Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 05-19-2013, 07:08 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 BMW X3 35i M Sport
I have done this multiple times. always shows success. all services show working in car. and most do appear to work. Except cant' send google maps to car. still fail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewsky View Post
I did an update to bmw assist from the vehicle and everything magically started working. You can try this to see if it helps you:

ConnectedDrive --> Status --> Update
Old 05-19-2013, 11:44 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 328 xDrive
Does BMW Assist working in '14s??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironfan View Post
yeh, when I said mine worked I forgot about the internet browser not working.
My BMW online doesn't work. When you say everything works for you except the Internet browser, is that part of BMW online? What else does BMW online comprise of- weather etc. ?

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 05-20-2013, 03:52 AM

Mein Auto: X3
I update continually and the updates are always successful. However all services are still in blue and nothing is selectable.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:37 PM

Mein Auto: NA
Re: Does BMW Assist working in '14s??

thanks drewsky! it did not work for me. i called bmw assist on my phone and they said they would report it and get back to me. not sure how long it will take though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using BimmerApp mobile app
Old 05-21-2013, 05:20 PM

just got off the phone with BMW Assist. they say the database for 2014's has been resolved. BUT... some other system is down and completion of the enrollments is not working. WTF?
these excuses are a joke...big Fail for BMW, imo.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:51 PM

Mein Auto: X3 28i
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilbagh View Post
My BMW online doesn't work. When you say everything works for you except the Internet browser, is that part of BMW online? What else does BMW online comprise of- weather etc. ?

Online works for me, the weather etc. but when I click on the internet option it says I don't have a subscription for it. If i remember correctly the internet option is at the same menu level as BMW online and not underneath it.
2014 X3 28i - Deep Sea Blue Metallic - Black 'Nevada' Leather - Brushed Aluminum - Cold Weather - Driver Assistance with Top View - Lighting - Premium - Technology - Satin Aluminum Roof rails - Rear manual side window shades
Old 05-22-2013, 06:54 AM

Mein Auto: '14 X3 35i-M Space Grey
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironfan View Post
Online works for me, the weather etc. but when I click on the internet option it says I don't have a subscription for it. If i remember correctly the internet option is at the same menu level as BMW online and not underneath it.
Just checking, but you do realize that the Internet menu item you are selecting is a separate paid-for line item, right? It doesn't come with anything else in bmw-assist.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:02 AM

Heads UP!! BMW Assist is now working for me. I called them and they said the system (database) from Germany has been updated. They created a password and instructed me in how to use the remote app. I can succesfully send google maps now.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:19 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 Space Metal Gray X3

Thanks for the update! Will try tonight after work to see if working!

Old 05-22-2013, 01:21 PM

I just pressed the button again and connected with them. She checked with a supervisor who researched my ticket and the word is that except for the BMW Assist emergency service other services will not be available until mid-June. If some of you have all services available I think the people we are contacting are clueless.
Old 05-22-2013, 03:31 PM

Mein Auto: X3 28i
Quote:
Just checking, but you do realize that the Internet menu item you are selecting is a separate paid-for line item, right? It doesn't come with anything else in bmw-assist.
Yeh, I had mentioned that in a previous post but forgot to mention it in this one.
2014 X3 28i - Deep Sea Blue Metallic - Black 'Nevada' Leather - Brushed Aluminum - Cold Weather - Driver Assistance with Top View - Lighting - Premium - Technology - Satin Aluminum Roof rails - Rear manual side window shades
Old 05-23-2013, 04:55 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 x3 35i

Fresh from BMW

We are currently experiencing issues with the MyInfo and BMW Online services on selected 2014 Model Year vehicles. Please review the information below regarding the situation and its current recommended solution.
Situation
Some Model Year 2014 vehicles will not have access to MyInfo and BMW Online. All other features of BMW Assist, including the safety services Emergency Call and Automatic Collision Notification, are still fully functional.
Affected Vehicles
2014MY 6 Series produced 3/2013 or later
2014MY X3 produced 4/2013 or later, equipped with option 6AC
2014MY 3 Series Sports Wagon produced 3/2013 or later, equipped with option 6AC
2014MY X1 produced 3/2013 or later, equipped with option 6AC
2014MY Z4 produced 3/2013 or later, equipped with option 6AC
Current Solution
Send an email to xxxx and include the following information:
1. VIN
2. Description of Customer Issue
Our team will remedy the issue and report back to you when the fix is complete.

Old 05-23-2013, 06:48 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 Space Metal Gray X3

Not working. Per Customer relations, they expect it to take another week to resolve. Of course, it differs with who you speak to....

Old 05-23-2013, 07:04 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 X3 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfiermon View Post
Fresh from BMW

We are currently experiencing issues with the MyInfo and BMW Online services on selected 2014 Model Year vehicles. Please review the information below regarding the situation and its current recommended solution.
Situation
Some Model Year 2014 vehicles will not have access to MyInfo and BMW Online. All other features of BMW Assist, including the safety services Emergency Call and Automatic Collision Notification, are still fully functional.
Affected Vehicles
2014MY 6 Series produced 3/2013 or later
2014MY X3 produced 4/2013 or later, equipped with option 6AC
2014MY 3 Series Sports Wagon produced 3/2013 or later, equipped with option 6AC
2014MY X1 produced 3/2013 or later, equipped with option 6AC
2014MY Z4 produced 3/2013 or later, equipped with option 6AC
Current Solution
Send an email to xxxx and include the following information:
1. VIN
2. Description of Customer Issue
Our team will remedy the issue and report back to you when the fix is complete.

Hi sfiermon, Where did you see this posted?
Old 05-23-2013, 07:13 AM

SA gave it to me

Old 05-23-2013, 07:34 AM

SA gave it to me

Old 05-23-2013, 07:48 AM

Re: Does BMW Assist working in '14s??

Thank you sir

Sent from my SCH-I905 using BimmerApp mobile app
Old 05-23-2013, 07:51 AM

I started this thread and was super pissed that it wasn't working. I called to complain nearly every other day. I can def confirm on my end most features are working where previously they didn't. send google maps to car was my most imp feature. it did not work when I started the thread... it DOES work for me now. When I spoke to BMW Assist they def knew there was a 2014 database issue (which is what your SA gave you). But they also knew it was just updated and slowly the 2014 are pushing thru. my advice CALL BMW Assist. they can get your enrollment to go thru. After the assist person confirmed my assist info. he created a password. username was email. this password allows u to use the BMW Remote app from iOS store. when u use the PW on the app u are prompted to create a 4 digit new PW for app. when that finally worked the whole assist package started working for me. specifically sending google maps to car.
good luck
Old 05-23-2013, 08:04 AM

Scottjays, my enrollment is set up. I can use my password that I set up with the dealer in BMW Remote and can now send maps to the car. That feature was enabled after a month or so of waiting. The BMW Assist folks say all services should be available to me but they aren't. Also I can't send maps to the car using a desktop, which I think I should be able to do. But the remote app is fine for me. Maybe they are rolling this out gradually which I don't understand if that is the case.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:08 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 x3 Msport
Mine finally started working by conference calling the bmw assist people through the SOS button and bmw customer care department. Now able to send maps to the car and use remote app.

However as soon as that was done the part of bmw assist that was working, bmw online, stopped working. I can't even pull it up on the screen.

Completely frustrated.
2014 X3 35i. Vermillion Red Metallic, Leather Nevada Mojave, Fineline Wave Wood, M Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Driver Assistance Package with Top View, Dynamic Handling Package, Premium Package, Technology Package, Rear Manual Side Window Shades (for my new little baby girl )

Retired 2008 335 xi
Old 05-23-2013, 04:25 PM

Whoohoo! Checked BMW on-line on the way home from work. It worked! Just tested MyInfo with Google map and it works. Finally!!!!!
Old 05-24-2013, 08:16 PM

Mein Auto: NA
Just updated bmw assist through ConnectedDrive --> Status --> Update, it worked! Now I can send address to my car and log into my remote bmw app on my phone. Internet still not working though.
Old 05-25-2013, 05:12 AM

Mein Auto: 325CIC, 335CIC
Quote:
Just want to re-iterate this - BMW Online should be working - it works fine for me, that is weather, news, google local search, sports etc., send to car from google maps etc. That is included for 3 years in the US.

The full internet browser is a separate thing - it is I think $200 extra per year for unlimited usage and I was told 2nd half was their new date to get it working (although don't really believe them as the answers are all over the place.)

Has anyone paid the internet subscription yet and have the browser working??
Old 05-28-2013, 09:27 AM

Connected drive is NOT working for me where it used to work. I did have success with it working for me last week. Sending google maps was working. Now when I send google maps to car, message says "successfully sent to vehicle". But vehicle is not receiving the maps. Also connected drive, specifically BMW online not working at all. Total BS.
Old 05-28-2013, 01:39 PM

Mein Auto: '14 X3 35i-M Space Grey
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadkillrob View Post
Just want to re-iterate this - BMW Online should be working - it works fine for me, that is weather, news, google local search, sports etc., send to car from google maps etc. That is included for 3 years in the US.

The full internet browser is a separate thing - it is I think $200 extra per year for unlimited usage and I was told 2nd half was their new date to get it working (although don't really believe them as the answers are all over the place.)

Has anyone paid the internet subscription yet and have the browser working??
Just me, Rob. Mine works as of early May. And it's $250 for 3 years for the internet browser.