Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > General Automotive Forum

General Automotive Forum
All non-BMW car talk goes here...

Old 05-21-2013, 09:22 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 89 E30 Cabrio
Fun question: what car would you drive If you were a villain in an action movie?

your plans have just been foiled your base is on fire and daniel craig or Vin Diesel i chasing you cause you have his girl beside you. what car would you drive If you were a villain in an action movie,
Ads by Google
Old 05-21-2013, 09:30 AM
Dreaming of Track Days

Mein Auto: ED'd 330Ci / E30 325i
Silver Toyota Camry. Hiding in plain sight is more effective than running, at least as far as Hollywood is concerned.
.................................................. ............................................. Space for rent .................................................. ..........................................
Old 05-21-2013, 09:39 AM

but vin diesel is right behind you. That might work against liam niesson
Old 05-21-2013, 10:01 AM
Dreaming of Track Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3star View Post
but vin diesel is right behind you. That might work against liam niesson
It doesn't matter. Being an evil genius, I'll merge into a line of cars going to Camryfest (which I created under a secret identity as a back-up plan), and exit when some hot chick in a passing ricer distracts him.

One thing to learn from the F&F movies is that the good guy always has a faster car or is a better driver, so there's no point trying to just out-run him.
.................................................. ............................................. Space for rent .................................................. ..........................................
Old 05-21-2013, 11:40 AM
puppet master

Mein Auto: E92 335i M Sport
Ford Raptor pickup with GT500 motor under the hood, because I plan to 'air it out' during my escape! I have much more off-road experience than Vin, so he's toast!
Old 05-21-2013, 12:23 PM

I'd take a Ferrari f40 lm. Or the new Corvette sting ray in black.

Then again the lm would beat me up worse than vin, so I'd probably be better off in the 599 gtb. Super fast but designed for regular roads. Of course manual gearbox.

If I'm running from Burt Reynolds I'd use a 911 Turbo 930 of course whale tail and all.

Last edited by 3star; 05-21-2013 at 12:35 PM.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:43 PM
Dreaming of Track Days

Quote:

Then again the lm would beat me up worse than vin, so I'd probably be better off in the 599 gtb. Super fast but designed for regular roads. Of course manual gearbox.

If I'm running from Burt Reynolds I'd use a 911 Turbo 930 of course whale tail and all.
My Camry will be more comfortable than all of your cars and has a nice size trunk for the hostage. If you have the girl beside you, she'll crash you at the worst possible time. Have we learned nothing from TV?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighorns View Post
Ford Raptor pickup with GT500 motor under the hood, because I plan to 'air it out' during my escape! I have much more off-road experience than Vin, so he's toast!
That was my other option. If the secret base was setup out in the desert, all the good guy's fast cars would be useless for a chase down a very bumpy single track. Extra horsepower isn't needed as its already possible to overdrive the Raptor's stock suspension. Of course, I'm sure Vin would have showed up in a full-on rally Subaru, left over from his days as a professional rally driver....

Another option would be having the base in the mountains, with the get away path needing a rock crawler - something that definitely wouldn't have been driven there. Of course, then Vin would "find" a helicopter...

See, a bland car really is the only option. One variation of this is to have your base in NYC, and use a fake cab. Nobody would even notice a cab driving too fast and cutting others off.

If you haven't figuring it out, I'm not a fan of the F&F franchise.

Last edited by cwsqbm; 05-21-2013 at 06:45 PM.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:43 PM
puppet master

Old 05-21-2013, 08:06 PM

Mein Auto: 2003 325Ci Conv
Fun question: what car would you drive If you were a villain in an action movie?

I think i would go with a Ford Pinto! Put a wig on.. Some glasses and a tacky suit...

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 05-21-2013, 08:07 PM

I would be able to explain the girl..??? Ummmm tacky ppl with a Pinto turn her on???

Old 05-21-2013, 08:30 PM

but what if its burt reynolds chasing you....
Old 05-21-2013, 09:14 PM
Dreaming of Track Days

Quote:
but what if its burt reynolds chasing you....
He's 77, and I think a stock Camry can out run a 1980 Trans Am.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:15 AM
Worlds Foremost Authority

Mein Auto: 335i E93 - 750Lix

Is Vin driving a BMW with RFTs?

If that is the case I would drive anything but a BMW and would lead him onto the FDR Drive. At about 63rd St. Vin is going to hit a pothole that will bubble his tires and bend a couple of his rims. His TPMS warning will come on and he will be limited to 50 MPH.

Now that Vin can only use the lower 85 gears of his apparent 175 speed transmission (I am basing this on the number of times he up shifts in a typical chase scene) I will easily make my escape.

CA

Drivers Club at Lime Rock
The Glen Club
International Motor Racing Research Center
BMWCCA
Cayman Club Nor'Easters
Madison Ave. Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (Only a Vice President)
Sports Car Club of America
Polish Racing Drivers of America (PRDA)
American Mural Project
Simeone Foundation Automotive Museum
Mount Washington Observatory
Society of Automotive Historians

Last edited by captainaudio; 05-22-2013 at 10:04 AM.
Old 05-22-2013, 06:43 AM

Hillarious
Old 05-22-2013, 07:45 AM
puppet master

I will be in an F30 328, which will easily out-run Vin's E90 328, even though he has the silky-smooth I6. My far superior power will throw me back in my seat, and I will be surrounded in greater luxury than Vin's cheaper car. I'll avoid too much cornering though, because the vague electric steering and low roll resistance tires won't compete against Vin's better handling machine!
Old 05-22-2013, 07:46 AM
puppet master

Quote: Originally Posted by boltjaM3s
I don't know what to tell you.

Same driver, same foot, two different 328i's. The F30 needs only a gentle tap of the foot, the car bursts forward, I get thrown back into the seat, I'm flying. The E90 needed a full-stomp, the car hesitated, started to roll, then gradually got up to speed. I never flew in the E90, never was able to tap the pedal and explode like I can in the F30.

Torque, low-end, not sure what you want to call it, the F30 is just a more exciting launch and even if I'm not actually going any faster, it feels like I'm going a hell of a lot faster. For those of you who are into the exhaust note, same thing, perhaps its perceptive. It's how the engine makes you feel, means more than any numbers on paper. Could be the turbo. Could be the lighter weight. Could be the transmission. Could be all three. I just know that the first time I test drove the F30, my very first impression was "boy, this thing is much faster than my E90". To this day, still holds true. I can't hold the car back, it just wants to go.

BJ
Old 05-22-2013, 08:44 AM
Dreaming of Track Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighorns View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by boltjaM3s
I don't know what to tell you.

Same driver, same foot, two different 328i's. The F30 needs only a gentle tap of the foot, the car bursts forward, I get thrown back into the seat, I'm flying. The E90 needed a full-stomp, the car hesitated, started to roll, then gradually got up to speed. I never flew in the E90, never was able to tap the pedal and explode like I can in the F30.

Torque, low-end, not sure what you want to call it, the F30 is just a more exciting launch and even if I'm not actually going any faster, it feels like I'm going a hell of a lot faster. For those of you who are into the exhaust note, same thing, perhaps its perceptive. It's how the engine makes you feel, means more than any numbers on paper. Could be the turbo. Could be the lighter weight. Could be the transmission. Could be all three. I just know that the first time I test drove the F30, my very first impression was "boy, this thing is much faster than my E90". To this day, still holds true. I can't hold the car back, it just wants to go.

BJ
Acting as Mr. Camry in this thread, I'm not impressed with either. Besides, Vin would never be caught dead in a base 3 series.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:49 AM
puppet master

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwsqbm View Post
Acting as Mr. Camry in this thread, I'm not impressed with either. Besides, Vin would never be caught dead in a base 3 series.
Well, if you're driving a Camry that changes things.

My post was a reference from another thread that I thought perhaps 'some people' would get had they followed that thread. (All tongue-in-cheek BTW!)
Old 05-22-2013, 09:00 AM
Infamous06

Mein Auto: 2006 bmw x3 3.0i
id take the formula 1 looking car in the new fast 6 or a aventador

Black
Mans
Whip
Old 05-22-2013, 09:22 AM

What about Speed Racer's car!!!

Old 05-22-2013, 10:14 AM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoBuster View Post
What about Speed Racer's car!!!

Aka lambo aventador

Last edited by 3star; 05-22-2013 at 10:16 AM.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:18 PM
Overly Intellectual

Mein Auto: 2002 M5, 1999 M Roadster
I like the Lambo Aventador for showyness, and have a big rig to drive up into like in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gumball_Rally or maybe the Nissan GT-R with Alpha 12 package.

But like was said, if the hero has a faster car anyway, and if we're gonna get caught, maybe speed isn't the name of the game.

Maybe have a big RV so I can make out with the hot chick in the back while he's catching up. Convince her to go "bad" and leave her something to remember me by so she'll break me out of jail in the sequel...
Old 06-08-2013, 04:59 PM
My avatar is a selfie LOL

Mein Auto: 2011 M3 DCT

I would drive a sunshine yellow convertible Volkswagen Beetle with car eyelashes. I would be a true sleeper villain.