Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 F15 (2014 - Current)

X5 F15 (2014 - Current)
The all new F15 BMW X5 started production August 2013 as a 2014 model year. The new X5 arrives in sDrive35i (RWD), xDrive35i, xDrive50i and a diesel xDrive 35d.

Old 05-31-2013, 10:23 AM

Mein Auto: x5
3rd row seat info? please post here

If anyone has pics or info on changes to the 3rd row seat, please post here. It doesn't look to me that the wheelbase is changed enough to offer more room in a meaningful way. My daughter and her friends have outgrown my '07 seat.
This may force me into a MB GL or smaller car pool.
Advertisement
Old 05-31-2013, 12:56 PM

Mein Auto: VW Jetta
There will be a third row in 2014 X5. Yes, there is no improvement in terms of space.
Old 05-31-2013, 09:04 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: X5 5.0

It looks the same to me on their site . Still an after tough ...
Ill probably go with a GL or range rover...

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 06-01-2013, 09:58 AM

Yes, I just caught a glimpse on the bmw.com site. it looks the same but maybe easier to get to. Tough call. My husband is BMW loyal but I really feel the GL is better for us for our last few years with a non-driving kid.

I'm also tainted by a bad experience with massive water damage ($3,500) from sunroof damage to electronic parts that BMW wouldn't cover because they said it was water damage and we didn't properly maintain the drains. They did our maintenance and there's no info on drain maint.

But the X5 will likely be lower cost especially when factoring in the included maintenance. I hate to get it the first year given the problems we had, but we already have 125k on ours and I'd rather spend money on a new car vs. maint.
Old 06-01-2013, 03:18 PM

Mein Auto: German
Even though the X5 might be cheaper, if you really NEED the 3rd row, the GL is the only good choice. Every other car has downsides to the 3rd row. The GL is a fantastic car. I'm 6 ft and I fit perfectly with tons of room to space. I see them all the time in Boston and they look classy. That would be my pick.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:59 AM

Mein Auto: VW Jetta
The third row option of BMW X5 may only be applicable if you have kids under 5 years (in my case, 5 and 1 year). We don't use third row unless we have guests driving with us. so, its not a big deal even if they are crowded as we are not using them on regular basis.
For me, I am not ready for VAN.

My priorities are:

Sporty car + Luxury + Family Car == BMW X5 or Audi Q7 (GL is way expensive and really big too).

so, i think i will get best of all worlds, luxury car, ultimate driving experience, can seat 7 and the brand with BMW X5.

With new 2014 X5, I loved everything except meeting the lights with grill. i just hate it. hopefully, i will outgrow this hatred by the time i am ready to place an order.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:42 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 Porsche Cayenne S
We just traded my wife's 2007 X5 for a new GL 450 and the interior seating and cargo space was a big issue. She loved her X5, but the third row was really not useable IMO. If you want a useable third row, but don't want to drive something that feels as large as a Yukon, I think the GL is a great choice. We love it so far.
2010 335d (retired)
2013 MB GL 450 (wife's car)
Old 08-09-2013, 01:50 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 535i M sport
My wife grew tired of driving her huge Escalade ESV (suburban) and with 3 kids we need 3 rows of seats. I kept waiting on any morsel of info regarding BMW's X7 project, but still looks like its a no-go for now.

So we went with a MB GL350 bluetec. I really like the car; my wife loves it. But I think it's a little on the pricey side for what you get, and the screen/infotainment system is horrible. It's circa 2003 technology.

BMW please make a X7!!!!!!
Old 08-09-2013, 02:36 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 X5 xDrive 35d
I've read on another forum that the X7 is a definite go. The Chinese market will not forgive BMW if they don't produce the X7. The problem is there is no definite ETA yet for one to use in planning their near-future car purchase.

Last edited by Marwan; 08-09-2013 at 02:37 PM.
Old 08-09-2013, 02:50 PM
Bimmefest Plasti-Dip Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to Teemo Panda
Mein Auto: E53, E46-M3, E70, F25-X3

I was at the CCA event at BMW NA where we had a first look at the new X5 and 4 series and the electric i.

I'm 5,7" regular build. I could say first hand that the 3rd row fits me comfortably, and they somehow made it wider to accommodate 2 people to sit in nicely.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 08-09-2013, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlrod View Post
My wife grew tired of driving her huge Escalade ESV (suburban) and with 3 kids we need 3 rows of seats. I kept waiting on any morsel of info regarding BMW's X7 project, but still looks like its a no-go for now.

So we went with a MB GL350 bluetec. I really like the car; my wife loves it. But I think it's a little on the pricey side for what you get, and the screen/infotainment system is horrible. It's circa 2003 technology.

BMW please make a X7!!!!!!
We also ordered a GL - the 550. We'll see how it goes. Our youngest (and her friends) are just too big for the '07 X5 third seat now - I feel like a child abuser when I see them trapped back there.

We cleaned up the X5 and it's looking so good - I'm going to miss it.

We also had quite a few years of Suburbans. We thought we didn't need the big car anymore but just need a few more years now.
We had Volvo wagons with third seats before that.