Good luck!
Old 05-14-2013, 09:55 AM

I ordered my car this past Saturday. The dealer has a "pipeline" of cars that are allocated to them from the manufacturer. These cars have different anticipated build dates and thus different production codes. If one of these cars in the pipeline does not get ordered by a customer, the dealer will outfit it with specifications they think people want, and the car will get built and go on the lot. If a customer name gets attached to one of these cars, they will get pushed forward in the priority list as a custom build.

The day I ordered my car, my sales advisor showed me that they had only one X1 that would begin production this month, which built a sense of urgency for me to order the car, naturally.

So I ordered the car on Saturday, without the tech package. I called the SA on Monday and added the tech package. Later that night, she emailed me with the production number. I did put a $1000 deposit down on Saturday to secure the car.
Old 05-14-2013, 10:33 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 s28i X1
Congrats, I love the build, and you'll love the car!
Old 05-14-2013, 10:42 AM

Mein Auto: 13' X1 35i
Congrats! How exciting.

What were some of your no cost options?
Interior Trim? Wheel style?
Old 05-14-2013, 11:16 AM

Quote:
From what i've read your production could be delayed depending on how many available production slots your dealer has. It should not be more than a few weeks.. Good luck!
Ok I got the vin and production date then log in to "MY BMW" and add the production date but no addition info. Is this the right location on the BMW website to find production date etc?
Old 05-14-2013, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonex1 View Post
Congrats! How exciting.

What were some of your no cost options?
Interior Trim? Wheel style?
Got the black leatherette, crosshatch aluminum trim and 18" M wheel package.
Old 05-14-2013, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Ok I got the vin and production date then log in to "MY BMW" and add the production date but no addition info. Is this the right location on the BMW website to find production date etc?
It is now on "My BMW", it wasn't the first time I logged in. Production had already started :-)
Old 05-14-2013, 01:00 PM

Quote:
It is now on "My BMW", it wasn't the first time I logged in. Production had already started :-)
"Let there be light.... and there was light".
"Let there be guitars.... and there was guitar".
"Let there be BMW's....and there was BMW's".

Old 05-14-2013, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonex1 View Post
"Let there be light.... and there was light".
"Let there be guitars.... and there was guitar".
"Let there be BMW's....and there was BMW's".

Hahaha let there be BMWs!

I'm glad you can see it now.. now you will be refreshing every 5 mins!! the wait is painful!! I'm about 2 weeks away from taking delivery!
Old 05-14-2013, 07:20 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 x1 28i
I will be taking possession of mine tomorrow. The "track my BMW" feature on the BMW site was surprisingly accurate in my case. Right down to the day of delivery to the dealership. What is more fun, is finding out what ship your's is on, and then going to www.marinetraffic.com and tracking the ship from Bremerhaven to the east coast. Mine of course took a lot longer than yours will, since mine had to come through the Panama Canal and up to California, but it helps to track the ship to kill some time.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:12 PM

So I just logged on to track my car, and it has begun production

I think this is a much more personal way to purchase car than to simply pick one off the lot and drive it home that day. The anticipation of my car arriving, and not a car that a dealer ordered will be so rewarding. But damn, is it hard to wait...
Old 05-15-2013, 09:41 PM

Quote:

I think this is a much more personal way to purchase car than to simply pick one off the lot and drive it home that day. The anticipation of my car arriving, and not a car that a dealer ordered will be so rewarding. But damn, is it hard to wait...
+1

For me, it was my first order. (purchased 3 cars prior off the lot)
What I quickly realized is how much I learned about buying a vehicle.
It made the purchasing experience painless, fun and rewarding.

I think the key though, whether ordering, or finding one on a lot, is knowing what you want, not what the dealer wants you to want.
Old 05-16-2013, 02:35 PM

Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:

+1

Makes the car yours and not some generic model, although sometimes you can be lucky and get just what you want from dealer inventory. We have had 12 BMWs and have custom ordered 10 of them. They always feel special (and easier to to live with if it is not quite right). Colors are the most difficult and we usually use what is in inventory to judge the colors before ordering.

2012 Space Grey 528i MSport
2013 Valencia Orange X1 xDrive28i
Old 05-17-2013, 09:29 AM

Mein Auto: X1

Quote:

Congratulations on your order. I got the same config with the red leather seats. i love it so much. You'll also appreciate that ordered cars are reserved for their intended owners and the CA should not let anybody test drive it. Getting in and seeing 7 miles on the odometer was so satisfying. Next time I'm doing ED so I can see 0 miles.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 05-17-2013, 03:26 PM
General of the Universe

Mein Auto: Porsche Panamera 4S

Congrats man. One thing you may want to consider is that by the time you load up those options on a 28 why not just get the 35 which will narrow the gap given the std options and be better on resale?

Old 05-17-2013, 03:27 PM
General of the Universe

Which is what happened with me. I love the nimbleness of the 28 S drive but by the time I put my options on it the 35 was only a few grand more

Old 05-17-2013, 04:01 PM

a few grand more may only be "a few grand more" to some, but there is a reason I'm getting the x1 and not the x5 Yes, I could afford more, but just dont want to. Very happy with the 28, it's plenty fast for me...if I need something fast I'll buy a sports car
Old 05-18-2013, 08:31 AM
General of the Universe

I wasn't thinking its just a few grand more to spend but rather it will be worth 5-7k more in resale vs a loaded 28. I think when you sell it you would see it back and then some.
Old 05-18-2013, 08:48 AM

Mein Auto: FX35
ky soldier, not for this buyer. Wait until gas goes to $5 per gallon like leftists want it too