Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > F10 M5 (2012 - Current)

F10 M5 (2012 - Current)
The count down is on. The BMW M5 F10 will be released on April 1st, 2011!

Old 05-22-2013, 05:26 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 M5 MONTE CARLO BLUE
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrsbmw View Post
I have nothing against Yankees, the war was long ago but my family remembers it well. I am 5th generation Texan and my ancestors fought in the battle of New Orleans under Andrew Jackson. I have been to Maine, Kittery and parts north along the coast. It's very pretty in the summer. I remember having lobster at a place called the Chauncey Creek Lobster Pier. You picked your lobsters out of a tank and they boiled them for you. I had a company OEM my software that was headquartered in Nashua, Altaworks, which was why I was up there. This was back in 2000. That was a real good deal for about 7 years. They paid me a nice big license fee and maintenance but never succeeded and were eventually bought out by OPNET. That was back when I needed to work for a living. Made good money in high tech for many years but ended up with colon cancer in 2006, which I beat.

What I found out about life is that money is just a way to help you enjoy life and if you spread it around, you tend to get more of it back. If you are cheap and penurious, people will generally be that way with you. You should probably reward yourself with the 2014 M5 with the competition package and then come back and brag about having the best BMW makes.
First off I would like to say that even though I have not met you in person I have a lot of respect for you for surviving colon cancer. I have had family members and co-workers that have battled cancer. Again keep up the fight and I respect what you have been thru and you know what for what you have been thru I don't blame you one bit, you want a m5 more power to you enjoy it !
Keep in mind, thru our discussions all I have been trying to say is that I didn't feel the m5 was worth the dollar amount that they want over a DINAN 550.
That being said I love the m5 and if the dealership I am negociating with gets real with the trade difference I will buy a m5, but believe me the two cars are not as far apart as a lot of people think. The 550 DINAN can be considered a less expensive m5.

I apologize for some of the previous comments, nothing personal.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:33 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 F10 M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTC View Post
I apologize for some of the previous comments, nothing personal.
No problem, I didn't take offense, it's just ribbing. We both like our BMWs or we wouldn't be on the board. Check my garage, you can see all three of mine. They are all great cars! I saw yours and it's nice.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrsbmw View Post
No problem, I didn't take offense, it's just ribbing. We both like our BMWs or we wouldn't be on the board. Check my garage, you can see all three of mine. They are all great cars! I saw yours and it's nice.
Very nice bmw's ! By the way how is the x5 as a all around vehicle ? I actually thought about a x 5 m, but my heart is with the M5. The color combination I fell in love with is the sahkir orange with the black leather, although your individual silver is very nice.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:52 PM

The X5 is the best SUV we have owned and with 5 kids we had several. We had a Lexus LX470 from 2000 to 2005 and a Suburban with aftermarket add-ons in the mid to late 90s. The 5.0i is our second X5 and it's really powerful. When we first got it, it was faster than my 535 and that is why I got the Dinan mod. Now that I have the M5, I think we have the perfect combo. I like that Sahkir orange and I think black leather is the right contrast. I have seen them reversed and I don't think that is so great.

The silver was my wife's choice, I wasn't so hot on it. I drove white cars for 15 years and when I saw mine, it looked more green than silver. The interesting thing about that hue is that when the light is dimmer, the car looks silver. In the day it has the green hue if the sun is shining. If it's cloudy, you see more of the silver. So it's kind of like a chameleon. Anyway, it's a change for me and change is good. The color is growing on me.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:10 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 LCI M5 September del
Quote:
I am not trying to convince anybody of anything. I am just stating what I felt after driving both vehicles back to back in the same day. Personally I can afford a M5 but I also like to think practical and be somewhat sensible at the same time and feel that if I am spending $ 25,000.00 more for anything it should justify it instead of just throwiing money at something and saying " see what I've got", real smart. Personally I could care less who has a $ 100,000.00 car or what badge it has on it. The bottom line is this, if you can justify spending $ 112,000.00 minus BMW'S generous(LOL) $ 9500.00 DISCOUNT, what a joke, all for that badge then more power to you. And by the way texas do your homework, if the new M5 was in such high demand there wouldn't be over 400 of them available new and used out there right now. Keep in mind the vehicle has not even been available for 1 year and there is already alot of used one's on the market. The bottom line is bmw over saturated the market with f 10 M5'S and it is killing their resale value.

But you can tell yourself whatever you want to stroke your ego after spending $ 103,000.00 for a badge. Again the smart M5 buyer will wait until the vehicle becomes used with low miles before wasting their money. All that being said after driving the M5 saturday, yes it is a very impressive car, but not at the price point over a dinan 550. And I believe their are alot more used M5's out there for sale than DINAN 550'S.
Well I had the 550i M Sport 2011 and it was a good car, but NO M5.
I traded it for a M3 which was a great car, I now have the new LCI M5 on order for september/October time and can't wait.
The M5 is a in a different league than a 550i IMO.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post
Well I had the 550i M Sport 2011 and it was a good car, but NO M5.
I traded it for a M3 which was a great car, I now have the new LCI M5 on order for september/October time and can't wait.
The M5 is a in a different league than a 550i IMO.
Car dealers love seeing you coming. I understand that you need to keep convincing your ego of the justification after just spending north of $ 100,000.0 for the badge. Actually since 2011 it sounds like you've probably dropped close to $ 130,000.0 plus to be in the club. What school education do I need to do this.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Car dealers love seeing you coming. I understand that you need to keep convincing your ego of the justification after just spending north of $ 100,000.0 for the badge. Actually since 2011 it sounds like you've probably dropped close to $ 130,000.0 plus to be in the club. What school education do I need to do this.
My new car price is 68900.00 fully loaded, thats 12700.00 discount.
Try getting that in the States.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:41 AM

Quote:
My new car price is 68900.00 fully loaded, thats 12700.00 discount.
Try getting that in the States.
There's a sucker born everyday. I'll stick with my 550 dinan( 530 hp/595 ft./lbs. of torque).
Old 05-23-2013, 09:42 AM

Quote:
There's a sucker born everyday. I'll stick with my 550 dinan( 530 hp/595 ft./lbs. of torque).
Good luck, hope it holds together.
Old 05-23-2013, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Good luck, hope it holds together.
Don't worry about that, with the X Drive the 550 DINAN will handle putting the power to the ground better than the M5.
Old 05-23-2013, 03:52 PM

Yet another upgrade from 550 to M5

http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=844405

Once again, another 550 owner converted to M5 and declares there is no comparison................

Quote:
Originally Posted by other forum poster
This thing is just a beast and the DCT is so slick. I'm waiting for the 1200 mile break-in to end. As much as I loved the 550xi M Sport, the comparison is not even close. Two completely different machines, and I know now that no matter how much modification I would have done to the 550, it would never even get close to the M5. Anyone who tells you different has not sat in both those cars long enough (numerous threads here on that topic, but I consider the comparo not even fair).
There are other uncomplimentary comments toward the 550 on the thread if you want to read them or not.
Old 05-23-2013, 04:14 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 M3, 2013 M5
Ok I can't tell if FTC is ignorant, or an Idiot, maybe both.

For some odd reason he keeps trying to convince himself that he found a "formula" that non of the current M5 owners have considered, he claims that we are stupid, suckers blah blah blah. Maybe he can't afford an M5, again I don't know.

So a new 550I averages roughly $75k MSRP, lets discuss MSRP to MSRP to keep it simpler. M5 averages around $101k MSRP. Let's talk about the upgrades you would have to make to the 550I.

Stage 5 Tune- $4100
Exhaust- $3600
Intake- $2700
Intercoolers- $2700
Springs- $500
Shock tune- $800
LSD- $3600 (M5 has an electronic diff which is much better, similar to Ferrari)
front brakes- $4900
Tires- $1200

All of these upgrades comes up to roughly $24100 and this does not include installation. so let's add $75000 to $24100 and it equals $99100. Hmmmmm, you still have to add installation to all of this. You're still missing the M5 engine and DCT transmission the 20'' forged wheels, better seats and leather, Alcantara headliner. Shall we continue?

Stop convincing yourself that you have superior intellect and everyone who purchased an M5 must be stupid. If you can't digest buying a $100k car then go buy a used one.

Last edited by elitex; 05-23-2013 at 04:19 PM.
Old 05-23-2013, 04:35 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 E92
test drive M5

At 100k buy a GTR

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

2011 E92 | Space Grey Metallic | Red/Black/Bamboo | ZMP | Premium | Convenience | Navigation | HK | Heated Seats