Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 05-16-2013, 02:56 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 28i X3
F25 engine hesitation

I have a 2012 x3 28i with only 8,000 km. I have had this issue of hesitation when I depress the accelerator from a stop, it feels like it is turbo lag but there is no turbo? What is scary is sometimes when I enter a curve and want accelerate briskly, I depress the accelerator and the car just chokes? That is dangerous when you want to get out of the way!

Has anyone experienced anything like this with this six cylinder engine?
Ads by Google
Old 05-16-2013, 03:33 PM
just some random guy

Mein Auto: 2014 X3 35i
I've read something about this: see http://www.trucktrend.com/roadtests/...e_8/index.html

I think there's a software update that fixes the problem.
Old 05-16-2013, 07:20 PM
2011 X3 35i

Mein Auto: 2011 X3 35i
See linked thread w/ service bulletin attached.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=685270
Old 05-17-2013, 01:48 PM

Thanks for the links, the one on bimmerfest deals with the 35i but the other on trukertrend seems interesting, i will have to go see my dealer concerning this service bulletin!

2010 Mini Cooper S
Old 05-18-2013, 04:32 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 x3 28i
The software updates from the dealer will fix the problem. I've had them done on my 2011 28 and all the hesitation is gone.
Old 05-18-2013, 10:39 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 X3 28i
My codes are up to date, but when I floor the gas pedal my x3 still needs half a second to take a deep breath before the acceleration kicks in. I am more used to it now, X3 is after all a SUV and you just can't drive it like a sedan.

Last edited by edbiology; 05-19-2013 at 12:09 AM.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:02 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 X3 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by edbiology View Post
X3 is an SUV and you just can't drive it like a sedan.
I've driven plenty of SUVs that cost much less and do not exhibit any hesitation (my vehicle software is up to date). I understand there was an error made and they've tried to fix it with software, but the drivetrain is the most important part of the vehicle and not having a proper resolution is unacceptable.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:52 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 X3 M-Sport
Agreed. There should be no hesitation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceManGray View Post
I've driven plenty of SUVs that cost much less and do not exhibit any hesitation (my vehicle software is up to date). I understand there was an error made and they've tried to fix it with software, but the drivetrain is the most important part of the vehicle and not having a proper resolution is unacceptable.
Old 05-22-2013, 03:16 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 x3 2.8
Delayed throttle response

There is a software upgrade SIB# 12-17-12.. ( unfavorable EGS and DME software) had this upgrade done on my 2011 28i X3 08-11 May 13 ..... along with 2yr service... (let the fun begin).. (per dealer work invoice...HIGHHEAD RADIO UNIT FAILED DURING PROGRAMMING FOR VEHICLE HESITATION CONCERN. CAUSE: INTERNAL FAILURE..
Replaced car infotainment computer.. exchange CIC. reprogram/encode
Dealer had vehicle for 4 days, had to order part(s). picked up vehicle after service dept closed, an early Saturday eve, as per service writers appox. time that repairs would be complete, he was waiting to leave also.
( surprise, surprise)... after reprogramming hu- unit, Sirius radio and Navigation system were wiped out, re-entering map release code did not restore system . (guess somebody had to get home early and didn't check ) I found out after I left that systems weren't working. after many calls as to what might be the problem with the map code vehicle has to be returned to reprogram/encode hu-unit per by service writer.. haven't been there yet, (vacation etc.) also didn't want to risk loosing my vehicle for another 4 days... also I don't think they would want me to take their loaner car (left at long term airport parking lot) on vacation with me. GOOD LUCK with yours...
Old 05-25-2013, 06:42 PM

Wow! I am bringing it to the dealer in two weeks, they say they are aware of the service bulletin but require the vehicle for the whole day as it is a long process to program it. I hope I have better luck than you and hope nothing goes wrong!

2010 Mini Cooper S