Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Tire Rack's Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension

Tire Rack's Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension
Discuss everything about wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your BMW.

Sponsored by The Tirerack. Moderated by Gary@Tirerack.com

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-17-2013, 11:06 AM
selole selole is offline
Registered User
Location: Brampton On
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 11
Mein Auto: BMW 328IS
[question] Will these rims fit ?

So i was looking at getting some rims for my 328is coupe e36. Im looking at a pair of 17" m3 rims,(The 67 style ones) and was wondering if one of you wheel experts, could let me know if they would fit on my car. (without having to do a lip roll or camber thanks) . (Stock suspension)

Details

225/45R17 and a 47mm offset (Tire size used from previous owner)
__________________


1996 328is coupe
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #2  
Old 05-18-2013, 10:04 AM
LMC's Avatar
LMC LMC is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Oregon
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 3,777
Mein Auto: X3
OE BMW style 67 rims are 18-inchers fitted to the E46 M3. 225/45R-18 tires in front etc.

E36 M3s used 17-inchers with a 41mm offset and 225/45R-17 in front.

Plus there were all sort of replica wheels made for both those M3 generations, so it is a little hard to know exactly what you've got there...

If it really is a set of genuine OE M3 wheels -- 7.5 inch wide in front, 8.5 inch wide in rear with 41 offset F & R,I don't think those wider rears will fit. But four front wheels will.
__________________
Larry
BMW CCA #115780
'14 X3 35i M sport

Last edited by LMC; 05-18-2013 at 10:06 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-18-2013, 10:14 AM
selole selole is offline
Registered User
Location: Brampton On
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 11
Mein Auto: BMW 328IS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMC View Post
OE BMW style 67 rims are 18-inchers fitted to the E46 M3. 225/45R-18 tires in front etc.

E36 M3s used 17-inchers with a 41mm offset and 225/45R-17 in front.

Plus there were all sort of replica wheels made for both those M3 generations, so it is a little hard to know exactly what you've got there...

If it really is a set of genuine OE M3 wheels -- 7.5 inch wide in front, 8.5 inch wide in rear with 41 offset F & R,I don't think those wider rears will fit. But four front wheels will.
Thanks for the info, im gunna go try them on today and see what happens. Will post back with the answer.
__________________


1996 328is coupe
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-18-2013, 03:51 PM
selole selole is offline
Registered User
Location: Brampton On
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 11
Mein Auto: BMW 328IS
Quote:
Originally Posted by selole View Post
Thanks for the info, im gunna go try them on today and see what happens. Will post back with the answer.
Fit like a charm. Biggest wheels fit the back no problem, 8.5" is the max though still could have fit another inch in diameter but ill just lower the car a bit.
__________________


1996 328is coupe
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-19-2013, 10:46 PM
selole selole is offline
Registered User
Location: Brampton On
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 11
Mein Auto: BMW 328IS
Quote:
Originally Posted by selole View Post
Fit like a charm. Biggest wheels fit the back no problem, 8.5" is the max though still could have fit another inch in diameter but ill just lower the car a bit.
__________________


1996 328is coupe
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Tire Rack's Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms