Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > F10 M5 (2012 - Current)

F10 M5 (2012 - Current)
The count down is on. The BMW M5 F10 will be released on April 1st, 2011!

Old 06-10-2013, 02:50 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 M5 MONTE CARLO BLUE
Pulled the trigger

After 1 month of doing alot of research, two different test drives,asking alot of questions,agonizing over colors,agonizing over DCT vs. Manual, and pricing out new vs. used I decided to go with a 2013 new monte carlo blue with silverstone full leather interior. Six speed manual,executive,assistance, and bang and olfson stereo. I think I got a decent deal after looking at alot of different M5's. Trade difference of $ 45,000.00 before tax,title, and doc against a 2011 550 x drive m sport dinan stage 4. I have to say I am really going to miss the 550 with all wheel drive ! It was a great vehicle, espcially with dinan mods and all wheel drive. I really hope I do not miss the all wheel drive, I will not drive it ( the M5) in the snow ! But I am going to put winter tires on it for cold temperature pavement conditions. Very excited but at the same time sad to see the 550 go. Could not afford both. Very anxious to see how the LSD in the M5 compares to the all wheel drive in the 550, as far as stability under the car with 500 plus HP. Thank everybody on bimmerfest for their opinions and feedback while I have been making this very tough decision, your input has been a big help.This will be my first M.
Ads by Google
Old 06-10-2013, 06:39 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 F10 M5
You are going to love it! I think this is the one you wanted from the start.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:37 PM

Mein Auto: 335 xDrive
Enjoy the essence of a sporting RWD sedan with all kinds of power! Don't expect it to hook like the AWD in marginal traction conditions, but rather enjoy the need to modulate throttle to find the best traction. I run mine with traction and stability control off because I believe these aids train bad drivers one corner at a time. It takes pretty decent pavement at the right temperature to avoid wheel spin in first and second. Wet and/or cold roads in 3rd will cause excitement, and in the odd case in 4th.
I kept my 335 xDrive for winter and absolutely enjoy being able to put a larger fraction of the available power down on most surfaces.
Old 06-11-2013, 01:36 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 LCI M5 September del
Talking

Good colour/interior choice (mine also) enjoy the ride.
My LCI coming September.
Old 06-17-2013, 04:31 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 M3, 2013 M5
Re: Pulled the trigger

So, how is it?

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 06-18-2013, 04:25 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 M5 MONTE CARLO BLUE
Quote:
Originally Posted by elitex View Post
So, how is it?

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
I am still waiting for it. I live in maine and the M5 is coming from chicago. It should arrive this week. They picked my 550 up last monday and it arrived in chicago wednesday night. They had to install the clear bra and swap the radar detector over. Starting to get anxious.