Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 05-28-2013, 02:53 PM

Mein Auto: NA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewsky View Post
Just me, Rob. Mine works as of early May. And it's $250 for 3 years for the internet browser.
Hi Drewsky, how did you purchase the internet service? Did you add it when you placed the order of the car? I am interested in it but did not know it is a standalone service not included in the technology package. Wondering if the price would be different now since I already took delivery of my car.

Thanks!
Old 05-28-2013, 04:15 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 x3 35i
Does BMW Assist working in '14s??

What else does the $250 get you?

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 05-28-2013, 05:09 PM

Mein Auto: '14 X3 35i-M Space Grey
Quote:
Originally Posted by haodang View Post
Hi Drewsky, how did you purchase the internet service? Did you add it when you placed the order of the car? I am interested in it but did not know it is a standalone service not included in the technology package. Wondering if the price would be different now since I already took delivery of my car.

Thanks!
It is purchased as part of the initial setup of BMW Assist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfiermon View Post
What else does the $250 get you?

The 250 is internet and I *think* the concierge service (unsure about that, it may just be the internet, in which case the 250 gives you ability to browse the web when you aren't moving). It will become much clearer on how this stuff it itemized in three years when all of the services start coming due from either being paid for or for the 3 year free due to purchase.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:41 AM
just some random guy

Mein Auto: 2014 X3 35i

Success! And I believe it's reproducible.

The problem is when your profile has other info in it - a second driver, emergency contacts, etc. I called BMW assist and they deleted and reprovisioned my profile, leaving out my wife's profile and our emergency contact info. A few hours later all connected drive functionality was working.

So - if it's not working for you - have BMW delete your profile and reprovision, but DON'T ADD ANY OTHER USERS OR CONTACTS.

Best of luck. BMW Online is very cool.

aberrant.

Old 06-13-2013, 09:29 AM

Mein Auto: X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by aberrant View Post
Success! And I believe it's reproducible.

The problem is when your profile has other info in it - a second driver, emergency contacts, etc. I called BMW assist and they deleted and reprovisioned my profile, leaving out my wife's profile and our emergency contact info. A few hours later all connected drive functionality was working.

So - if it's not working for you - have BMW delete your profile and reprovision, but DON'T ADD ANY OTHER USERS OR CONTACTS.

Best of luck. BMW Online is very cool.

aberrant.

Aberrant, nope, still not working for me after my CA deleted my account and resubmitted just my data. The BMW Assist people confirmed it. I just spent 30 minutes on the phone with BMW Assist, mostly waiting. They are resubmitting a ticket. I think my problem is that my vehicle was one of the first batch delivered.
Old 06-13-2013, 09:40 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 BMW X3 35i M Sport
Still not working for me either. However, sending google maps seems to work now. both from my office comp and iOS BMW Remote App, sending maps is working consistently
the BMW Online feature used to work but still does not work.
I also found the BMW remote app did work then stopped working( except for the google local search maps send). my iphone is jailbroke. I was speaking to Zach a supervisor with Assist. he said the jailbrake might have something to do with but he's personally used it with a JB phone and does work. He is also using iOS 7 beta with the BMW Remote app and it's working too. I had a brainstorm to delete app and reinstall. it worked at least for now.
so in conlusion. bmw online in car is still a no go. maps yes, remote yes for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimsan View Post
Aberrant, nope, still not working for me after my CA deleted my account and resubmitted just my data. The BMW Assist people confirmed it. I just spent 30 minutes on the phone with BMW Assist, mostly waiting. They are resubmitting a ticket. I think my problem is that my vehicle was one of the first batch delivered.
Old 06-13-2013, 02:25 PM

Mein Auto: '14 X3 35i / '03 F350
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjays View Post
Still not working for me either. However, sending google maps seems to work now. both from my office comp and iOS BMW Remote App, sending maps is working consistently
Getting maps from Google is about the only thing that DOES NOT work for me.

I go onto my pc, gogle maps, then use the [send to phone] oops - meant to type "send to car" feature from there.

Is that how you do it?
Where in the iDrive mess-o-screens does the received map or destination info appear?

Thanks!

Our BMW: '14 X3 35i, Deep Sea Blue, Black Nevada Leather, Fineline Wave Wood, Satin Aluminum Roof Rails, Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Navigation System, Driver Assistance Pkg with ALL them cameras, Premium Sound
Our truck: '03 Ford F350, 7.3L turbo-diesel, 4WD, Lariat package, Lear topper, cow catcher, Blue over Grey (Go Rice!)

"Old Faithful's just a fountain compared to the glory of true love" -- John Prine

Last edited by Liverman; 06-13-2013 at 03:08 PM.
Old 06-13-2013, 02:30 PM

No you need to go to maps.google.com and use send to car. It's located under "more".
You need to use your email address on all caps that is associated
With you BMW assist. In the car u will see a mail icon appear on the nab screen
You can also check for these messages from connected drive via idrive under messages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liverman View Post
Getting maps from Google is about the only thing that DOES NOT work for me.

I go onto my pc, gogle maps, then use the send to phone feature from there.

Is that how you do it?
Where in the iDrive mess-o-screens does the received map or destination info appear?

Thanks!
Old 06-13-2013, 02:33 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 X3 M Sport
Re: Does BMW Assist working in '14s??

Sending map location from maps.Google.Com works for me. This is how it works,

1. When you search a location, click on MORE
2. Click then on SEND
3. Select CAR on the send to: option
4. Select your make as BMW
5. Enter BMW assist account name, which is the email address you provided when setting up bmw assist
6. Click SEND

Hope this helps

Sent from my SGH-T999 using BimmerApp mobile app
2014 X3 28i[/B] - Alpine White with Black Nevada Leather - Fineline Wave wood - Premium - M Sport - Lighting - Dynamic Handling - Driver Assistance with Top View - Navigation - High gloss Roof rails - Shadowline
Old 06-13-2013, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw5dm3 View Post
Sending map location from maps.Google.Com works for me. This is how it works,

1. When you search a location, click on MORE
2. Click then on SEND
3. Select CAR on the send to: option
4. Select your make as BMW
5. Enter BMW assist account name, which is the email address you provided when setting up bmw assist
6. Click SEND

Hope this helps

Continuation to my previous post ...

7. Start your BMW, select CONNECTED DRIVE ON THE IDRIVE MENU, THEN MESSAGES, THEN YOU SHOULD SEE MyInfo message with the address.

2014 X3 28i[/B] - Alpine White with Black Nevada Leather - Fineline Wave wood - Premium - M Sport - Lighting - Dynamic Handling - Driver Assistance with Top View - Navigation - High gloss Roof rails - Shadowline
Old 06-13-2013, 03:03 PM

Mein Auto: X3
Guys, for me sending google maps from a PC does not work. They appear to be sent but I never receive them. However sending google maps from the BMW Remote app for my iPhone 4S does work. Use your remote app if you are having problems receiving maps from a PC.

And yes they will show up under Messages.
Old 06-13-2013, 03:17 PM

Thank yoiu all for poutting up with my error of typing "send top phone" when I meant "send to car".

I am doing steps 1-6 as laid out by bmw5dm3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw5dm3 View Post
Continuation to my previous post ...

7. Start your BMW, select CONNECTED DRIVE ON THE IDRIVE MENU, THEN MESSAGES, THEN YOU SHOULD SEE MyInfo message with the address.

Step 7 does not appear for me - no "MyInfo" under messages. (yet all my text message from my old Nokia 6230 dumb phone are there!).

Good news is that I have been LOOKING in the right place on the X3 iDrive...it just is not THERE!

So even though there is no error message when I click send from maps.google.com, it never reaches the vehicle.

Thanks for the help folks!!

Our BMW: '14 X3 35i, Deep Sea Blue, Black Nevada Leather, Fineline Wave Wood, Satin Aluminum Roof Rails, Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Navigation System, Driver Assistance Pkg with ALL them cameras, Premium Sound
Our truck: '03 Ford F350, 7.3L turbo-diesel, 4WD, Lariat package, Lear topper, cow catcher, Blue over Grey (Go Rice!)

"Old Faithful's just a fountain compared to the glory of true love" -- John Prine
Old 06-13-2013, 07:25 PM

At step 7, check the filter settings, it should either be ALL or Service messages instead of text messages to see myinfo. See photo.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1371173067275.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	381638

Old 06-14-2013, 06:48 AM

Thanks

Thanks for the pic, bmw5dm3!

What you see is EXACTLY what I DON'T see! Grrr!

Back to talking with BMW Assist...

Old 06-14-2013, 06:46 PM

Pushed the button and spoke to the lady in the sky at BMW Assist. She said the MyInfo issue I was seeing had been seen with other '14 vehicles. She "reset" or "reinitialized" my account (did not delete the second driver - me - or additional phone numbers). It seems to have worked since two map message I had previously sent appeared in the Messages where bmw5dm3's picture shows.

So, I think I am working...at least for now ... until they make the next change

Old 06-14-2013, 07:34 PM
just some random guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liverman View Post
Pushed the button and spoke to the lady in the sky at BMW Assist. She said the MyInfo issue I was seeing had been seen with other '14 vehicles. She "reset" or "reinitialized" my account (did not delete the second driver - me - or additional phone numbers). It seems to have worked since two map message I had previously sent appeared in the Messages where bmw5dm3's picture shows.

So, I think I am working...at least for now ... until they make the next change
Congrats! Make sure bmw online works too

Old 06-14-2013, 08:15 PM

Does any have BMW online in the car working?

Quote:
Make sure bmw online works too
Old 06-14-2013, 10:51 PM
just some random guy

Quote:
Yup. It started working after my profile was reprovisioned. It's very nice
Old 06-15-2013, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Congrats! Make sure bmw online works too
That was the strange part - BMW Online has been working since almost day 1 - weather, news (that's a joke), the apps, google, etc. Even the feature to send my position from the car to an email address was working. The ONLY thing that was not working was the blinkin' MyInfo (getting a map location sent to the car from Google)...really strange. Also, Internet was not working, but I didn't pay for that extra, so I did not expect that to work.

The BMW Assist staff have been very pleasant. In the early days (April & May) they had little information about the issues or what to do about them. When I spoke with them this week, they were much better informed and were able to execute account resets that cleared up my issue.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:39 AM

Quote:
I picked up my car at the PC last week and everything is working. They actually said it was the first 2014 where everything worked and they were seeing some things for the first time. They had warned me in advance that there have been issues and everything may not work right away.

People that had prior built cars may have some issues getting it fixed now but maybe it's fixed for new deliveries going forward.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:11 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 X3 xDrive 35i
Despite numerous calls to BMW assist, the Internet function still does not work! All the the other functions are slowly coming online, but not the internet. I also can't figure out the "Office" feature. Am I supposed to be able to see my emails, etc on this screen?
Old 06-19-2013, 10:04 AM

Mein Auto: n/a
help

Ok here's my setup & issue:

I have an iPhone 4s and a 2014 x3.
- BMW Apps work when I connect my phone via USB into the arm rest (i.e. facebook)
- BMW Bluetooth streaming works along with phone calls.
- BMW Widgets works
- BMW local google search works
- Sending an address via maps.google.com to the vehicle works

Issue:
- BMW Internet & BMW office isn't working

When I try to use BMW internet it just tells me to check my contract status, but I have the tech package which includes a 3 year subscription to all services that already work in the vehicle aside from these two. To my understanding, BMW office is supposed to read me emails as I receive them, but that isn't working.

Anyone have any idea of how to set these up? I tried plugging my phone in via USB to access BMW internet and have it read my emails but neither works. However, sending a destination from google maps to my car works great and that uses my email so I'm stumped. Any help is appreciated
Old 06-19-2013, 10:09 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 X3 xDrive 35i

I have the exact same experience sno90border. This is going on six weeks of not working properly. They are blaming Germany. lol

Old 06-19-2013, 11:18 AM

Mein Auto: '14 X3 35i-M Space Grey
Quote:
Originally Posted by sno90border View Post
Ok here's my setup & issue:

I have an iPhone 4s and a 2014 x3.
- BMW Apps work when I connect my phone via USB into the arm rest (i.e. facebook)
- BMW Bluetooth streaming works along with phone calls.
- BMW Widgets works
- BMW local google search works
- Sending an address via maps.google.com to the vehicle works

Issue:
- BMW Internet & BMW office isn't working

When I try to use BMW internet it just tells me to check my contract status, but I have the tech package which includes a 3 year subscription to all services that already work in the vehicle aside from these two. To my understanding, BMW office is supposed to read me emails as I receive them, but that isn't working.

Anyone have any idea of how to set these up? I tried plugging my phone in via USB to access BMW internet and have it read my emails but neither works. However, sending a destination from google maps to my car works great and that uses my email so I'm stumped. Any help is appreciated
Ok there is a lot of stuff to go over here so bear with me.

#1 and most important: the INTERNET function is NOT included in the initial 3-year. It is absolutely a pay service from day one. This is for the i-drive web browser only. It connects via the vehicle's own cellular 3G data connection. It does not rely on phone data connection at all. On initial registration (delivery day) you can buy a 3 year block of it so that it comes up for renew when everything else does, which is $250. If I had to do it over again, I wouldn't have purchased it. The i-drive web browser is a pain to use.

#2 BMW apps (facebook, twitter, etc) works through the USB connection to your phone with the accompanying iphone app. It relies on your phone's internet connection to make that stuff work.

#3 BMW office (getting emails/SMS read to you) relies on the bluetooth protocol, the same that phone calls go through. This does not use the USB connection and is dependent only on the phone supporting the proper protocol. Based on what I've seen and been told, the email function for getting your personal emails only works with blackberry. I dont have an iphone so I can't say. It does work with SMS though and you should see those in your messages.

#4 The "send to car" from google maps is a bmw-assist back-end service that does not rely on your phone or personal email. It uses the in-vehicle 3G data connection to receive the message from bmw-assist.

Ok so with clearing up of where everything comes from, the maps send-to-car and email are not related. If you can see your SMS messages I would suggest that is probably all you can see (again, I dont have an iphone). If you cannot see your SMS messages then you may need to upgrade your iphone software as the channel that is used to get that data is bluetooth which you have verified to be working properly.

Also just discovered: Once you get SMS working in vehicle, if you want to send an SMS message the only way to do so is with voice dictation. You get 60 days for free for it then it's 30-40 a year to Nuance for that feature to work. Grr I hate getting nickel-and-dimed to death.

Last edited by Drewsky; 06-19-2013 at 11:20 AM.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:21 AM

Mein Auto: X3 28i
As stated above internet is an extra option that is not included with the tech package, so unless you spent the extra $250 don't expect this to work. I have an iphone 4S too and I have had the car read me text messages but haven't tried emails. At one point email was only on blackberry devices but not sure if that's still the same now.

Oh and the text messages only appear in the car if they were received while you are in the car. It doesn't pull up old messages on the phone.
2014 X3 28i - Deep Sea Blue Metallic - Black 'Nevada' Leather - Brushed Aluminum - Cold Weather - Driver Assistance with Top View - Lighting - Premium - Technology - Satin Aluminum Roof rails - Rear manual side window shades

Last edited by ironfan; 06-19-2013 at 11:22 AM.