Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)

X3 E83 (2004 - 2010)
Talk about the E83 BMW X3 in this forum!

Old 05-13-2013, 07:30 AM

Mein Auto: X3
I-phone Bluetooth connectivity

Good afternoon, I have just bought my first BMW, an X3 3.0i M Sport for my wife! It's in stunning condition for a 54 plate with 50,000 on the clock. All works well except I cannot get her (or my) I- phone 4 to connect to the car via Bluetooth. Never had a problem with other cars but this one does not want to know! I can get the 'activate phone' caption on the car screen but I do not seem to be able to select it. Additionally ours phones are unable to detect a device associated with the car. Does anybody have any ideas or experienced this themselves, I would be most grateful for any help or advice.
Ads by Google
Old 05-13-2013, 07:49 AM
Account closed at users request

Mein Auto: 2009 X3
Did you read the owners manual? I had problems as well because the system is over intuitive IMO. Mine connected when I turned the ignition on and the phone w/bluetooth on. And within 2 miuntes it should ask for the PASScode. Make sure you have the BT code on hand in order to connect your phone. Look for a card with your owners manual that lists the PASScode on it. I found it confusing because it was WAY to automatic.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sea...rchid=20446280

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...nect+bluetooth

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...nect+bluetooth
Old 05-14-2013, 01:36 AM

Dear Grabby 544,
Thanks for your reply and I can confirm I had already done as you suggested and still no joy. I may have to bite the bullet and take it to my local dealer, who has suggested my phone might be too modern for the car. I'll keep you posted!
Thanks
Old 05-14-2013, 06:42 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E53 X5 2004 3.0 SPORT
I have exactly the same issue - let me know if you get it sorted please
Old 05-16-2013, 01:06 PM

Sorted !! basically follow the instructions in the handbook. The mistake I, and the guy at the BMW dealership, were making was using the phone button on the steering wheel to try to set up the device pairing. This is wrong, you must use the button in the top part of the interseat storage compartment. The button has exactly the same icon as the one on the steering wheel but obviously has a different function. Confusing I know and although I like the kit on my new BMW, I do not find some of it intuitive, the SatNav being very over complicated. Had the set up not worked my next move would have been to disconnect the Bluetooth unit power lead and replace after 10 secs and try again. I believe the unit is in the left side of the boot at the bottom of the compartment. There is a very good thread on page 3 (I think) that even has photos. Hope this helps, good luck.

Best Regards
Old 05-16-2013, 04:06 PM
Account closed at users request

Mein Auto: 2009 X3
Re: I-phone Bluetooth connectivity

It's so easy, its a pain in the butt. Took me two days and this forum to get it right

Sent from my ADR6350 using BimmerApp mobile app